Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2022, 21:02   #31
God Member

Re: The down at Pompey thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
Give your head a shake.
If you seriously are suggesting that Conneely's selection was a deciding factor in this debacle then my under current feelings of your bias against him are founded.
1 to 11 not good enough.
If you think Pell or Liegh's selection would have made a blind bit of difference ........ then again you were on a day trip so did you watch the game ?
1 to 11 not good enough correct seen the goals diabolical defending not picking on Seamus just personally think he's past his best and I think he has been a great player for Stanley but this season,s away form has been a disaster think we have enough points to stay up because can't see the bottom clubs reaching 46+ points so should be looking towards next season and getting games into the younger future generation. Don't take it personally it's just my opinion.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2022, 22:03   #32
Full Member+

Conneely and McConville are easy targets for majority of our ‘fan’ base. Like a broken record.
Games like this in League 1 need your big game players to step up and take the game to the opposition.
Butcher and Bishop in particular really poor. Hamilton been sloppy although at least he plays with some passion which others could learn from.
Must admit to disagreeing with Coley in his interview. Thought Longelo offered very little.
No idea why we didn’t go to a 3 at the back sooner with Rodgers, Notts and Ross.
Tommy Leigh at RB and Sean at LB. Baffling.
So slow at moving the ball forward. Trying to score the perfect total football goal.
Feel for Jack Nolan. Had a cracking few games in 23’s and now completely dropped from squad.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:53   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Conneely and McConville are easy targets for majority of our ‘fan’ base. Like a broken record.
Games like this in League 1 need your big game players to step up and take the game to the opposition.
Butcher and Bishop in particular really poor. Hamilton been sloppy although at least he plays with some passion which others could learn from.
Must admit to disagreeing with Coley in his interview. Thought Longelo offered very little.
No idea why we didn’t go to a 3 at the back sooner with Rodgers, Notts and Ross.
Tommy Leigh at RB and Sean at LB. Baffling.
So slow at moving the ball forward. Trying to score the perfect total football goal.
Feel for Jack Nolan. Had a cracking few games in 23’s and now completely dropped from squad.
Like a broken record they aren't easy targets they just aren't like all the others especially away from home not performing and then you feel for Nolan who would step into McConville,s position presumably that's called sitting on the fence, can see a few leaving or not being offered contracts Nolan probably being one and Butcher who is often our best player is I believe out of contract can see unless we have an option going back down South big Summer coming up if we want to remain " punching above our weight ".
Old 06-03-2022, 07:06   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Like a broken record they aren't easy targets they just aren't like all the others especially away from home not performing and then you feel for Nolan who would step into McConville,s position presumably that's called sitting on the fence, can see a few leaving or not being offered contracts Nolan probably being one and Butcher who is often our best player is I believe out of contract can see unless we have an option going back down South big Summer coming up if we want to remain " punching above our weight ".
Just surprised we seem to be relying on a holding midfielder or an aging winger turned wing back to be our saviours.
Not seen one ounce of criticism for many other players under performing, most of whom I’d expect much more from than Conneely and McConville.
I’d much rather have Nolan on the bench than Longelo from what I have seen of both.
For what it’s worth, Sean has almost double the assists of Butcher this season than Matt has for the last 2

Last edited by StanleyJosh; 06-03-2022 at 07:14.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:19   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Just surprised we seem to be relying on a holding midfielder or an aging winger wing back to be our saviours.
Not seen one ounce of criticism for many other players under performing, most of whom I’d expect much more from than Conneely and McConville.
I’d much rather have Nolan on the bench than Longelo from what I have seen of both.
For what it’s worth, Sean has almost double the assists of Butcher this season than Matt has for the last 2
January window 4 signings that were going to excite fans from my own view on what bits we have seen of them not overly impressed with any of them, like yourself I,be seen Nolan a few times in games and he,s impressed me but given no chance at all in the first team, Coyle impressive sent off nowhere to be seen. Has at every club manager,s pick the side has fans when in the main you are winning everybody is onboard the other side of the coin fans criticize but it seldom changes the managers team selection, I fully expect a similar starting 11 next week at home to Charlton will the home form continue to be good hopefully or fans will start to have a say.
Old 06-03-2022, 07:53   #36
God Member

Listened to Coley's post match and not a mention of the man in black

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:39   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I asked this the other week and will ask again.........

