Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2012, 08:36   #16

Re: Daytime Charity Ad's.

Lol sorry
Old 13-09-2012, 08:42   #17
Resting in Peace

no problem just enjoy
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 08:57   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I only work 3 nights per week so in theory have almost as much time as somebody who is unemployed to turn on the idiot box and be exposed to this heart-wrenching stuff.
Fortunately, I don't. I hardly ever put the TV on unless somebody else is around,even if I'm on the net (such as now!) I sometimes even forget it's there.
Of these ads, these charities may benefit a lot from our donations but I always want to know exactly where my money is going?
The animal ones get me more than anything. The starving children ones send me on a rant about third world debt, whilst waving a packet of durex at the TV...I watch stuff online a lot, can PM you some sites if youlike
I would never give money to the R.S.P.C.A. The y only seem to react quickly when they are on the telly.Myself and a lot of dog walkers reported a Border Collie left in a " rabbit hutch" by a cattle grid near to Higher Brox Farm, The box was no more than 2 ft square witha bit of netting across the front.The dog was lying in it's own muck and had no acess to any water in hot baking sunshine (this was last summer not this years).It ended on Saturday when I was walking with Max past this box. The dog had his nose out of the netting almost had the netting in his eyes. I rang the R.S.P.C.A. about 10 times until I got an answer. Not long after I got home an inspector turned up at my door saying that she could not find the dog, so I went with her in her van.She was disgusted when she saw the dog and went to see the farmer.The farmerwas only here short time (from Yorkshire ) renting a field with e few sheep.I detest the R.S.P.C.A. spending donations on new uniforms when a good pair of overalls will do.There was two people from the R.S.P.C.A. going door to door asking for donations.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 21:50   #19

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

This is an appeal for Less, Less is on the dole, it isn't his choice. Less and many others like him have been neglected throughout their lives by a variety of Governments. The reason for this is it's easier to make scapegoats out of the unemployed than it is to invest in real jobs.
We all know we can't find Less a job there aren't any out there, but if we all just paid £3.00 a month to him, (or indeed just a one off payment of any amount you can afford) we can raise his financial position so that he no longer appears in the Unemployment statistics, Less is too proud to ask you himself but with your generosity you can all make an old man with no future prospects in the job market extremely happy.
One day you too could be forced into a position where afternoon T.V. may seem to be all that there is, we hope this doesn't happen before senility hits thus making such living more bearable.

Remember, give a man a pint and he will still have to go home early, give him enough to buy a brewery and he can stay out watching Sky Sports.

Thank you.

(Less is at the moment sponsored by the Government but with your help could once again enjoy FREEDOM).
Oi! unemployed Oik,

With all this time on your hands you could have at least got a working paypal link before you started to beg. I have just spent the last 15 minutes trying to send you £3 a month to feed your alcohol addiction only to discover that the link was spurious.

It is people like you that give us industrious benefactors a bad name. I am now unable to use the £3 a month charity donation to make a saving of £20 a month on my own tax payment. You sir are a buffoon and I hope that your budgie dies!

It is you and your ilk that has made this once proud country a shadow of its former self. No doubt you spend all your dole money on food, lodging, heating and looking for work. If all you unemployed oiks did this who the hell am I going to look down my nose at, and worse still who on earth is going to appear on the St Jeremy Kyle the Divine TV show.

It is my right as a working, taxpaying, real, honest, and proper productive member of society to point at the unemployed and say 'lo, they are the unwashed, the scum, the dossers, dregs and workshy'. I am supposed to be superior and you are supposed to be inferior. It says so in the holy trinity of the Sun, Mirror and Daily Mail.

Get your act together, fix your link, learn to beg properly (including doffing your cap, calling me sir etc..) and allow me the right of superiority, that is mine, given by God, the one and only David Icke

yours etc..

Angry of Accrington
Old 14-09-2012, 04:09   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
no problem just enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I would never give money to the R.S.P.C.A. The y only seem to react quickly when they are on the telly.Myself and a lot of dog walkers reported a Border Collie left in a " rabbit hutch" by a cattle grid near to Higher Brox Farm, The box was no more than 2 ft square witha bit of netting across the front.The dog was lying in it's own muck and had no acess to any water in hot baking sunshine (this was last summer not this years).It ended on Saturday when I was walking with Max past this box. The dog had his nose out of the netting almost had the netting in his eyes. I rang the R.S.P.C.A. about 10 times until I got an answer. Not long after I got home an inspector turned up at my door saying that she could not find the dog, so I went with her in her van.She was disgusted when she saw the dog and went to see the farmer.The farmerwas only here short time (from Yorkshire ) renting a field with e few sheep.I detest the R.S.P.C.A. spending donations on new uniforms when a good pair of overalls will do.There was two people from the R.S.P.C.A. going door to door asking for donations.
I won't say I dislike the RSPCA, as I can only compare them to other corporations that set out to harm and not heal, the animal situation.
However, I can vouch for the notion that they are often completely useless at what they do, as your story proves. They can be quite rude, as well. Kudos to you for what you did, that makes me happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Don't bother, sending any sites, I hardly ever watch daytime T.V., this thread is in anything goes, it should only be read if you have the slightest inkling of a sense of humour, which you obviously haven't. (serious stuff goes almost anywhere else).
I definitely have a sense of humour I'm just not very bright and didn't read what forum the thread was in so misinterpreted it

Last edited by Neil; 14-09-2012 at 08:17.
Sunflower49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 06:27   #21
Resting in Peace

Guinness you where trying to donate £3 per month ?
Just how much do you think a pint of john smiths is these days
you should at least be donating £18 per week to keep less in good clear john smiths
as it is he has to walk all the way to Blackburn to get a bucket of muddy looking john smiths from a pubs waste outlet pipe
so come on save this long walk and donate till it hurts
he will be great full (and so would i)

Last edited by Mick; 14-09-2012 at 07:15.
Old 14-09-2012, 06:30   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post

I definitely have a sense of humour

I'm just not very bright
From reading your posts I'd have to agree with the first statement, and disagree with the second.

