Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2022, 16:10   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham Match Thread

Well I tried … :-(
Kiwi John and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 02-04-2022, 16:17   #17
God Member

...Enter Cashy
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 16:37   #18
God Member

Shocking defending Sykes at fault for 1st goal gets himself a silly yellow for running away with the ball should have been subbed then you could see the second yellow coming 2 points thrown away didn't manage the ticking down of the clock. Still not mathematicaly safe but sure as well are.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 16:42   #19

I've got a lot of time for Coley for what he did for my lads and what he has done for your club BUT listening to yet ANOTHER extended interview with Radio Lancashire post match he complains constantly about how things go against his team time after time after time.

It's now so familiar that it's become boring to listen to and whilst I sympathize with him he comes across as a someone who is a constant moaner. Such a shame.....
pifco, andyd and Watchdog like this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 17:00   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
4-2 now...thats gotta make it safe.
aye we thought that but ross was stupid we thought. that probably cost the match? he needs to use his head a bit more its spoiing him as a player i think.
Old 02-04-2022, 17:33   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
It's now so familiar that it's become boring to listen to and whilst I sympathize with him he comes across as a someone who is a constant moaner. Such a shame.....
I suspect Coleman would agree with you that moaning about the standard of officiating is boring, but just to give one example from today of what goes on regularly at The Wham….
The BBC web site notes “Jimmy Bell was yellow carded in the 35th minute for protesting against an offside decision”. And Cheltenham we’re then allowed to take the resulting free kick five yards inside Stanley’s half. Go figure.
However, that’s no excuse for Stanley clutching what felt like a defeat from the jaws of victory. From the score line, no-one would think that this was such a mundane match of little flowing football, plenty of high ball antics, lots of pushing, shoving and infantile behaviour.
Taking off the Stanley’s two-goal Man of the Match just about summed up a pretty chaotic performance.
andyd and Watchdog like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 17:46   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

there is a reason for this sort of thing, super john should answer why i think. that is if he DARE.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-04-2022, 19:43   #23

After suffering weeks from a goal drought, today produced a rare & welcome glut.
Unfortunately, despite what appeared a comfortable lead, Stanley proved their L1 reputation as the gift that keeps on giving.
After adopting our favourite method of defence, panic & hoof it anywhere, all Cheltenham had to do was keep the ball on the deck & pass their way to a remarkable comeback. Can we really complain?
Judging by some of the glaring positional errors & impulsive decisions - all too often wrong; young Savin looked nervous & lacking confidence.
Tommy Leigh on the other hand was outstanding. On today's performance I doubt he'll be wearing red next season.
Perhaps we could use the money to buy back Chappers when those dirty Gills get relegated.
Crown Grounder likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 20:09   #24
God Member

Smile Re: Cheltenham Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I will put $$$ on it that the ref is a complete dickhead. Sadly, our young keeper won't be full of confidence. Grumpy Sunday.
I wish he was useless K.J! that would have been a massive improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 02-04-2022 at 20:16.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 20:12   #25
God Member

Smile Re: Cheltenham Match Thread

Quote:
I've got a lot of time for Coley for what he did for my lads and what he has done for your club BUT listening to yet ANOTHER extended interview with Radio Lancashire post match he complains constantly about how things go against his team time after time after time.

Come and watch us next season and then we shall see!?!?!?

Old 02-04-2022, 20:31   #26
God Member

What about the 'added time' fiasco??????

Old 03-04-2022, 08:39   #27
God Member

Quote:

sounding more and more like jim bentley used to do when he was at morecambe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:49   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Shocking defending Sykes at fault for 1st goal gets himself a silly yellow for running away with the ball should have been subbed then you could see the second yellow coming 2 points thrown away didn't manage the ticking down of the clock. Still not mathematicaly safe but sure as well are.
just wonder if stanleys discipline record may be down to coleys attitudes nowadays. sounds increasingly down this season with the whole football world against him and his club. really hate saying this as i love and respect the guy, but he is not getting any younger and does he want anymore hassle out of the game. is this a good time to look at his future as he has took stanley as far as he can and the future does not look too great. it wasn,t the same without coley in charge but some time in the future it has to happen again. been thinking this for a while now and not a knee jerk over yesterday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:54   #29

I think what seems to be coming out of all this is a general lack of discipline within the team and management. Perhaps the actual or perceived unfairness of the officials might be used by the manager to galvanise the team and instill a sort of seige mentality in the players........"tell them they are playing against15 every game.......11 players and 4 officials"........and to accept every decision without question or complaint.....but run faster and try harder. After all I can't remember a single occasion when the referee has changed his/her decision after a complaint by Coley or any of the players.
MikeA and monkey hanger like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:22   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I think what seems to be coming out of all this is a general lack of discipline within the team and management. Perhaps the actual or perceived unfairness of the officials might be used by the manager to galvanise the team and instill a sort of seige mentality in the players........"tell them they are playing against15 every game.......11 players and 4 officials"........and to accept every decision without question or complaint.....but run faster and try harder. After all I can't remember a single occasion when the referee has changed his/her decision after a complaint by Coley or any of the players.
They very rarely change a decision unless one of the other officials tells them they got it wrong, Jimmy Bell incensed at one such decision decided to complain in the fourth official,s ear despite being constantly warned he finally got a yellow might not be right but they have been in the game long enough to know what is coming. Has for this continuing moaning about luck and decision making is just papering over obvious defending mistakes that have cost us all season -17 says it all needs a sorting in the summer because it could become a relegation struggle next season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..