71% possession, 25 shots, 6 on target - v- 29%, 11/4 and we LOSE 4-0?!?!?!
possession does not get you points, its goals scored that does. there are teams that always have a lower percentage of the ball but win the majority of their games. after the donny non event you,d have thought something might have changed yesterday. stanley have got into a 2 team side. the home one and the away one.
Watchdog likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:45   #38
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd; Has at every club manager,s pick the side has fans when in the main you are winning everybody is onboard the other side of the coin fans criticize but it seldom changes the managers team selection, I fully expect a similar starting 11 next week at home to Charlton will the home form continue to be good hopefully or fans will start to have a say.[/QUOTE]

think the majority of fans who never go away or even watch ifollow for mid week games will be fairly happy as home performances have on the whole been quite decent, its when sides do bad at home but better away that fans will start grumbling more.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:46   #39
God Member

I understand the possession stats. M.H., I was just quoting all of them

Shots and shots on target are the ones I do not get, though it is different when you are at the game, as you can see the ones on target and understand the difference in the proper chances and the ones which just tick the box

Old 06-03-2022, 08:50   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
possession does not get you points, its goals scored that does. there are teams that always have a lower percentage of the ball but win the majority of their games. after the donny non event you,d have thought something might have changed yesterday. stanley have got into a 2 team side. the home one and the away one.
Think Coley said in the last 3 away games we have had 68 shots that's virtually 23 a game so creating the opportunity to shoot isn't the problem it's converting to goals hence the arguments return to the striker department hasn't been good enough all season even at home goals have generally come from other departments.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:43   #41

Quote:
Think Coley said in the last 3 away games we have had 68 shots that's virtually 23 a game so creating the opportunity to shoot isn't the problem it's converting to goals hence the arguments return to the striker department hasn't been good enough all season even at home goals have generally come from other departments.
The problem is definitely in the striker department. We haven't found/developed the next Charles.......and to be fair Charles first season wasn't a 20 goal season and he played the majority of the games in that season. Got to give the new lad time........
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:30   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
January window 4 signings that were going to excite fans from my own view on what bits we have seen of them not overly impressed with any of them, like yourself I,be seen Nolan a few times in games and he,s impressed me but given no chance at all in the first team, Coyle impressive sent off nowhere to be seen. Has at every club manager,s pick the side has fans when in the main you are winning everybody is onboard the other side of the coin fans criticize but it seldom changes the managers team selection, I fully expect a similar starting 11 next week at home to Charlton will the home form continue to be good hopefully or fans will start to have a say.
Nolans impressed many fans but doubt if he will get a chance hes not RELATED to anyone.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:13   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nolans impressed many fans but doubt if he will get a chance hes not RELATED to anyone.
Are you saying what I have heard a lot of fans saying that we have a close circle in the dressing room where newcomers can't breach and some players are automatic choices hopefully not but it does make you think after years of watching similar patterns with different squads.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:56   #44
God Member

Question Re: The down at Pompey thread.

Just watched some extended low-lights of the game yesterday

First goal from our corner!!!!

Fourth goal from our attacking move (we were in their box) and their No7 ran the length of the pitch without a challenge.........

Not good and so disappointing after the great display against Wycombe

Old 06-03-2022, 15:00   #45
Senior Member+

Second goal from a corner .... great saving tackle from Nottingham to put the ball out for the corner, but then he had given it away in the first place with a sloppy and infinitely predictable pass across the back

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..