Personally I'd also add 'wise'.

As playing down your intellect can then be used to suprise, when what you're saying proves otherwise.

It's not how we say things that really matter.

Much more important is what was actually said.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 06:39   #23
Give, give, give member

I'm still not quite sold.

'IF', < and it's a big if, I donate to this appeal, in return would I receive an annual newsletter about his progress, a nice photograph showing him in his natural habitat, and my very own cuddly Less toy?

Old 14-09-2012, 07:17   #24
Resting in Peace

I am sure that can be aranged Garinda
Old 14-09-2012, 07:56   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Guinness you where trying to donate £3 per month ?
Just how much do you think a pint of john smiths is these days
you should at least be donating £18 per week to keep less in good clear john smiths
as it is he has to walk all the way to Blackburn to get a bucket of muddy looking john smiths from a pubs waste outlet pipe
so come on save this long walk and donate till it hurts
he will be great full (and so would i)
Mick Please, the idea is to find plenty of mugs, erm I mean hard working gentlemen such as he, and get them all to donate, if I word my campaign correctly I too could have an account of some £4,000,000 or so pounds worth of investments in Iceland's banks just like a certain cat's home did.

Please donate or your looking at this Sunday's lunch

Guinness, Sir, or should that be Sir Guinness, the link used to work until Paypal discovered I was no longer working, they have now, quite rightly, closed my account confiscated all that was deposited therein and severed my link, it's wonderful when you get treated to a real example of Capitalism at work.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 08:04   #26
Resting in Peace

If you cant get the Paypal link to work.
All donations can be left behind the bar in the Railway where they will be collected on Saturdays and a receipt will be issued sometime
Old 14-09-2012, 09:35   #27
Give, give, give member

I want my money back please.

The 'newsletter' was really just a shopping list, written on the back of a betting slip.

The 'full colour photographs' were a strip of passport snaps taken in a photo booth, and I'd rather not say what of.

Lastly, the cuddly Less toy that I received is nothing like the one that was pictured on his television appeal.

Quite franky I feel a tad disappointed, and would like my future direct debits cancelled please.

Last edited by garinda; 14-09-2012 at 09:44.
Old 14-09-2012, 10:13   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I want my money back please.

The 'newsletter' was really just a shopping list, written on the back of a betting slip.

The 'full colour photographs' were a strip of passport snaps taken in a photo booth, and I'd rather not say what of.

Lastly, the cuddly Less toy that I received is nothing like the one that was pictured on his television appeal.

Quite franky I feel a tad disappointed, and would like my future direct debits cancelled please.
I'm afraid I have some bad news, due to not being able to afford a decent firewall for my computer I have been relying on Windows© internal firewall and it doesn't seem very compatible with my apple operating system, due to which my identity has been stolen, you have proof of this in your sweaty little paws, I don't do shopping and as for a betting slip no way! I do all my gambling online at a very reputable Drag Queen bingo site, http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ighlight=bingo.

The full colour photographs could have been mine except that you wouldn't have received a full strip.

As for the cuddly toy that can't be mine because mine are in a container on route from China, which has been confiscated by our diligent Boarder Patrol due to a slight misunderstanding caused no doubt by a translation mistake.

I had asked for a twelve inch cuddly toy holding a rabbit, (to show I'm kind to animals) instead They have sent a cuddly toy with a twelve inch rabbit and the place they have inserted it is most inappropriate!

I can understand your disappointment, however I will refrain from cancelling your Direct Debit as my family members that are high up in the Russian Mafia know where you live, in fact they suggest you may just want to contribute a little bit more or the Ducks and geese you overlook will get it.
Old 14-09-2012, 10:22   #29
Give, give, give member

Threats don't frighten me.

Although this matter will now by dealt with by my winky ginger aunt, Anne.

Old 14-09-2012, 13:22   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Threats don't frighten me.

Although this matter will now by dealt with by my winky ginger aunt, Anne.
Could we be related? I too had an Aunt by the name of Anne.

yours sounds a touch too friendly?

Mine insisted on being called anti, so probably not.

It's wasn't that she was cruel, indeed if anything she would ensure that a sudden but peaceful death would come to any that interfered with the 'family'.

She would however take our welfare very seriously a cancelled DD would show up on her spread sheet and be noticed far sooner than than we could say gimme de' money.

Anti is now in her 'tween years, not as fast as she used to be, in fact mellowing was the term used by the last person that asked what the pension prospects are. (He was given four days to move on, a shame he was an atheist it could have been a far nicer place).

So perhaps you should not consider what went before as a threat, perhaps it should be considered as timely advice,

Lot's of love Less.

Last edited by Less; 14-09-2012 at 13:24.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..