Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2022, 17:55   #1

Weather and Pompey Game

Hi. Can anyone living in the Accrington Area give an update on the weather temperatures overnight and during the day. I'm wondering if the game is likely to go ahead due to freezing conditions and the pitch? I know the club has covered all the pitch surface and is doing all it can to get the game on but would be good to know by this time tomorrow if its going to go ahead. Pompey fans travelling on the day will also need to know, probably by early Friday evening?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2022, 19:17   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Weather and Pompey Game

the forecast is the frost will depart friday afternoon.
Old 07-12-2022, 19:28   #3
Full Member+

I too am concerned after see the latest weather forecast but I seem to recall that the covers that were purchased would protect the pitch against quite a severe frost, but I don't know what the ruling would be if the air temperature was still below freezing when the game was to start.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 13:39   #4
God Member

Should imagine any decisions on the match going or not ahead will be made Friday because of the distance involved for Pompey supporters.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 15:09   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Should imagine any decisions on the match going or not ahead will be made Friday because of the distance involved for Pompey supporters.
You’d hope that would be the case, particularly as the weather seems to be very ‘settled’, so if it is, or is not, playable on Friday it’s unlikely to be different on Saturday.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 16:36   #6

Great news as I can't make it on Saturday.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 17:12   #7
God Member

I live near the ground and present temperature -1° and forecast -3° tonight and Friday night Saturday 3° at around kick off time would if it stays like this probably go ahead with the covers being on.
Old 08-12-2022, 17:38   #8

The weather forecast that I have just seen says minus three degrees on Saturday afternoon.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 17:53   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
The weather forecast that I have just seen says minus three degrees on Saturday afternoon.
i take no notice of forecasts this morning it said the cold snap would be vanished friday afternoon, it dont say that now.
Old 08-12-2022, 18:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i take no notice of forecasts this morning it said the cold snap would be vanished friday afternoon, it dont say that now.
What will be will be.
Old 08-12-2022, 20:21   #11
Full Member+

Sunderland women's off at their reserve ex non-league team ground tonight, but tonight is the nadir for temps.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 08:18   #12
God Member

Off.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:45   #13
God Member

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:40   #14
God Member

Disappointing, but at least it doesn’t waste any fan’s time and money on the day.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 14:45   #15
God Member

Most northern league 1 and 2 games now getting called off probably a few more elsewhere tomorrow has this cold snap works it's way south.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..