Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2024, 23:00   #46
God Member

Re: Coleman and Bell sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Half hearted attempt at damage limitation - in other words, too little too late
Not even half-hearted.................

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2024, 07:37   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not even half-hearted.................

Cheer Up Val! You've a team to cheer-on on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!........of course it will take some getting used to........."sacking managers" is normally something that happens at other football clubs.........Not at Accrington Stanley.......
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 08:16   #48

Check out Andy Holt's statement about John and Jimmy's sacking on the club's website.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:24   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Check out Andy Holt's statement about John and Jimmy's sacking on the club's website.
I can't see it under 'News'. Do you have a link?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:02   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I can't see it under 'News'. Do you have a link?
Found it!

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-and-unedited/
Crown Grounder likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:34   #51
Senior Member+

thanks Andy for that statement, reading the info in this statement I don't see you had any other choice than the action you have taken, the tremendous success that John & jimmy had with such a low budget to work from will not be forgot, nor should we forget the tremendous work on the stadium and facilities that our club now enjoys thanks to Andy
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:35   #52
God Member

Sacked by text message - disgraceful! Wouldn't sack the milkman in that way
chevyfire likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:52   #53
God Member

What REALLY worries me is the bit about Andys funding will cease at the end of this season. ..wheres that other Stanley legend Ilyas Khan?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 11:29   #54
Full Member+

Sacked by WhatsApp message 9am on a Sunday morning.

The other Statement said it was a Board decision, but not mention of that in Holt's statement.

Some new grounds to visit in 2025/26 I reckon.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 11:56   #55

Some new grounds to visit in 2025/26 I reckon.[/QUOTE]

Maybe new grounds to visit in 25/26, but I'm very happy if that's the case.......it means were still playing football at Accrington Stanley and Andy hasn't had enough and called in the "men in grey suits" to wind things up!
Old 07-03-2024, 12:04   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sacked by text message - disgraceful! Wouldn't sack the milkman in that way
Sounds like they had enough warning Accymad. Andy didn't wait until the end of the season when they'd have had no money and little notice and time to find a new job. I don't think John Coleman will have any trouble at all in getting a new club, he's well thought of in the football league. Good luck to them both! But more importantly good luck to John Doolan for the rest of the season.....
Old 07-03-2024, 12:16   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Sounds like they had enough warning Accymad. Andy didn't wait until the end of the season when they'd have had no money and little notice and time to find a new job. I don't think John Coleman will have any trouble at all in getting a new club, he's well thought of in the football league. Good luck to them both! But more importantly good luck to John Doolan for the rest of the season.....
It's just one side of the story & not a,very professionally put one at that, in my opinion it was a personal decision not purely a business one.
Obviously my support for the team & John Doolan won't waver but the events of last weekend still leave a nasty taste
Div3North and chevyfire like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:48   #58

Yes you're right, and I thought that after reading it. It is one side. Having said that I'm not really sure I'd like to hear John's view and I certainly don't want to hear anything from Bell. John may do better to keep his own council and give "his side" of the story at the end of the season. In my opinion that would be the best outcome for the clubs unity and the support of the team.
Greger likes this.
Old 07-03-2024, 13:19   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
What REALLY worries me is the bit about Andys funding will cease at the end of this season. ..wheres that other Stanley legend Ilyas Khan?
He also said “ I have to take the club down another long term stable path”. It seems he can’t sell the club (no takers) and I read the £600k and £1million as a reference to “ that can’t happen again”, not “that’s it, I’m off”

Don’t think he’s looking at administration, from reading the whole piece …. provided we sort out where the club’s going from here. I believe there will be a big cull come the summer, and maybe we’ll play a young, keen, fit and talented team with fresh eyes from the dugout

COYR

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 13:40   #60

Frankly, how anyone can criticise Andy Holt for being unprofessional & making personal decisions is laughable!
HE OWNS THE CLUB!
Reading his statement it is fair, honest & above all logical.
If anyone has been unprofessional, it is our former management team, who tried to back AH into a corner to suit their own ends, despite failing at their jobs.
It seems some on here would rather the club ended up back in non-league than sack employees who are not up to the task at this level.
Or perhaps hound out the only man who is keeping the club afloat at his own personal expense.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..