Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2005, 00:37   #106
Member.

Re: Racism at the IES

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
night all.
Now that I agree with, Night.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2005, 00:38   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
night all.
nite nite....................

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 08:03   #108
Resident Waffler

Wow you lot had fun last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRed
I cannot speak for Doug or the others, but I personally feel that I don't have any place to speak about what happens on the pitch because I have no way of seeing for myself what has transpired. The performance of the team, the condition of the ground or decisions taken by the officials are beyond my purview, so to speak. However, something like racism doesn't require direct experience to be decried.
I just had to say that I agree here with MichiganRed. I read a lot of the football threads to find out what went on etc but because I wasn't there myself I don't feel I have any right to say anything about the match or whatever. I have posted the odd thing once or twice and I've had a go at spotting the ball now and again.

But as you say here M-R it doesn't need us to have actually been there to have an opinion on a subject like racism so we are more likely to feel if we have a point of view then it can be aired here.

All that has been said on the subject is critical and condemns the racism apart from the bit that criticises the person who brought it to our attention. I think it is very sad that person felt criticised to such an extent that he had no alternative but to leave the board. In my opinion that paints a more negative picture than posting to criticise a racist comment or two at a football match.

There is a kind of "If you aren't at every match you're not really a fan so what are you doing in here" attitude which comes over and is rather a shame because it puts people off who may be tempted to go along and watch a match and then maybe another and another if they enjoyed it and hey - that's how you get more fans. Not by criticising the casual interest and implying that they are not worthy.

I have friends who very much enjoy watching Stanley but don't go to all the matches because it isn't convenient to do so. They aren't on this message board and they aren't members of any particular group but they wear their scarves and woolly hats and proudly call thmselves Stanley fans and wouldn't be happy bunnies to think that there is a class system where they would be regarded as lesser beings for not being more involved.

It's a game. Watching it is meant to be something people do for fun.

I hope Oldgobbin comes back because it looks like a lot of people on here agree with what he said, but hey life would be boring if everybody agreed with each other on every subject anyway. It's a shame that people get so upset over things on the boards but disagreeing on one topic doesn't have to mean we disagree on everything.

At one time you used to make some very interesting contributions on the other forums Kipax until you took offence when people didn't agree with your point of view on one subject. It didn't mean we don't like you. It just means we didn't agree about one thing. Maybe you of all people should be able to understand how Oldgobbin felt given those circumstances.

Old 24-02-2005, 08:19   #109

for the info of michigan red and the others that can't see the action on the pitch try a visit to www.conferencefootball.tv
it's like match of the day but better and it's free.
i never heard any racist comments by the way and no one's ever said which area of the ground they were being made from.
Old 24-02-2005, 08:21   #110
Resident Waffler

Thanks stanerlee

Old 24-02-2005, 08:21   #111
I am Banned

Racism is just totally unacceptable and anybody usiong raciest language should be banned for at least the rest of the season!
Old 24-02-2005, 08:33   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Wow you lot had fun last night!

I just had to say that I agree here with MichiganRed. I read a lot of the football threads to find out what went on etc but because I wasn't there myself I don't feel I have any right to say anything about the match or whatever. I have posted the odd thing once or twice and I've had a go at spotting the ball now and again.

But as you say here M-R it doesn't need us to have actually been there to have an opinion on a subject like racism so we are more likely to feel if we have a point of view then it can be aired here.

All that has been said on the subject is critical and condemns the racism apart from the bit that criticises the person who brought it to our attention. I think it is very sad that person felt criticised to such an extent that he had no alternative but to leave the board. In my opinion that paints a more negative picture than posting to criticise a racist comment or two at a football match.

There is a kind of "If you aren't at every match you're not really a fan so what are you doing in here" attitude which comes over and is rather a shame because it puts people off who may be tempted to go along and watch a match and then maybe another and another if they enjoyed it and hey - that's how you get more fans. Not by criticising the casual interest and implying that they are not worthy.

I have friends who very much enjoy watching Stanley but don't go to all the matches because it isn't convenient to do so. They aren't on this message board and they aren't members of any particular group but they wear their scarves and woolly hats and proudly call thmselves Stanley fans and wouldn't be happy bunnies to think that there is a class system where they would be regarded as lesser beings for not being more involved.

It's a game. Watching it is meant to be something people do for fun.

I hope Oldgobbin comes back because it looks like a lot of people on here agree with what he said, but hey life would be boring if everybody agreed with each other on every subject anyway. It's a shame that people get so upset over things on the boards but disagreeing on one topic doesn't have to mean we disagree on everything.

At one time you used to make some very interesting contributions on the other forums Kipax until you took offence when people didn't agree with your point of view on one subject. It didn't mean we don't like you. It just means we didn't agree about one thing. Maybe you of all people should be able to understand how Oldgobbin felt given those circumstances.
Well said willow!!!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 08:39   #113

kipax has taken some grief off people on this thread.
i know that you may not agree with him on this one but he does a lot of good for ASFC. instead of greifing him about it , look on his website, links at the top of the page.
Old 24-02-2005, 08:52   #114
God Member

Willow.. the ONLY thing I have said to oldgobbin is that I dont think he took the ight action.. Have a proper read of the thread before you get on your high horse and start with the holier than though crap... read the thread and tell me where I have said anything bad to him or about him.....

Theres a whole load of poeple in here and you decide to blame it all on me?

Theres a surprise eh .....
Old 24-02-2005, 09:04   #115
God Member

wilow wrote
Quote:
At one time you used to make some very interesting contributions on the other forums Kipax until you took offence when people didn't agree with your point of view on one subject.
well i am disgusted that you brought that up so i feel its only fair that people should be made aware what really happened rather than a one sided comment by you to make me look bad

that would be the thread where you and your cronies argue that its OK to hit your kids and i argued that for me...that wasnt the right road.. I then get insulting posts saying my kids will grow up to be the problems of the world because they arnt being diciplined .. then someone says my wife is probably hitting them behind my back and too scared to tell me....

then i left

so thanks very much for deciding to drag that all back up willow.... very clever of you
Old 24-02-2005, 09:50   #116
Resting In Peace

Why is it that threads like these always end up with people falling out ? We are all fighting for the same cause. People should agree to disagree and not slag each other off because they do not agree with their comments. If everybody had the same opinions we would have nothing to discuss, so let's just keep it to friendly banter and not fall out with each other. Voice your opinions but listen to the other side of the argument without resorting to calling each other.
Old 24-02-2005, 09:51   #117
God Member

Well this has all got way off track from the original post, but just got to say that I agree with Kipax that if these comments were heard on Tuesday night, then whoever heard them should have told a steward or or official at the club on the night,so that the person involved could have been identified, nothing can be done by the club when nothing is said until the night after, and then not even to them but on a message board.
Old 24-02-2005, 10:05   #118
Senior Member+

A rubbish thread that started rubbish (sorry old G) & got worse.....

EVERYTHING said on here is repeated around conference grounds & message boards all over the UK. A Southport fan repeated the "Racist ticket seller" thread to me on Confguide....

If somebody says something rascist on the terrace ( & we have heard "Town full of P@@@is!" all over the country) Then you should say something at the moment, no-one will defend it

Putting it on here really does ruin ALL the work done by the Stanley Ultras to remove any right wing reference......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 24-02-2005, 10:46   #119
rob

report racism

any racist or offensive comments should be reported immediately to a steward who will deal with the matter.

rob
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..