Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 16:58   #61

Re: Chuch Kirk Early 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
ok doug here you are
I to went to church kirk school, favourite memory, the bakery on ork st opp school having a penny loaf before school and taking the warm dough out of the middle then eating the crust, happy days
lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2014, 17:16   #62

Anyone got any photos of Maden Street, Church before most of it was pulled down. My grandparents and mother and four sisters lived there- the Stokes family.
StokesWilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 14:05   #63
Junior Member+

I moved into the Thorn Inn on St James Road in January 1967 and lived there until 1979. My Mum and Dad were Joyce and Joe Smith who ran the pub. I remember many of the names mentioned on this thread and have great memories of living there. Its good to see that the Thorn is still a pub to this day!
holtsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:22   #64

I used to work at Naylers from 1959 until about 1968. My grandmother lived in Kirk Road opposite the factory. Can’t remember what the factory was.
There was a bus stop at the top of akirk a road to Accy
Pmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 07:38   #65
Senior Member+

The factory in Kirk Road was Mastabar Mining Equipment, plus there was also a company called NGN Ltd, in the same building. They made high vacuum equipment, whilst Mastabar made pit props for the mining industry. The site has now been demolished and a new housing estate is now on the site. Both firms owned by J H Fenner of Hull.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 09:39   #66

Hi, My Grandad Joe Demaine was your Grandma's cousin. I have some bits and pieces on ancestry on her and family tree. Jane Phipps 😊
KnuzdenLass is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..