Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2022, 20:28   #16
God Member

Re: V hbc

Sorry, Watchdog, my initial comment was meant to be partly tongue in cheek not, as it may read, foot in mouth!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2022, 19:21   #17
Full Member+

I serious doubt KG V playing fields were bought, the value was agreed, and would be subject to gaining planning permission and removal of the land charge or under-enforcement of the charge. The charge is held by Fields in Trust, not the Council, and therefore out of HBC's hands.

I'm positive that HBC would have wanted to sell the land, and probably thought the use complied with the charge at the outset.

The Council has duties to deal with noise nuisances and shouldn't apply different rules to rich people like Holt or the Issa brothers, but taking an informal case work approach to come to a solution is always preferred rather than going straight to enforcement, however we only hear one side.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2022, 20:40   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I serious doubt KG V playing fields were bought, the value was agreed, and would be subject to gaining planning permission and removal of the land charge or under-enforcement of the charge. The charge is held by Fields in Trust, not the Council, and therefore out of HBC's hands.

I'm positive that HBC would have wanted to sell the land, and probably thought the use complied with the charge at the outset.

The Council has duties to deal with noise nuisances and shouldn't apply different rules to rich people like Holt or the Issa brothers, but taking an informal case work approach to come to a solution is always preferred rather than going straight to enforcement, however we only hear one side.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''
I find it offensive that Chewbacca rerers to the Stanley owner as 'Holt'
keep the faith likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2022, 04:12   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Who are these people at
HBC... can the ones being
un-helpful be named.
The ones who should be named are the people who complained then maybe they.ll think twice about doing so in future when 3000 people know exactly who they are,
cashman likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2022, 10:50   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I agree with watchdog, they SHOULD be named,they are supporting 3 complainents is that not perspective ?
Bob Dobson likes this.
Old 29-12-2022, 09:04   #21
God Member

Didn’t see this at the time….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64039198

Does it suggest this ban came out of the blue?
Was noise insulation part of the building regs and planning approvals for Coleys?

P.S. can someone at the club send the BBC a new photo of the ground?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..