Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2023, 09:03   #16
God Member

Re: Just NOT what we need........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
With who Ged played for he was always going to get it off a united fan. Not that you or Holt are united fans, no way....
What are you wittering on about?
Don’t know (like you) anything about Andy Holt but I haven’t been a United fan since Denis Law left them.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2023, 09:45   #17
Senior Member+

It's the way of the modern world.

Simple question really.

Having failed and secured relegation last season on what basis did either deserve a pay rise / new contract ?

If I'm reading this correctly our Management have suggested to the Owner pre season there was a chance we could go down again and out of the league.

Quite reasonably in my humble opinion Owner has said ok prove yourselves and if we're comfortable by the turn of the year let's talk.

I sense that someone's been whispering in their ear and there might be interest elsewhere. That would amaze me personally but what other motivation is there for stirring the hornets nest and going public like this ?

Success should be rewarded but not failure.

If the sale of the Club is an extended period of "due diligence" and there's not much interest this dos not bode well.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 10:45   #18

I agree 28, and I really liked what AH said too. We had 45 players over the season, and went down, and the blame has to lie with the management on that. Nothing else. So AH is right in saying. We can't go down again as Accrington won't survive. What's good if the mangers have nothing to fight towards because they think the contract is always going to be on the table. So by removing that. AH is saying. We accept last season. Now let's fight for the season, and show why you deserve another contract.

Am not taking anything away from JC and JB. What they have done at accrington is nothing short of a miracle.

Not one person whether you like AH or not. Can deny what he's done for the club on and off the pitch. Just look what's being built and has been. If this is his time. Then that's his choice. I hope it's not. But I can see why it made him angry. Any manager who got a team relegated would have been sacked. Look how many have been sacked this season. But we kept with JC and JB. Rightly so.

All we can do. Is get on the terrace. Flags out, making noise, supporting the team, management, owners.
Old 23-10-2023, 10:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's the way of the modern world.

Simple question really.

Having failed and secured relegation last season on what basis did either deserve a pay rise / new contract ?

If I'm reading this correctly our Management have suggested to the Owner pre season there was a chance we could go down again and out of the league.

Quite reasonably in my humble opinion Owner has said ok prove yourselves and if we're comfortable by the turn of the year let's talk.

I sense that someone's been whispering in their ear and there might be interest elsewhere. That would amaze me personally but what other motivation is there for stirring the hornets nest and going public like this ?

Success should be rewarded but not failure.

If the sale of the Club is an extended period of "due diligence" and there's not much interest this dos not bode well.
Hi 28, glad to see your post. You lways provide something new to a discusion. The only positive in this bad situation is that Andy Holt was an Accrington fan long before he became our owner. I don't believe he'd ditch the club before a new acceptable owner comes along. I hope he steps back from some of the day to day "match day stuff" that he gets involved with if that helps the pressure on him and his time. As for the football management, the contract situation will solve itself in June next year. Future management of the football team could come from either: An adaptation of the current set-up ( minus Bell and or Coleman), a current senior player or players or a new face from outside of the club. Andy's in the driving seat.......I'm glad to say.....and I'll support him no matter what he decides to do.
cashman, ferret man and Watchdog like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 11:30   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
I agree 28, and I really liked what AH said too. We had 45 players over the season, and went down, and the blame has to lie with the management on that. Nothing else. So AH is right in saying. We can't go down again as Accrington won't survive. What's good if the mangers have nothing to fight towards because they think the contract is always going to be on the table. So by removing that. AH is saying. We accept last season. Now let's fight for the season, and show why you deserve another contract.

Am not taking anything away from JC and JB. What they have done at accrington is nothing short of a miracle.

Not one person whether you like AH or not. Can deny what he's done for the club on and off the pitch. Just look what's being built and has been. If this is his time. Then that's his choice. I hope it's not. But I can see why it made him angry. Any manager who got a team relegated would have been sacked. Look how many have been sacked this season. But we kept with JC and JB. Rightly so.

