Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2015, 21:50   #31

Re: Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonight mi

Good luck to all Accy Webbers who entered! I wish I lived closer so I could attend
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2015, 23:25   #32
Senior Member+

Re: Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonight mi

"10 highly recommended" folk will "receive a prize"....I'll donate mine to Accyweb (if I win anything).
Also "For a small donation you will also be able to collect your images and take them away with you" after the exhibition has ended.....for about 20p I can print my own thanks

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 06:15   #33
Beacon of light

I think there might be a difference in the printing......if they have been printed and mounted for to competition.....they might be worth giving a donation for.
I might have mine back.......it would be good to put them on my new picture wall.
I will see what they look like.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 07:50   #34
Senior Member+

Yes,there is a good chance they'll be on better quality paper if they're going on show (I could live with standard A4 quality for my personal viewing).
I'm sure your two will make a great addition to your gallery wall...

...My two entries are from the top of St James church in town looking over Accrington if you fancy one of those too

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 10:21   #35
Beacon of light

It might be that you are only allowed to donate for your own pics.
The two that I have chosen would look good on my picture wall...one is a monochrome pic and the other is a shot taken on a day trip to Southport, but(to my mind) quite dramatic and full of impact(what the heck do I know?).
I would get them framed and they would be a proud addition.......none of the current pictures on my wall are pics that I have taken.
I have a John Miller print......a couple of pics bought at a street market in St Kilda(Australia) and an old fashioned picture taken in Ballarat......where we are all dressed as early settlers(all done in impeccable taste, with a gilt frame commensurate with the times).
Old 12-04-2015, 18:19   #36
God Member

I also submitted 2 photos to the competition - Adam bent the rules a little for me to enter. Obviously I won't be able to attend but look forward to hearing how it all goes. May cause a little confusion the fact that my Aunt who is also Diane Chaffer has entered 2 pics of her hols in Sicily last year - I have 2 "n"s in my name! I was really disappointed not to have taken one photo in time to submit it - the one I've put of the man tying his vines in Photo comp. 59 which I really like... Good luck to all who've entered - lets hope to have at least one of those Highly Commended prizes!
Turtle likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 18:31   #37
Beacon of light

I am hoping to go on Thursday......so I will let you know how things look Dianne.
with Davemac, max and Gpick in there as well I don't think I have much chance, but when the pics are taken down I hope to buy mine back and have them framed and put on my new photo wall in the refurbed house
mobertol likes this.
Old 16-04-2015, 14:24   #38
Beacon of light

I was in the Library today as they were numbering the pictures.
I have to say I could not resist a sneaky peek at some of the pics.
I now realise that mine do not stand an earthly chance.
I am pretty sure I spotted one of GPicks entries.
If you can spare an hour tonight, then you will not be disappointed with the exhibition.
Old 16-04-2015, 14:49   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was in the Library today as they were numbering the pictures.
I have to say I could not resist a sneaky peek at some of the pics.
I now realise that mine do not stand an earthly chance.
I am pretty sure I spotted one of GPicks entries.
If you can spare an hour tonight, then you will not be disappointed with the exhibition.
I only have one entry, my second (loch lochy panoramic) would have had too much cropped off so i withdrew it, and as it was at the last minute I didn`t have time to enter another.
I will try and make it down tonight but I have a very early start tomorrow (I have to be in Kings Lynn for 9 o clock and I want to make a quick detour to RAF Coningsby to hopefully get a glimpse of the all new Battle Of Britain Typhoon) so might have to go another time.

Last edited by gpick24; 16-04-2015 at 14:53.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 15:43   #40
Beacon of light

Hope you can come....there are some very professional looking pictures from what I saw.
Well worth a look....but King's Lynn by 9am...you need a helichopter
Old 16-04-2015, 15:47   #41
Senior Member+

I`m tired just thinking about what time i`ve got to get up, alarm set for 3.15, set off at 4.
Old 16-04-2015, 18:29   #42
Senior Member+

Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonigh...

Had a quick look in, some very nice photos...and cake.
mobertol likes this.
Old 16-04-2015, 18:59   #43
Beacon of light

Just got back.....there were some stunning pictures(and none of them won)...there were some shots that I would have given my eye teeth for.
Those that won did not really float my boat...but the judges must have had a really hard job choosing just ten.

Thank you to Davemac for the lift home.
mobertol likes this.
Old 16-04-2015, 19:13   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Just got back.....there were some stunning pictures(and none of them won)...there were some shots that I would have given my eye teeth for.
Those that won did not really float my boat...but the judges must have had a really hard job choosing just ten.

Thank you to Davemac for the lift home.
No problem, enjoyed the company.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 19:16   #45
Senior Member+

Re: Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Had a quick look in, some very nice photos...and cake.
Never saw you, and I was looking out for folk I might know.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..