Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2022, 11:34   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley v Charlton 30-7-2022

I think the score will be Stanley 2-1 Charlton.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2022, 13:17   #2
Full Member+

Re: Stanley v Charlton 30-7-2022

Accrington Stanley 2-1 Charlton Athletic
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2022, 13:53   #3
God Member

G'day good people..I take it this is the match thread as opposed to a Score prediction comp ?... (me thinks a 2-2 draw).
Kiwi John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2022, 14:37   #4
God Member

U%^*&*$^%&$#^%&^&*^%*%$^$%^%@&%.
Old 30-07-2022, 15:10   #5
God Member

9 shots so far-NONE on target..grim reading...
Old 30-07-2022, 15:29   #6
God Member

super sean !!!! 1-1
Old 30-07-2022, 15:54   #7
God Member

*(&&$%#@^%^(*&(&*%&%#!%&^%*&%$%$#@!!
Old 30-07-2022, 15:56   #8
God Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSASS...love this game 2-2
Old 30-07-2022, 16:38   #9
Full Member+

Very shaky performance first half and we rode our luck but, great battling performance second half and deserved at least the draw so all in all a good result.
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2022, 16:59   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Very shaky performance first half and we rode our luck but, great battling performance second half and deserved at least the draw so all in all a good result.
there was 6 of us me and another thought we were poor first half, the passing was poor, the rest said we played well ? to each is own.
Watchdog likes this.
Old 30-07-2022, 17:39   #11
God Member

Very disjointed performance from Stanley against a very physical Charlton side and a ref who must have been more used to officiating rugby. Thought Charlton seemed better organised, too, for most of the match and certainly knew how to find players in space.
Felt sorry for Lowe as he couldn’t have battled harder if he’d been in the ring against Fury, although the end result would have been the same to him. Ref gave him no protection and he could easily have been seriously injured.
But Stanley’s fighting spirit saw them get a point when it looked all over and they deserve credit for that.
The roller coaster is off and running again.
cashman and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2022, 20:27   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
G'day good people..I take it this is the match thread as opposed to a Score prediction comp ?... (me thinks a 2-2 draw).
Good call

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2022, 21:55   #13
Senior Member+

Agree with Exile about the referee today. He was shocking! The amount of ‘Wrestling’ that he allowed some of Charlton’s players to get away with defied belief! He made the game very disjointed and basically spoiled it as a spectacle. IMHO there was no need for Charlton to play like that because in parts they looked a really good passing team. Their left winger player number 23 fairly gave Mitch Clark a hard time in the first half.
I was glad that the lad got less ball in the second half which allowed Clark to get forward much more and play in some excellent crosses from the right. Like others have said, I also thought that we did much better in the second half and that we did just enough to deserve victory. Charlton’s second goal was the first time that Jensen didn’t come off his line to try to catch or punch. But WOW! When we equalized it actually felt like a victory. Thought that Harvey Rodgers did really well as he was being wrestled by Stockley in the first half but Harvey played him out of the game in the second half.
I hope that the refereeing improves as I thought that some of the worst had retired in the summer.
Going to be a hard season in my view but we showed a great battling mentality to earn a well earned point.
ferret man likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2022, 09:09   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i doubt very much if the refs will improve? theres new rules about fouling and such they aint got the hang of the old rules yet most of them.
Old 31-07-2022, 10:38   #15
God Member

Got to say that it beggars belief that in a game of 25 fouls given - 12/13 - one side gets 3 yellows and the other gets NONE!!!!

Beggars belief that is, unless the team with 3 yellows plays in red.................................

I know we sound like we wear red tinted glasses, but I really cannot understand how poor the officials are!!!!!

cashman and keep the faith like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..