Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 01:45   #31
God Member

Re: What avatars annoy you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
There is only one that I find to be insulting.

accyman – Whose avatar reads: “You are not able to view this user’s picture because you are too stupid”

Now I wonder who is going to be the first person to come back with a comment about no sense of humour?

My complaint was not even answered let alone actually addressed.
You do set yourself up for this Jambutty.. bit of a devils advocate..are you up for debate or confict?..or just a normal bloke from Darwin?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2008, 01:47   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
or just a normal bloke from Darwin?
What is a normal bloke from Darwen?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:50   #33
God Member

Normal Bloke from Darwin..but could be Ossie! fashion trends do change fast these days

Last edited by Mancie; 02-09-2008 at 01:53.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:24   #34
God Member

Bagpuss, Jambutty and...another down the Con club trying to work out who's paying for the next round !

Last edited by Mancie; 02-09-2008 at 02:32.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:15   #35
God Member

had to put my extremely offensive avatar back due to my new one been unnapreciated

by 1 person

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 13:19   #36
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: What avatars annoy you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its very rare i do but jesus he could drive a saint to swearing

anyway i have removed my so called offensive avatar and replaced it with somthing i think everyone , well almost everyone will be happy with
Not all that rare. Have you looked at your profile lately? Your comment made on 18-08-2008 at 18:28 reads:
if you have spent enough time looking atthis page to notice this message then you truely are a nosey ….. (the thinly disguised foul language has been deleted)

And then there is that comment that you left when awarding some Karma (which happened to be good Karma ) that reads:
heres some of that bad stuff you moan about you ….. (the thinly disguised foul language has been deleted) I don’t want the self appointed policeman Neil butting in.

All within the space of two weeks. Hardly rare is it? Not that I expect you to agree. You and some others will disagree with me on principle even if they agree.
Old 02-09-2008, 13:21   #37
Senior Member+

even I will agree with you when you're right jambutty.......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 13:22   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
You do set yourself up for this Jambutty.. bit of a devils advocate..are you up for debate or confict?..or just a normal bloke from Darwin?
No Mancie, but I did know what the reaction was likely to be. And I wasn’t wrong.

According to a number of members of this forum I am not supposed to have my own opinion but have to fall in line with theirs and if I don’t then I get vilified and then the sycophants join in.

I would remind you that I didn’t start this thread with the title of “What avatars annoy you?”

I just answered the question. Was that wrong?

An avatar that reads, “You are not able to view this user’s picture because you are too stupid” does annoy me and I found it to be offensive. I complained about it not because it was annoying but because it was offensive. Annoyances - I shrug off.

I see that accyman’s thinly disguised foul language post has been deleted. However the contents of that post gave me the clue as to who it was who tried to award me some negative Karma and making a nasty comment using the same format of thinly disguised foul language, but only succeeded in awarding some positive Karma. Which as far as I am concerned is the joke of the century. Maybe accyman cannot see the picture in his own avatar?
Old 02-09-2008, 13:29   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

certainly you are entitled to your opinion jambutty, everyone is. but as no-one else replied to my post- was it offensive? i would seriously question myself as to why i and no-one else thought it was.
Old 02-09-2008, 13:37   #40
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I was asked by Mick to remove Butch...the walking bear. I did.
Someone complained of flashing lights....Yeah.

Royboy, I mentioned your avatar to you yourself at one time. There was a faulty frame in it which caused it to flash on and off. It didn't affect everyone but it did give me a blinding headache if I was trying to read your posts. I had the option of ignoring your posts but I didn't really want to do that. I know you said that you couldn't see the problem yourself. You may recall that I copied the gif, edited out the damaged frame and then I think I sent it back to you to substitute for the faulty version. I do know that for a while the none flashing version was used and I really appreciated that.

However, at some later stage you changed it, possible for a football one, and then put the original Butch back again with the faulty frame and I was back to square one so instead of bothering you again about it I asked Mick if he could swap it for the mended version - I know he has swapped avatars in the past when people have posted ones which contravened site regulations.

Instead of doing that though it sounds like he contacted you and asked you to do it yourself.

All I was asking for was the same avatar but without the damaged frame which caused me problems. I'm sorry if you took offence at that as none was intended and you didn't seem to mind the first time round.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 14:49   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Bagpuss, Jambutty and...another down the Con club trying to work out who's paying for the next round !

The third person is obviously you mancie because of course I'm the good, jambutty is currently the baddie of accyweb that leaves you to take the role of the ugly but please lets find another drinking hole than a con club.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 17:23   #42
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

I do know that for a while the none flashing version was used and I really appreciated that.
Willow, see this Thread

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 18:01   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
Thanks Len...I knew you had sorted it first time round...Thanks for that...I didn't know it was Willow who complained to Mick...I was asked to take it off..and I did.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 18:32   #44
Resident Waffler

I'm sorry Royboy and Len - I thought it was Mick who sorted it out the first time. My memory plays tricks on me sometimes. I didn't ask for it to be removed. I was only wanting the non flashing version instead of the flashing version so that I could read your posts without my eyes going funny and getting a headache from trying to cope with the bit of flashing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 20:33   #45
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
certainly you are entitled to your opinion jambutty, everyone is. but as no-one else replied to my post- was it offensive? i would seriously question myself as to why i and no-one else thought it was.
So just because no one else replied to your post you jump to the conclusion that they, like you, didn’t find the avatar offensive.

A bit presumptuous isn’t it?

If ever proof were needed that you and a few others think that I should fall into line with your views, this is it.

Here are a few reasons why no one responded.

No one read your post
No one could be bothered answering.
Frightened of agreeing with me for fear of what the bully clique would say.
They like to be called stupid.

This issue sure does remind me of the story of the King’s new clothes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..