Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2008, 16:03   #1
God Member

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Just heard on't radio that Blackpool Pleasure Beach is going to start charging an entrance fee of £5 each....just to walk around...personally i think thats ridiculous, is it going to put anyone off going?

i know when i sometimes go i like to have a look around then decided which rides i'm going to go on before i buy tickets

what do you lot think?
Old 16-02-2008, 16:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach

we went in november and you had to buy a £15 wrist band to get in... even my pregnant step-mum, who obviously wasnt going on any rides!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 16:11   #3
God Member

It's not going to put me off. If I go to the pleasure beach it's because i'm going on rides - i wouldn't go otherwise.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 16:12   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
we went in november and you had to buy a £15 wrist band to get in... even my pregnant step-mum, who obviously wasnt going on any rides!

my sisters just said that about Southport, she had to pay even though she was pregnant, i think its ridiculous
Old 16-02-2008, 16:14   #5
Senior Member+

I do like to just walk round and look at the people on the rides sometimes if im staying in Blackpool overnight,i get as much pleasure out of watching people scared outta their wits as i do sat next to Corker watching him being scared out of his wits,so really would be a shame if i couldn't just parade through without paying

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 16:14   #6
God Member

never go round it anyway just plain and simple greed they wont make nay money out of it anyway..just wait outside .it will just create congestion outside...
Old 16-02-2008, 16:56   #7

Dont like the rides (i hate heights) so i dont go there....ever. Charging people (especially pregnant people) to go in is just greedy.
Old 16-02-2008, 17:05   #8
God Member

oh dear, the end of the pleasure beach methinks!!! we often go on and walk around even if we don`t go on rides we spend a bit of money on something.their loss not ours.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 17:22   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well thats me bypassing it if they do.
Old 16-02-2008, 17:31   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

dont go to blackpool anymore, it gets more boring every time I see the place.....its just one big dump!!

better off going to the east coast
Old 16-02-2008, 17:38   #11
Resting In Peace

I copied and pasted this just now from the Blackpool Web community web site,

"From Blackpool Pleasure Beach web site:

CHANGES TO PLEASURE BEACH PRICING STRUCTURE 2009 From the beginning of the 2009 season, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool will be operating a new entry system. Guests will be required to purchase either an Unlimited Ride Wristband or a £5 Freedom Pass to enter the park. As well as entry to the park, the Freedom Pass includes admission to 5 of Pleasure Beach’s favourite family attractions.

Try not to get lost as you are challenged by the twists and turns of the Chinese Puzzle Maze. Take a leisurely ride around the park on either the Pleasure Beach Express or the Monorail. All aboard Noah’s Ark for a fantastically fun journey into the unknown on one of Pleasure Beach’s most loved rides. If you love first class entertainment then you can enjoy the new stage show at Pleasure Beach’s newest venue Planet Rock.

This represents fantastic value for money as if you were to purchase tickets for each of these attractions individually, the cost would be £10."
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 18:01   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

so OAP's will have to pay as well or do they get it free i wonder?
well i for one wont be going!
robbing sods!!!!!!!!!!

Can ya imagine what they will be getting for entance fees alone?*tut*
Old 16-02-2008, 18:21   #13
God Member

Yeah it is a bit of a rip off especially if it also includes people who could not or would not use the "favourite family attractions"

Hopefully they will see sense by 2009
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 18:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
I copied and pasted this just now from the Blackpool Web community web site,

This represents fantastic value for money as if you were to purchase tickets for each of these attractions individually, the cost would be £10."
Try not to get lost as you are challenged by the twists and turns of the Chinese Puzzle Maze. Take a leisurely ride around the park on either the Pleasure Beach Express or the Monorail. All aboard Noah’s Ark for a fantastically fun journey into the unknown on one of Pleasure Beach’s most loved rides. If you love first class entertainment then you can enjoy the new stage show at Pleasure Beach’s newest venue Planet Rock.

OOOOOOOOO how exciting, Rip off britain continues!!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 19:42   #15

well i only live a few miles away and ive been once in 6 years with my daughter and now ive got grandchildren and if they start charging to just walk round then it looks like i wont be goin again
whatsupp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..