Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 07:03   #7486
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

Dianne.....I don't like those pics............I LOVE them......they made me smile.....and made me just a tad envious(in a good way).
mobertol likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2014, 09:38   #7487
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Dianne.....I don't like those pics............I LOVE them......they made me smile.....and made me just a tad envious(in a good way).
Had a really great day out there Margaret -it's a beautiful place with amazing gardens. The woollen woods installation is really clever, it would be the perfect place to take your young "tinlids" for a day out as they could explore the woods and find all the creatures and plants which are displayed throughout -literally hundreds of them!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:02   #7488

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Managed to capture a Kingfisher at last as well as an unusual array of other bird and plant life including a particularly nice poisonous mushroom for DaveMac! All up at Sizergh Castle near Kendall on Monday in glorious weather. What an amazing place - was in heaven -took over 220 photos o.O !!! Watch this space...
Oh well done! Great pics and gave me a chuckle too. Thanks Diane
mobertol likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 21:34   #7489
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a rare outing at the moment, and spent with Dianne (mobertol), so it was a pleasure to be out and a pleasure to meet her as well.

1. A brief distraction on the way to Spring Wood, guess who !
2. If its not wet, you are not doing it right.
3. From this point on its Bluebells a G0-GO.
4. I told you it was.
5. What's that smell.........Oh its me.
6. Taking steps to snap bluebells.
7. Stumps and Bluebells, it will never be as popular as Dandelion and Burdock.
8. Its that smell again.
9. Say Cheeeeese.
10. They are cutting most of these down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1100316.JPG (420.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1100322.JPG (432.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1100336.JPG (432.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1100342.JPG (360.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1100368.JPG (438.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1100374.JPG (423.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1100383.JPG (434.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1100396.JPG (403.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1100400.JPG (417.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1100404.JPG (486.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by davemac; 01-05-2014 at 21:42.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 21:47   #7490
Beacon of light

Lovely pics Dave. Looks like Dianne made the most of her day too.
Hope she will put some of her pics on soon.
mobertol and davemac like this.
Old 01-05-2014, 22:09   #7491
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Lovely pics Dave. Looks like Dianne made the most of her day too.
Hope she will put some of her pics on soon.
Dianne is out tonight basking in culture, but if she uploads the pictures I think she will, I may never show my face in public again, only joking, I will wear a balaclava.
mobertol likes this.
Old 01-05-2014, 22:11   #7492

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a rare outing at the moment, and spent with Dianne (mobertol), so it was a pleasure to be out and a pleasure to meet her as well.

1. A brief distraction on the way to Spring Wood, guess who !
2. If its not wet, you are not doing it right.
3. From this point on its Bluebells a G0-GO.
4. I told you it was.
5. What's that smell.........Oh its me.
6. Taking steps to snap bluebells.
7. Stumps and Bluebells, it will never be as popular as Dandelion and Burdock.
8. Its that smell again.
9. Say Cheeeeese.
10. They are cutting most of these down.
Oh this is bliss - bluebells just as I remembered them! And the wild garlic is wonderful. Beautiful shots.
I'm so happy for you Diane, and just a little bit jealous I must admit! . I look forward to seeing your photos too.
Dave I'm sure you wish Bob could be with you on this walk, but how happy for you to have fellow Accy Webber Diane enjoying the views in his stead.
Old 01-05-2014, 22:20   #7493
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Oh this is bliss - bluebells just as I remembered them! And the wild garlic is wonderful. Beautiful shots.
I'm so happy for you Diane, and just a little bit jealous I must admit! . I look forward to seeing your photos too.
Dave I'm sure you wish Bob could be with you on this walk, but how happy for you to have fellow Accy Webber Diane enjoying the views in his stead.
There were carpets of bluebells and wild garlic, they were late last year so missed them at Spring Wood, so the timing was just right this year. I think Dianne enjoyed the outing as much as I did, and hopefully her pictures will expand on my contribution.

I do miss not having Bob by my side, and getting ready to go out, we have our routine and as soon as I put my coat on, he is out of his basket ready to come with me, I know it sounds daft but I have to sneak out so I don't see him dissapointed.
Old 02-05-2014, 00:23   #7494
God Member

Here are a selection from today's really lovely trip out with DaveMac - much appreciated and thanks again Dave! He survived me nattering him to death and distracting him from his phoography I am leaving the close-up's as they are Dave's territory and my attempts were rubbish. My pics : Featuring him in his element (note his "trophy" dirty knee in photo 3) and getting down to business with a bluebell by cobbled steps later. Interspersed with my more general pics of the gorgeous bluebell display in Spring Woods. Finally a short verse dedicated to the Lancashire witches which is in the carpark where we stopped to have a rather nice ice-cream.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0239.jpg (175.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0240.jpg (168.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0241.jpg (168.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0249.jpg (202.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0259.jpg (204.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0255.jpg (188.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0257.jpg (197.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0263.jpg (183.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0268.jpg (295.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0275.jpg (198.7 KB, 18 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:46   #7495
Senior Member+

The pendle witch verse is one of several placed on the "witches walk" between lancaster and pendle.

BBC News - Carol Ann Duffy Pendle Witch Trials poem placed on trail

Lancashire Witches 400 | Green Close
mobertol likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18   #7496
Beacon of light

Quote:
Here are a selection from today's really lovely trip out with DaveMac - much appreciated and thanks again Dave! He survived me nattering him to death and distracting him from his phoography I am leaving the close-up's as they are Dave's territory and my attempts were rubbish. My pics : Featuring him in his element (note his "trophy" dirty knee in photo 3) and getting down to business with a bluebell by cobbled steps later. Interspersed with my more general pics of the gorgeous bluebell display in Spring Woods. Finally a short verse dedicated to the Lancashire witches which is in the carpark where we stopped to have a rather nice ice-cream.
Number 3....... A dirty knee! Now wouldn't that just go brilliantly into the present competition?
Great pics Dianne, but Dave looks decidedly lost without his ever present companion..... Bob.
Looks like you had a great day......and put your close ups on.....they will be relished by those of us who can't be out and about right now.
Oh, and by the way comparisons are odious.(just check out you signature as to what beauty is)
davemac likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19   #7497

Quote:
Your shots of the flowers are wonderful Diane. There's nothing more lovely than bluebells en masse, and you certainly did them justice. And you even managed to capture the elusive davemacious intrepidus, resplendent in all his moistness!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58   #7498
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
And you even managed to capture the elusive davemacious intrepidus, resplendent in all his moistness!!!

I DO like that.....I hope it doesn't go to his head....no, of course it won't (nurse will see to that).
You do know that this is an endangered species...don't you?
mobertol, davemac and Turtle like this.
Old 02-05-2014, 15:39   #7499
Senior Member+

I thought I'd try out my new camera.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG

All these were taken around Jumbles Reservoir. Nos 2 and 4 were on the opposite bank of the res. I've got to get used to the settings yet.
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 4 others like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 17:50   #7500
Beacon of light

C'mon Frank....spill! What new camera?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..