Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2023, 15:53   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 3 strikers on the bench......

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Great strike................

Shouldn't have been allowed to stroll through and get a shot off Joe !..abysmal defending again?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2023, 15:59   #17
Full Member+

Out played in every department they played like a team of players who had never played together before. It's hard to believe that they train together every week.
keep the faith likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 16:04   #18
God Member

There goes 2 hours of my sleep I won't get back.
pifco likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 16:09   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Hopefully the Football Genius will make them walk back from Exeter, it will give them time to reflect on that woeful performance.
And , as this is the result of his planning and coaching, maybe he should join them on the trek ??
cashman and keep the faith like this.
Old 25-03-2023, 16:12   #20
Senior Member+

Something MAJOR needs to change & quick....... or we are down, it's as simple as that.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 16:14   #21
God Member

Smile Re: 3 strikers on the bench......

First was a good goal - cannot fault Mitch, as he 'showed' him onto his weak right foot......

We made attacking changes and had a good few minutes - yes that is what I said - then a cross field ball, well taken and it is two.......

Third is what you concede when you are where we are.........

NOT IN ANYWAY defending anybody, but these are the facts, nothing goes for you when you are where we are

On a positive note:-
  • 11 players left on the pitch
  • Several changes made BEFORE 85 minutes
  • Did not see anybody get injured
  • We still have a football team to support

chevyfire and ferret man like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 16:16   #22
Full Member+

Less than 5 days ago the manager and the captain within their interviews asked us fans to be more patient and get behind the team, we then get paid back watching that shambolic performance.
pifco likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 16:27   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
First was a good goal - cannot fault Mitch, as he 'showed' him onto his weak right foot......

We made attacking changes and had a good few minutes - yes that is what I said - then a cross field ball, well taken and it is two.......

Third is what you concede when you are where we are.........

NOT IN ANYWAY defending anybody, but these are the facts, nothing goes for you when you are where we are

On a positive note:-
  • 11 players left on the pitch
  • Several changes made BEFORE 85 minutes
  • Did not see anybody get injured
  • We still have a football team to support

The fourth and fifth goals were absolute gifts .. no pressure from defenders.. our Captain merely stood there shaking his head..whilst the rest were hanging theirs in despair !.
This really saddened me ! I'll tell you .
Old 25-03-2023, 16:30   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And , as this is the result of his planning and coaching, maybe he should join them on the trek ??
I’m sure he’ll have the excuses sorted already.
Old 25-03-2023, 16:32   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Less than 5 days ago the manager and the captain within their interviews asked us fans to be more patient and get behind the team, we then get paid back watching that shambolic performance.
We are behind them W !.. but it gets a more difficult proposition as the weeks go by !.
I predict that our patience will be more tested still before this season ends !..
But KTF !.
Old 25-03-2023, 16:34   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
That is an awful indictment FA !
Old 25-03-2023, 17:28   #27

Quote:
Excuses! Seriously???
After 38 games we are exactly where we deserve to be.
Economic reality proves you can't hope to compete in L1 with a non-league budget & a rag bag squad made up of rejects, freebies & loanees.
What's remarkable is that we've lasted this long in L1 relying on a make do & mend business plan.
yonmon and Watchdog like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2023, 18:05   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Good point, Watchdog.
Just five days ago it was “we’ll fight them on the beaches”. Today, according to comments from Coley himself, Brett Ormerod on Radio Lancs, and folk on here, it was a second half capitulation.
There’s a pattern here. Good effort against Pompey, abysmal against MK Dons, good against Plymouth, back to a shambles at Exeter.
The only consistency is that every game was lost.
There may be 8 games left but, at the moment, it’s hard to think of a team in League 1 that Stanley could beat.
Please prove me wrong, lads.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2023, 08:08   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good point, Watchdog.
Just five days ago it was “we’ll fight them on the beaches”. Today, according to comments from Coley himself, Brett Ormerod on Radio Lancs, and folk on here, it was a second half capitulation.
There’s a pattern here. Good effort against Pompey, abysmal against MK Dons, good against Plymouth, back to a shambles at Exeter.
The only consistency is that every game was lost.
There may be 8 games left but, at the moment, it’s hard to think of a team in League 1 that Stanley could beat.
Please prove me wrong, lads.
Coleman in his interview was pretty spot on but why praise Mcconville when the whole team was shambolic I use the word team reluctantly.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2023, 09:47   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Coleman in his interview was pretty spot on but why praise Mcconville when the whole team was shambolic I use the word team reluctantly.
Andy ! ..As a player, our clapped-out No 11 contributed little if anything at all to the cause at Exeter yesterday. ..As a Captain he had no idea of how to lead the team out of the deteriorating situation in the second half, short of complaining to the Referee on a regular basis and by shaking his head at the mistakes which were being made by the rest of the players, who were badly in need of some motivational support at the time and not being blamed for what was going on around them !.
Having said that, I am confident in saying that his name will already be on the team sheet for the next game.. and if Conneely is absent that .the word 'Captain' will be added to it !.

Last edited by yonmon; 26-03-2023 at 09:53.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..