Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2013, 23:08   #496
Resting In Peace

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

What beautiful trees. That's where they should be, in a park. I have some round my house, planted by the previous owner. They're far too big for the site even now and will get much bigger. I hate them but if we take then out the roots will under mine a very old wall. Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29-06-2013, 23:16   #497
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
What beautiful trees. That's where they should be, in a park. I have some round my house, planted by the previous owner. They're far too big for the site even now and will get much bigger. I hate them but if we take then out the roots will under mine a very old wall. Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susie, what you need is a wood burning stove, a good tree surgeon and a friend with a tractor/JCB.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 23:30   #498
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Susie, what you need is a wood burning stove, a good tree surgeon and a friend with a tractor/JCB.
We have all those thanks, they're not that big actually, mere saplings, but the roots are still going under the wall thanks to the stupid tw@t who planted them and they're very close together too. We have just topped them this year but it's an ongoing thing.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:04   #499
Senior Member+

Quote:
Its a common mistake when planting trees, not taking into account how big they will be in say, 15 years time and then, 20 years. The older they get the more expensive to deal with, 30 meters away from a house or wall is still a bit to close, the roots always extend past the canopy of the tree.

Cut yours off at ground level, then apply stump killer to the stump, digging out roots can damage walls and buildings, plus give you backache
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 11:11   #500
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Its a common mistake when planting trees, not taking into account how big they will be in say, 15 years time and then, 20 years. The older they get the more expensive to deal with, 30 meters away from a house or wall is still a bit to close, the roots always extend past the canopy of the tree.

Cut yours off at ground level, then apply stump killer to the stump, digging out roots can damage walls and buildings, plus give you backache
Thanks Dave, would you believe these are only a few feet apart, think he thought he was planting a hedge.

I will pass your instructions to my tame tree cutter, AKA Richard or my garden gnome. This year we have topped the trees to the height of the fence, probably about 10 ft, the run is probably about 30ft. And the trees are on the outside of the fence, which means they are impinging on the private road and our neighbours' right of way. Grrr what a ****** he was.
Old 30-06-2013, 21:11   #501
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks Dave, would you believe these are only a few feet apart, think he thought he was planting a hedge.

I will pass your instructions to my tame tree cutter, AKA Richard or my garden gnome. This year we have topped the trees to the height of the fence, probably about 10 ft, the run is probably about 30ft. And the trees are on the outside of the fence, which means they are impinging on the private road and our neighbours' right of way. Grrr what a ****** he was.
A wrongly planted tree can cause all sorts of problems especially with neighbours, my neighbour has a small (for now)tree planted right in the top corner of his garden, so close to the fence 50 percent is overhanging over the fence into mine. At some point I will have to have a hissy fit with him.
Old 30-06-2013, 21:16   #502
Senior Member+

Whittaker Park, Rawtenstall, called in on the way back (dads taxi)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0001.JPG (490.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0002.JPG (318.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0003.JPG (425.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0008.JPG (380.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9990.JPG (487.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9992.JPG (390.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9994.JPG (324.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9997.JPG (322.0 KB, 2 views)
hassy rvr likes this.
Old 30-06-2013, 23:32   #503
Resting In Peace

Quote:
A wrongly planted tree can cause all sorts of problems especially with neighbours, my neighbour has a small (for now)tree planted right in the top corner of his garden, so close to the fence 50 percent is overhanging over the fence into mine. At some point I will have to have a hissy fit with him.
Don't forget to put your best tutu on.
Old 01-07-2013, 21:22   #504
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don't forget to put your best tutu on.
I don't wear a Tutu to have a hissy fit, that would be silly, I wear a divers rubber suit and snorkel, it makes me look windswept and interesting......or................space left to insert your own opinion.
Old 01-07-2013, 21:27   #505
Senior Member+

A walk when I was alongside wet bits for most of the walk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0017.JPG (353.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0018.JPG (373.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0020.JPG (452.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0024.JPG (472.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0026.JPG (411.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0027.JPG (479.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0037.JPG (424.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0051.JPG (487.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0052.JPG (354.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0054.JPG (343.9 KB, 4 views)
hassy rvr likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 21:34   #506
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't wear a Tutu to have a hissy fit, that would be silly, I wear a divers rubber suit and snorkel, it makes me look windswept and interesting......or................space left to insert your own opinion.
As mad as a box of frogs.
davemac likes this.
Old 03-07-2013, 22:44   #507
Senior Member+

A view from the Coppice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0066.JPG (480.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0069.JPG (485.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0073.JPG (320.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0074.JPG (359.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0075.JPG (338.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0077.JPG (437.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0084.JPG (467.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0086.JPG (471.0 KB, 3 views)
Stevie R, hassy rvr and gpick24 like this.
Old 03-07-2013, 22:47   #508
Senior Member+

Like the clouds in pic 6.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37   #509
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Like the clouds in pic 6.
It was a day when the clouds moved over very quickly, blue skies to dark clouds in a few minutes, it was a good day for cloudscapes.
Old 05-07-2013, 19:36   #510
Senior Member+

A couple of quick views from Huncoat Colliery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0087.JPG (456.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0088.JPG (396.8 KB, 4 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..