Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: would you like the watermark enabled for gallery photos
yes please 10 83.33%
no thanks 1 8.33%
get lost 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2013, 07:28   #1
Resting in Peace

Water mark

NOTE
I have just been looking through the gallery software and there is a way of putting a watermark on photos in the gallery to stop other people copying your photos and saying its there photo
its upto you I can turn this on if you wish it will secure your photos from fraud and stop others using it without your permission (its not copyright)you still keep the copyright of your photo, its just a faint tattoo that will show up on the photos or prints
if most members would like this turned on please let me know
Ps
This is only for photos uploaded to the gallery and not photos put in threads on the rest of the site (I think)

Last edited by Mick; 31-05-2013 at 07:37.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2013, 07:34   #2
God Member

Re: Water mark

didnt we have this on automatically years ago?
Old 31-05-2013, 07:35   #3
Resting in Peace

yep but after the site update it was set to disabled
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 07:42   #4
God Member

ahhhh ok, i think its a good idea anyway
Old 31-05-2013, 09:04   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think its better on, just me opinion i aint even got a camera.
flashy likes this.
Old 31-05-2013, 09:07   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think its better on, just me opinion i aint even got a camera.
And I had you for a Box Brownie Mr C !!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 09:55   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
And I had you for a Box Brownie Mr C !!
Not into Brownies D, I aint no jimmy saville.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 31-05-2013, 10:12   #8
God Member

on top form today i see cashy lol
Old 31-05-2013, 10:41   #9
Beacon of light

It's a yes from me too. Think it is a good idea.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 10:47   #10
Senior Member+

I think it is a good idea to watermark a photo if the person who posts it wants it done, I suppose it would be too much trouble to set the site up so people could tick a box if they want the watermark on their photos.
Along with another member of this forum I take a lot of photos of commercial vehicles, we must have well over two thousand now, and we post them on two Transport forums.
I have seen some of our photos on other web sites with someone else's copyright mark on.
There is also a site which sells photos on line and at Commercial vehicle shows and some have turned up there with the sellers mark on them.
I have no objection to people copying my photos for personal use but I draw the line at people charging for them or claiming them to be their own.
Since then the Administrator of the two forums I mentioned have restricted the viewing of the web site to members only who must first be registered.

I took the one below on the 12 May this year and it has already appeared on another forum posted by someone else who claimed it was taken by them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0896.jpg (542.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 31-05-2013, 13:17   #11
Beacon of light

Russell, doesn't your camera offer the facility of including a watermark....I know that some do...and many editing programs have a facility to add a watermark.......if people are stealing your pics and charging for them, then this would put a stop to that.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 14:30   #12
Senior Member+

I am not sure about the camera putting a watermark on Margaret but I would not use it if it did. I would want the clean photo and then put a watermark on those I post and keep the original for my collection.
I have a watermarking program and the commercial vehicle photos I post on unlimited vehicle forums or websites are now watermarked.
Old 31-05-2013, 14:33   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I think it is a good idea to watermark a photo if the person who posts it wants it done, I suppose it would be too much trouble to set the site up so people could tick a box if they want the watermark on their photos.
Along with another member of this forum I take a lot of photos of commercial vehicles, we must have well over two thousand now, and we post them on two Transport forums.
I have seen some of our photos on other web sites with someone else's copyright mark on.
There is also a site which sells photos on line and at Commercial vehicle shows and some have turned up there with the sellers mark on them.
I have no objection to people copying my photos for personal use but I draw the line at people charging for them or claiming them to be their own.
Since then the Administrator of the two forums I mentioned have restricted the viewing of the web site to members only who must first be registered.

I took the one below on the 12 May this year and it has already appeared on another forum posted by someone else who claimed it was taken by them.
That don't surprise me mate, theres some real thieving scumbags about, as no doubt Retlaw can attest too.
Old 31-05-2013, 14:42   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
i am not sure about the camera putting a watermark on margaret but i would not use it if it did. I would want the clean photo and then put a watermark on those i post and keep the original for my collection.
I have a watermarking program and the commercial vehicle photos i post on unlimited vehicle forums or websites are now watermarked.
P1000633.jpg
cashman and maxthecollie like this.

Last edited by Gremlin; 31-05-2013 at 14:44. Reason: spelling
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 19:40   #15
Senior Member+

Yes from me.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..