All we can do. Is get on the terrace. Flags out, making noise, supporting the team, management, owners.
The players were over two squads and yes some - maybe more than some - were not good enough.

Regardless of that - and not through Stanley/Coley and Co. glasses - injuries last season were off the scale, as were some of the decisions by the officials.

Coley and Co. also made bad decisions.

As the thread title says, we just do not need this, as as far as I can see, it will not end well for Stanley.............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 11:31   #21
God Member

Also, the stance taken by Andy (contract wise) is a good one, but none of us should have known about it......

Old 23-10-2023, 11:51   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post

Let me make my position clear. I agree 100% that the achievements of JC JB are nothing more than miraculous up until last season ......... but this is football. No space for sentiment loyalty etc - if you want that buy a dog. However loyalty is a two way street not a pale blue background with a white arrow on it.
Old 23-10-2023, 12:57   #23

As the thread title says, we just do not need this, as as far as I can see, it will not end well for Stanley.............

[/QUOTE]

As Andy Holt has made his posiion clear about selling the club, I can only assume you mean Coley and Bell will be tempted away to a new club by the offer of a new (better) contract .........maybe taking the better players with them?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 13:40   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Also, the stance taken by Andy (contract wise) is a good one, but none of us should have known about it......

well who told them? it sure was NOT andy holt.it was our so called management.
Old 23-10-2023, 13:44   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post

As Andy Holt has made his position clear about selling the club, I can only assume you mean Coley and Bell will be tempted away to a new club by the offer of a new (better) contract .........maybe taking the better players with them?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just can't get my head around why JB JC have gone to the BBC. Something's triggered this. As for the players that's way down the Agenda of importance.
1/ Ownership of the Club and financial stability
2/ Management and Backroom Staff

Emotions are clearly running high. Maybe everyone will kiss and make up I don't know.
Old 23-10-2023, 14:26   #26
God Member

I wouldn’t want to kiss any of ‘em!

But if it hasn’t already occurred, I’d suggest one way to calm things down is for Jimmy Bell to order a portion of humble pie and clarify, to AH directly, that his ‘staged’ interview with the BBC was not intended to imply criticism of the latter.

What particularly jarred with me was when JB said how gutted he and JC were to ‘have to leave’ Stanley in early 2012. Presume he means leave them in the lurch as it was mid season and both of them jumped ship to Rochdale because it suited them and their careers at the time.

Just out of interest, here’s a list of managers were then available to replace Coleman and Bell in 2012. Does JB think it would be any different today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Next Permanent Accrington Stanley Manager

Paul Cook 2/1
Liam Watson 5/1
Leam Richardson 5/1
Mark Patterson 5/1
David Unsworth 6/1
David Flitcroft 7/1
Paul Buckle 7/1
Ronnie Moore 8/1
Garry Flitcroft 8/1
Sammy Mcilroy 8/1
Brian Laws 10/1
Mark Robins 10/1
Richard Money 12/1
Paul Simpson 12/1
Dave Penney 12/1
Steve Tilson 12/1
Geriant Williams 12/1
Didier Hamann 16/1
Andy Ritchie 16/1
Martin Foyle 16/1
Simon Davey 20/1
Others on request. Must be a permanent appointment.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 14:37   #27
God Member

No C.G. I mean, there is nothing good to come out of this for anybody and that includes us.....

Old 23-10-2023, 14:38   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well who told them? it sure was NOT andy holt.it was our so called management.
Andy told them Cashy and that is the correct thing to have happened

And by that I mean Andy told Coley and Co. they had to prove their worth - that is what I have taken from the Twitter posts by Andy?!?!?!

Old 23-10-2023, 14:51   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
No C.G. I mean, there is nothing good to come out of this for anybody and that includes us.....

In reply to #23 C.G.

Old 23-10-2023, 15:06   #30
God Member

Why is there so much talk about getting relegated out of the League????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..