Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 21:35   #2206
Resting In Peace

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
PS have you thought about a power washer for Bob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
would have to be careful with a power washer susie, they can pump out some pressure! could take his legs off never mind clean em lol
Tongue in cheek of course - we have one and it's taken a fair amount of muck off our garden walls, paint and concrete as well as moss etc...

Then again I might have been suggesting a part exchange for the dog...
Old 04-09-2012, 21:47   #2207
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ha ha I went to the hosp today for chemo session (yes blood levels more than OK this week) and discovered sticky willy seeds all over my top when I got there! Must have brushed up against them when getting into the car. Had to ask before putting them in the waste bin on the nurse's trolley just in case she wondered what they were!

PS have you thought about a power washer for Bob?
I did try the local car wash, but he kept jumping off the car when the brushes started up.
I hope you didn't say to the nurse you had sticky willie seeds all over your top, they just wouldn't understand.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:49   #2208
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I did try the local car wash, but he kept jumping off the car when the brushes started up.
I hope you didn't say to the nurse you had sticky willie seeds all over your top, they just wouldn't understand.
youll be getting that camera in your pjs again, i take it
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 22:46   #2209
Senior Member+

Quote:
youll be getting that camera in your pjs again, i take it
Just remember I'm not the one who snapped the head off his tripod, ooh matron.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:42   #2210
Senior Member+

Quote:
It was every ware, today we walked through the woods from Bell Lane end walked towards Wilson's Playing Field. It had recently been used for a cross country run and it was as muddy as a very muddy thing in a big muddy field, with extra mud.

The hose pipe didn't get close, so it was a carry upstairs and straight in the bath, the water went instantly black, there was sticky Willie seed heads floating on the water from his coat, grit, other stuff I had no idea about. I know how to have fun me!.
Max has his own personal outdoor shower. We have a tap just inside the garage fed from a mixer valve ( not too hot, not too cold) with a short length of garden hose on it and a shower head.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07   #2211
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Max has his own personal outdoor shower. We have a tap just inside the garage fed from a mixer valve ( not too hot, not too cold) with a short length of garden hose on it and a shower head.

Wonder if I could get one of them sorted for the t'other half?!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50   #2212
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
If I get mine dropped off by parcel force, any chance you could return him all buffed and fluffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Wonder if I could get one of them sorted for the t'other half?!
If you get one fitted any chance of a walk through on the way home.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30   #2213
Resting In Peace

Quote:
If I get mine dropped off by parcel force, any chance you could return him all buffed and fluffed

What a load of dogwash...

Old 05-09-2012, 14:16   #2214
Senior Member+

Quote:
If I get mine dropped off by parcel force, any chance you could return him all buffed and fluffed.

Shampooed and powdered.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 14:22   #2215
Senior Member+

Does anyone know what this is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg creature 1.jpg (323.7 KB, 13 views)
kestrelx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 14:25   #2216
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Does anyone know what this is?

damned ugly!!!!! thats what that is

as for the species, haven't a clue,
Old 05-09-2012, 14:46   #2217
Resting In Peace

Today's subject is windows, taken on a trip to Sheffield and the Peak District. I had my first job at Sheffield University in 1972, had only been back briefly till this visit in 2008. Still basically the same city in a lovely setting but now with a metro which I travelled from end to end on my bus pass!

Couple of doors in here too.

1 I used to have a flat on the upper floor of this building in 1972. Originally the local police station, it became a dentist's. The surgeries were downstairs in the old cells with tunnel vaulted brick ceilings and heavy barred doors! I think the words "Police Station" have been chiselled out above the doorcase.
2 Side door of the building above
3 Pub near the university. I spent a lot of time in here! The elaborate roof at top left is on the old church next door which is now the university's Drama Studio
4 University building
5 Indian restaurant, Glossop road. In my day this was a lovely old fashioned grocer, Mr Pollard's, where you could buy loose tea and other goodies
6 Park House flats, a landmark on the hill behind the railway station, hailed as revolutionary when opened in 1961 and listed grade II* in 1998. The largest listed building in Europe. Undergoing renovation which is why you can see right through parts of it.
7 Hyde Park flats, taken from the Metro train. Another very large block of flats
8 Wetherspoons, Hillsborough - used to be a swimming baths
9 House at Bradfield, in the Peak District near Sheffield
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_08230033 (294x400).jpg (115.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230037 (300x400).jpg (157.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230050 (373x400).jpg (117.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230051 (300x400).jpg (113.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230059 (400x313).jpg (121.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230065 (400x300).jpg (108.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230061 (400x300).jpg (107.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230067 (400x300).jpg (99.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_08230023 (400x353).jpg (142.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by susie123; 05-09-2012 at 14:49.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 14:51   #2218
Senior Member+

Quote:
Today's subject is windows, taken on a trip to Sheffield and the Peak District. I had my first job at Sheffield University in 1972, had only been back briefly till this visit in 2008. Still basically the same city in a lovely setting but now with a metro which I travelled from end to end on my bus pass!

Couple of doors in here too.

1 I used to have a flat on the upper floor of this building in 1972. Originally the local police station, it became a dentist's. The surgeries were downstairs in the old cells with tunnel vaulted brick ceilings and heavy barred doors! I think the words "Police Station" have been chiselled out above the doorcase.
2 Side door of the building above
3 Pub near the university. I spent a lot of time in here! The elaborate roof at top left is on the old church next door which is now the university's Drama Studio
4 University building
5 Indian restaurant, Glossop road. In my day this was a lovely old fashioned grocer, Mr Pollard's, where you could buy loose tea and other goodies
6 Park House flats, a landmark on the hill behind the railway station, hailed as revolutionary when opened in 1961 and listed grade II* in 1998. The largest listed building in Europe. Undergoing renovation which is why you can see right through parts of it.
7 Hyde Park flats, taken from the Metro train. Another very large block of flats
8 Wetherspoons, Hillsborough - used to be a swimming baths
9 House at Bradfield, in the Peak District near Sheffield
like no2, but can you imagine how wet you would get brushing past them when it was raining brrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-09-2012, 15:45   #2219
Senior Member+

Quote:

Yeah no probs, dont get frightened though if you walk in and he the is naked man there!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 16:03   #2220
Resting In Peace

Quote:
like no2, but can you imagine how wet you would get brushing past them when it was raining brrrrrrrrrr
Thanks, it is a pretty picture isn't it? Don't think they use that gate, I think there is a way to the door from the parking area/back yard which is on the LHS out of shot.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..