Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2022, 20:28   #16
God Member

Re: vs Morecambe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
The referee played a blinder and changed the outcome of the game.

OK I hate to get beaten BUT even you guys would have been up in arms if that had happened to you...NOT once BUT twice....

Even the radio guys felt that both decisions were hard and questionable.
Sorry but the Red card was fully deserved, go in with your elbow & there should only be one outcome.
That said, it was possibly the worst Stanley v Morecambe Derby I have witnessed, at least in the first half. It certainly got more spicy in the second - we even gifted the Shrimps a goal but in the end a fully deserved win for our boys.

By the way CC, thank whoever the morons were who decided to trash our toilet facilities on their way out, not as badly as Fleetwood did but no need
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2022, 07:19   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sorry but the Red card was fully deserved, go in with your elbow & there should only be one outcome.
That said, it was possibly the worst Stanley v Morecambe Derby I have witnessed, at least in the first half. It certainly got more spicy in the second - we even gifted the Shrimps a goal but in the end a fully deserved win for our boys.

By the way CC, thank whoever the morons were who decided to trash our toilet facilities on their way out, not as badly as Fleetwood did but no need
I had a perfect view of the elbow nowhere near winning the ball and unfortunately in this day and age a raised elbow connecting with the face is a straight red watched it again on video last night and it was a correct call. Has for Ripley,s post match interview surely he should be carpeted for his complete shaming of the official,s called our players not a decent word to say about his old club, glad we didn't sign him back overweight slow diving down for Coyles goal and the free kick and his distribution terrible 3 straight to Jensen it would have been 4 but for Astley,s untimed chip over Jenson. We beat them fair and square without a striker on the pitch we hit the post and should have had a couple first half could easily have been 6-0 and yes you need rid of any moranic so called fans or they will drag you into the gutter.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:07   #18

We've ALL got a small section of so called fans who are basically idiots and on behalf of us older and i hope more reasonable minded fans then please accept my and our apology for any damage that may have been caused by some mindless idiots.

However both Fleetwood and Bolton 'fans' take some beating in the idiot and moranic class.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 14:26   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not un-biased, but Choirboy called it immediately...........

The red card was correct IMHO. The Morecambe player made no attempt to get the ball, and his eyes were focused on his Stanley opponent. He simply fore armed Coyle fully in the face. Dangerous play…….a 100% red card.
Stanley had lots of possession through the first half and I thought that our boys played some lovely passing play going forward from the back. However, we didn’t pose a threat in the final third.
Once we got the first goal I thought that the game was there for the taking. The red card changed the pattern of play as Morecambe banked two defensive lines across the pitch and were hoping for one lucky breakaway, which they got. Stockton’s presence played a part in us gifting them an own goal. Why Morecambe are not starting him is beyond me! With the extra man though it was only a matter of time before we regained the lead. The excellent Mitch Clark played my favourite move, getting to the goal line and pulled the ball back towards the penalty spot. Coyle finished the move well but Rodgers was also there ready to do the same. I call this move ‘The Golden Zone Move’.
In the end we ran out easy winners and we could/should have scored more goals.
On the way home I couldn’t believe the comments on Radio Lancashire which were clearly made by one of the ‘Morecambe Bay presenters’.
ON STANLEY ON.
andyd likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 15:03   #20
God Member

Choirboy,
It was Clark who received the forearm smash.
As for the so-called summariser on Radio Lancashire (Neil Mellor, was it?) I presumed he worked for Morecambe. You’d think there was only one team on the pitch. Perhaps in his eyes, there was.
No doubt if he viewed the ‘highlights’, he, along with Morecambe’s captain, should be apologising to the officials for their myopic views of, and tantrums over, the sending off.
keep the faith, pifco and andyd like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 17:05   #21

I thought Harvey Rogers had his best game of the season. so far yesterday!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:37   #22

Could be wrong but I think the summariser on Saturday was Paul Weller NOT one of our own or yours for that matter.

He reported it as he saw it and was an impartial observer.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 14:59   #23
God Member

Quote:
Could be wrong but I think the summariser on Saturday was Paul Weller NOT one of our own or yours for that matter.

And he got it wrong just a mention on the 3rd goal after watching it again your players just apart from Rawson stopped chasing back and just watched bad sign shows a lack of belief Adams is such a negative coach.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 15:21   #24
God Member

Quote:
You’re right about which Weller it was, CC.
I was at the match so didn’t hear his commentary. But my point about him, and I suspect that of Choirboy, referred to his post-match summary. He just seemed to keep saying he didn’t think Morecambe played badly and that they didn’t look like a relegation team.
Having only seen them once this season I can’t argue the first point, and hope he’s right about the second (still looking forward to the day when there are ten or more Lancashire teams in the same league).
But he barely mentioned Stanley in quite a protracted discussion on the match.
Maybe he’s after Adams’ job?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 18:02   #25
God Member

Quote:

He might well have been impartial but the view from where the press sit doesn't always provide the best view possible - he might've thought it was harsh but he got it wrong. The footage clearly shows the incident & there's no doubt it was a red card

Last edited by AccyMad; 03-10-2022 at 18:07.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..