Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2023, 10:43   #46

Re: Just NOT what we need........

When AH referred to 'losing the fans' perhaps he meant losing the full houses we regularly got in L1 from the bigger visiting clubs.
Can't imagine he meant our own fans. Stanley's home support has remained consistently poor, even after gaining promotion to L1.
Relegation always results in a massive financial loss for any club - and the smaller the club, the more damaging the effect.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2023, 14:26   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The last few games we have been playing clubs that have poor gates at home so they aint gonna bring a thousand or two.its division 2.
Old 26-10-2023, 14:29   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Posted on 29/01/2023, from the 'injuries' thread

so those left were not good enough for div 1
Old 26-10-2023, 22:57   #49
Senior Member+

I understood AH talking about “losing the fans” in the same sense as a manager “losing the dressing room”, i.e. personally losing support. So nothing to do with attendance.
Old 27-10-2023, 06:44   #50
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Just NOT what we need........

Straight from the horse's mouth...

The 'Price of Football' podcast interview with Andy Holt.

This latest episode was released during the night.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2023, 07:43   #51

AH latest post on twitter is interesting;

"As we enter talks with potential owners, the front and centre issue will be asfc academy and asfc community long term health

which is why i took the club on in the first place.

the leaders of both will be involved in any discussions or decisions

the parents that have contacted me can rest assured nothing will be done that damages the status quo

at no price"

Its interesting, who would want to take over accrington. You don't take over in the mind that youll make money, nor are we going rise up the leagues, win every year. You take over accrington for the same reason AH did because you can see what a community club it is, and how many people would be effected if accrington went under. The academy and community part of the club is bigger than its ever been and growing. Coleys bar. Its hard to picture new owners. I wouldnt want to just cycle through managers every 6 months when results dont go right.

I hope the new owners Purchase Accrington for the correct reasons.

That in 4/5 years time we are not lighting candles outside the club house, and sponserd walks to away grounds.
Old 27-10-2023, 10:08   #52
Full Member+

Thanks for the heads up about the AH interview. I have just listened to it and found it very interesting I now understand AH so much better and know that he intends to look after the interests of the club until a new owner is found and he says that it must be the right new owner i.e. someone who is interested in the entire club.
pifco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2023, 08:02   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
Straight from the horse's mouth...

The 'Price of Football' podcast interview with Andy Holt.

This latest episode was released during the night.
Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000632776599
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..