Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2004, 21:43   #31

Re: Chuch Kirk Early 1960s

I didn't realise you were from Church Lettie!. Me and mac are Church lads too but a bit later than you lot, about 79 to 88.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2004, 21:51   #32
Member.

Thanks Grego.

Hi letti, I hope you enjoyed you Holiday...Drop me a private one if you like and let me know your dads name, I'll see if it rings any bells. I have a clearer picture of my dad if yours needs a memory jog.

Last edited by Doug; 19-06-2004 at 23:02.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 22:08   #33
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
I didn't realise you were from Church Lettie!. Me and mac are Church lads too but a bit later than you lot, about 79 to 88.
Wingy, were you that drunk at our last meet up that you forgot the "Stockleys" conversation...

Doug, I will pm you..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 22:22   #34

AAAAHHHHHHHH i remember it now, hehehehehe Stockleys was great... I remeber dissapearing for a wee tour of the old teritory..

People work for money!
Old 19-06-2004, 23:09   #35
God Member

Why ain't there a Church section on here? If we've got a Springhill/Karachi section on here, why not Church?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 23:14   #36

Post it in the feedback section Tea, and i'm sure that your wish will be granted..

People work for money!
Old 20-06-2004, 00:25   #37
Member.

I hope so Wingy

If I may be so bald to say...The old chaps right.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 20:56   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Hi,

A few old black & whites of Church

No 1. I am the one with the flower. Anyone remember to corner shop behind the Car. In 1966/67, they had a Yorkie. The little B****** bit me over the eye.
The shop on the corner of John Street was Hamers...a general grocery store....opposite was Mrs Bushes fish and chip shop....other corner a toffee shop, can't remember the name (Smithies?) on the other corner opposite Church Kirk School was a grocer called John Holden...He had a daughter who took over the chip shop when Mrs Bush retired (Pat Holden)

I remember a mixture and fish was then 1 shilling and two pence.
in todays funny money that is 6p and no vat.

A mixture and a fish was fish chips and peas....in a basin which you provided.

Happy days

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 21:13   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Can anyone remember the Ribble buses that used to go through Church at quarter past and quarter to the hour (started at Ossy and went to Harwood and Clitheroe)..........
Not Clitheroe I'm afraid unless that was a special.

The worst shift on the Ribble operated from the Blackburn Depot was a 4.15am start and 13 trips Gt Harwood - Ossy...The vehicle used on this shift was fleet No: 1494...a Leyland PD 1 with a crash gearbox...quite an experience....would sort the men from the boy's now...That was in 1964.

Old 25-03-2008, 00:19   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Not Clitheroe I'm afraid unless that was a special.

The worst shift on the Ribble operated from the Blackburn Depot was a 4.15am start and 13 trips Gt Harwood - Ossy...The vehicle used on this shift was fleet No: 1494...a Leyland PD 1 with a crash gearbox...quite an experience....would sort the men from the boy's now...That was in 1964.
it went through in the mid 70s, used to catch it from henry st to Bramley Meade when me daughter was being born.
Old 31-10-2008, 20:52   #41

my grandma and grandad lived in john st, my dad lived in church all his life, and i married a church lad.
yatesmnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 21:44   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesmnn View Post
my grandma and grandad lived in john st, my dad lived in church all his life, and i married a church lad.
Was your Grandma's name Lucy?....are you related to The late Brian...Irene or Rita?

Old 01-11-2008, 00:42   #43

yes Lucy is my grandma and brian was my dad did you know any of them
Old 01-11-2008, 14:18   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesmnn View Post
yes Lucy is my grandma and brian was my dad did you know any of them
Yes I knew them all, your Grandad as well, Albert.
Your dad was known as Little Brian Yates only because he was smaller than than the other Brian Yates who lived at the top of Church Kirk Lane opposite the church.
I knew Irene and Rita as well.
If you tell them that you have been speaking to Agnes's son Roy they will remember me.

Old 01-11-2008, 17:54   #45

Hi roy
thanks for the reply, bet you could tell me a few storys about my dad lol, did you knew me mum jean? my grandma lucy still lives in church, edward court at the bottom on church kirk lane, my anuty rita lives just up the road on dill hill lane and anuty irene lives in rishton, my ex husband who also comes from church is andrew taylor he lived on the street at the back of john st but i cannot remember what it is called now. andrew still lives in church now on church hall, I myself live in blackburn but go over to see my grandma every week with my brother ian.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..