Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2023, 12:40   #1
God Member

Exclamation Just NOT what we need........

Stating the obvious I know, but all of this between Andy and Coley and Co.

Unless they can get back on track - which I doubt very, very much - there will be one loser only and we are that one.............

AccyMad and pifco like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2023, 12:55   #2
God Member

Re: Just NOT what we need........

From the B.B.C.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67187586

Old 22-10-2023, 12:57   #3
God Member

Airing their dirty laundry on social media is not the way to sort this, if indeed it can be sorted. Seriously worrying times for our club
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 14:37   #4

Sounds like a classic case of biting the hand that feeds you.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 17:31   #5
God Member

Given the propensity of most owners to sack managers after a few losses, it might have behoved Jimmy Bell and John Coleman to be a bit more contrite after last season’s debacle.
Many owners would have sacked them both, I suspect.
If what’s been written by Andy Holt is true then Bell and Coleman have clearly forgotten the old adage that no-one is bigger than the club, and have been either arrogant or stupid, or both, as regards their “right” to remain in their current job.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 17:55   #6
Full Member+

Think Dan Jewell and Andy Bayes will have put some spin on the original discussion
with Bell and made things sound worse.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 18:19   #7
Senior Member+

obviously a worrying situation but I don't think commenting on the accyweb is going to help our club
MikeA likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 18:23   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Think Dan Jewell and Andy Bayes will have put some spin on the original discussion
with Bell and made things sound worse.
WHY do you think that?
Old 22-10-2023, 18:51   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
WHY do you think that?
In support of the management team. Unfortunately they probably didn't expect the response currently received.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 19:07   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
In support of the management team. Unfortunately they probably didn't expect the response currently received.
I bet they didn't my friend.
One the one hand we have a man who invested his hard earned cash in saving our club from bankruptcy, developed the ground from an embarrassing hovel into a decent stadium.
On the other we have two entitled men who appear to be demanding a reward for failure.
In the long run, I know who I'd prefer to remain in charge.
smudgie, cashman, Greger and 8 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 19:31   #11
Senior Member+

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this situation, playing it all out on social media is just plain wrong!

I'm flabbergasted that a successful, intelligent businessman has chosen this road to go down.
Old 22-10-2023, 20:18   #12
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Just NOT what we need........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Whatever the rights and wrongs of this situation, playing it all out on social media is just plain wrong!

I'm flabbergasted that a successful, intelligent businessman has chosen this road to go down.

Wise words...........

Old 22-10-2023, 20:52   #13

Quote:

He didn't. Bell and Coleman went public and spoke to the Media about contract negotiations behind Andy's back, instead of acting like men and knocking on Andy Holts door to discuss the future. I'd expect it from a foolish young player or a player who has an inflated opinion of himself, and we've had that recently at our club. But not two experienced managers who've been here many years. It's not clear how much John new before Bell spoke to BBC Sport, but as they are so close it's difficult to imagine he didn't know. Only he can distance himself from Bell's comments.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 21:00   #14
God Member

Quote:
That businessman chose a road that has saved the club and get it to where it is now. It seems it was Jimmy Bell who put things into the public realm by agreeing to, or requesting, a ‘chat’ with the BBC.
I was glad to hear Andy Holt’s side of the story, and thought he spoke very fairly and clearly.
It would appear that Bell was trying to pressurise his boss into giving him and the coaching team new contracts when AH had simply said that, rather than rewarding them for failure last season, he wanted to see how things went this season under their existing contracts.
After last season’s results the only person to suffer any consequences seemed to be Ged Brennan who, ironically, managed squads that won the Central League and got to finals.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 21:50   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
That businessman chose a road that has saved the club and get it to where it is now. It seems it was Jimmy Bell who put things into the public realm by agreeing to, or requesting, a ‘chat’ with the BBC.
I was glad to hear Andy Holt’s side of the story, and thought he spoke very fairly and clearly.
It would appear that Bell was trying to pressurise his boss into giving him and the coaching team new contracts when AH had simply said that, rather than rewarding them for failure last season, he wanted to see how things went this season under their existing contracts.
After last season’s results the only person to suffer any consequences seemed to be Ged Brennan who, ironically, managed squads that won the Central League and got to finals.
With who Ged played for he was always going to get it off a united fan. Not that you or Holt are united fans, no way....
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..