Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2022, 17:49   #76
God Member

Re: Retained list 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Hope he wants to move back north.
And a massive drop in pay......................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2022, 08:27   #77

I'm not claiming to have any expertise on the matter but of the four players Twenty Eight has just named, Ross is the only one I can see attracting a lot of interest. Toby may do but definately lost confidence towards the end of the season regarding his positioning which may affect people's willingness to take a risk on him. The other two are, I think, too risky for others at the moment. Joe Pritchard has hardly played this season so I think clubs would want him to prove his fitness first and Tommy has only had most of a season at this level so again may need to prove himself more yet.

Regarding the investment. I'm afraid I'm part of the old brigade who has spent much iof my life travelling the country and being asked "Accrington, didn't they used to have a football team?" At whatever level we were playing I was proud to reply that they still do. I love being in League 1 and testing ourselves against some of the bigger names of football but I'd rather have a club to support than end up the way some of our recent rivals have gone, notably Bury.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:55   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
I'm not claiming to have any expertise on the matter but of the four players Twenty Eight has just named, Ross is the only one I can see attracting a lot of interest. Toby may do but definately lost confidence towards the end of the season regarding his positioning which may affect people's willingness to take a risk on him. The other two are, I think, too risky for others at the moment. Joe Pritchard has hardly played this season so I think clubs would want him to prove his fitness first and Tommy has only had most of a season at this level so again may need to prove himself more yet.

Regarding the investment. I'm afraid I'm part of the old brigade who has spent much iof my life travelling the country and being asked "Accrington, didn't they used to have a football team?" At whatever level we were playing I was proud to reply that they still do. I love being in League 1 and testing ourselves against some of the bigger names of football but I'd rather have a club to support than end up the way some of our recent rivals have gone, notably Bury.
Some "big" clubs at this level now and we can't compete budget wise, Sheffield Wednesday in again next season and suspect has Sunderland before them did significantly reduce their budget, looking at some early retained lists lots of free agents that in current financial times especially in the EFL may have to bite the bullet and take less money to continue playing.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 07:39   #79

Decided to watch Arbroath v Inverness Cally Thistle last night to see if I could get a look at Joe Hardy. Came on as sub after 60 minutes but the ref, who was of the Kettle variety, decided to send one of their players off a couple of minutes later. Injuries and a second strange sending off meant they spent most of the rest of the game and extra time playing with 9 men, and for a few minutes 8 which meant he didn't really get much of a look in playing as a lone striker. Too small to win the ball and hold it up but has a good turn of pace. The one half chance he got, he created with his pace but then put the shot high and wide. Confidently scored his penalty in the shoot out.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 08:17   #80
God Member

Quote:
Decided to watch Arbroath v Inverness Cally Thistle last night to see if I could get a look at Joe Hardy. Came on as sub after 60 minutes but the ref, who was of the Kettle variety, decided to send one of their players off a couple of minutes later. Injuries and a second strange sending off meant they spent most of the rest of the game and extra time playing with 9 men, and for a few minutes 8 which meant he didn't really get much of a look in playing as a lone striker. Too small to win the ball and hold it up but has a good turn of pace. The one half chance he got, he created with his pace but then put the shot high and wide. Confidently scored his penalty in the shoot out.
I've watched three games now in the playoffs struggled on his own and some wayward passing but he can control the ball and like you say has a bit of pace about him hopefully back at Stanley and can get a place in the side.
Old 14-05-2022, 09:53   #81
God Member

Just a quick one on Inverness over the 3 games I,ve watched Mark Ridgers the keeper has been excellent superb penalty save in the shootout last night, commands his box brave diving for the ball at feet enjoyed watching him.
cashman and Lost in Cornwall like this.
Old 19-05-2022, 13:48   #82
God Member

According to press reports in Portsmouth Cowley has changed his mind about Matt Butcher other areas of the team are more in need of strengthening. My guess if he wants to be closer to ' home ' is he will end up with Barton at Bristol Rovers.
Old 20-05-2022, 12:15   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
My guess if he wants to be closer to ' home ' is he will end up with Barton at Bristol Rovers.
Surely no-one can be that desperate?
Greger and andyd like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2022, 13:06   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Surely no-one can be that desperate?
dont kid yerself.
andyd likes this.
Old 20-05-2022, 21:58   #85
God Member

Quote:
Decided to watch Arbroath v Inverness Cally Thistle last night to see if I could get a look at Joe Hardy...
Hardy started tonight but was subbed at half time with ICF 0-2 down. Mmm.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 10:19   #86
Senior Member+

Lots of talk over here about Matt Butcher going to Bradford City. No idea if it's accurate.
Old 23-05-2022, 13:22   #87
Senior Member+

Retained list 2022/2023;
All players including some U23’s on contracts.

Updated following issue of Club Retained List on Fishy site.
I will try to keep this updated as the summer progresses if players take up their offers
of contract extensions and also regarding any transfer activity etc.

Goalkeepers ?
Toby Savin: (contract until 2023)
Liam Isherwood (contract for 2022-2023 season)

Defenders?
Michael Nottingham (contract until 2023)
Mitch Clark (contract until 2023)
Harvey Rodgers (contract until 2023)
Archie Procter (contract until 2023
Jay Rich-Baghuelou (contract for 2022-2023)
Ross Sykes (contract extension triggered)
Matty Carson (contract extension triggered)

Midfielders?
Seamus Coneelly (contract until 2023)
Harry Pell (contract until 2023)
Joe Pritchard (contract until 2023)
John O’Sullivan (contract until 2024)
David Morgan (contract until 2024)
Ethan Hamilton (contract until 2023)
Harry Perritt (contract until 2023)
Tommy Leigh (contract until 2023)
Emerich Poilly (contract until 2024)
Rossaire Longelo (contract for 2022-2023 season)
Tom Scully (contract for 2022-2023 season)
Liam Coyle (contract extension triggered)
Dylan Moonan (contract extension triggered)
Dan Martin (contract extension triggered)
Rhys Fenlon (contract extension triggered)
Oliver Patrick (contract extension triggered)

Forwards?
Joe Hardy (contract until 2023)
Korede Adedoyin (contract for 2022-2023 season)
Colby Bishop (contract extension triggered)
Sean McConville (contract extension triggered)
Josh Woods (contract extension triggered)
Jack Nolan (contract extension triggered)

Total = 31 Players
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 13:26   #88
Senior Member+

Anyone got thoughts regarding the release by their clubs of Callum Johnson and Michael Ihieckwe? Could they be possible targets for us to sign up?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 14:16   #89
God Member

I,d have Ihiekwe back in an heartbeat Johnson too but the right hand side isn't that much of a priority with Mitch Clark probably a better option. Mo Sangare could well be a target has he is described as an attacking option.
accytom18 likes this.
Old 27-05-2022, 18:13   #90
Senior Member+

For what it's worth, a list of players released by League 1 clubs:
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...2021-22-season

It includes Shaun Whalley from Shrewsbury. And Adebayo Akinfenwa has hung his boots up!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..