Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 15:39   #31

Re: E-Cigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
It is habit Gordon, i would say i only used to smoke about 5 a week anyway, i 'vape' because i like the taste, from that 5 a week it's gone to none a week
I like the taste as well. I use menthol-but I do tend to vape constantly,even though when I smoked it was only a few a night-sometimes at work only one or two. I feel better though-which I didn't expect because I didn't smoke heavily anyway.
Just cleaner somehow!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:04   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Do you stock the stuff for totally wicked Dave?

No but I did post further up the thread about a shop opening locally that does sell it.

Don't know what it is but I have this bee in my bonnet about people using local shops if possible. Maybe I'm just a sentimental old fool
Old 10-11-2012, 20:48   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
By the way Cashy, there's a Totally Wicked re-seller opened on Henry St.
if you look up the forum on their webiste under offers or on twitter theres a daily code that gets between 11 - 20 % off purchases .The friday code is used for saturday as well.resellers dont do these dicounts and are more expensive than buying direct

totally wicked also deliver stuff ordered by phone at least as i have had emergency supplies sent out when i havnt been able to get to blackburn

i mix my own liquid its a lot cheaper and have been ciggy free for 9 months maybe more but i still have nicotine in mine but reducing it gradually

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 20:49   #34
God Member

also isnt it great been able to smoke in the cinema again and the pub and theres fcuk all they can do to stop ya hahahahaha

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:40   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
No but I did post further up the thread about a shop opening locally that does sell it.

Don't know what it is but I have this bee in my bonnet about people using local shops if possible. Maybe I'm just a sentimental old fool
The shop is opposite the Broadway pub £3-00 a bottle and loads to choose from.

Been on them myself for quite some time now.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:47   #36
God Member

I've already mentioned that one Pete, its called Bluntzilla, next to the hope and anchor, they are very helpful in there, i got a chocolate liquid and a strawberry/menthol liquid from them
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 10:54   #37
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if you look up the forum on their webiste under offers or on twitter theres a daily code that gets between 11 - 20 % off purchases .The friday code is used for saturday as well.resellers dont do these dicounts and are more expensive than buying direct

totally wicked also deliver stuff ordered by phone at least as i have had emergency supplies sent out when i havnt been able to get to blackburn

i mix my own liquid its a lot cheaper and have been ciggy free for 9 months maybe more but i still have nicotine in mine but reducing it gradually
You were the first person , accyman , I saw using an E-Cig . And thanks for letting me know about them .

After 50 years of smoking cigarettes I haven't had a fag since three months today . I bought an E-Cig at Bluntzilla and actually enjoy it more than cigarettes which I haven't missed one little bit .

I have noticed that there are plenty of places now where they are being sold . I am a little wary of the contents of the fluid being sold by some of them though . I bought a bottle from a local shop and there is nothing on the bottle other than the name of the flavour . The box it's in gives no name of any manufacturer .

What I bought from Bluntzilla has been fine , but I have decided to use Vapour Zone on Henry St which has already been mentioned on this thread . They specialize in E-Cigs and the liquids .

I'm ok with the E-Cig , so am I being a bit paranoid and does anyone know of someone who has had health problems with these new gadgets ?
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 11:41   #38
God Member

If you want to know what is in them look here -

E-cigarette - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main ingredient is also in antifreeze and de-icers.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 11:54   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I'll go for recipe 1-less chemicals, more nicotine. And this time of year I need antifreeze.
The prices are ridiculous, though( E cigs in particular)- are there other makes less expensive?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 12:00   #40
God Member

PS - a bit more webrowsing reveals that manufacturers differ in what they use.
So it may well be wise to avoid using any 'made in China'

Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diethylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Polyethylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 16:48   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
You were the first person , accyman , I saw using an E-Cig . And thanks for letting me know about them .

After 50 years of smoking cigarettes I haven't had a fag since three months today . I bought an E-Cig at Bluntzilla and actually enjoy it more than cigarettes which I haven't missed one little bit .

I have noticed that there are plenty of places now where they are being sold . I am a little wary of the contents of the fluid being sold by some of them though . I bought a bottle from a local shop and there is nothing on the bottle other than the name of the flavour . The box it's in gives no name of any manufacturer .

What I bought from Bluntzilla has been fine , but I have decided to use Vapour Zone on Henry St which has already been mentioned on this thread . They specialize in E-Cigs and the liquids .

I'm ok with the E-Cig , so am I being a bit paranoid and does anyone know of someone who has had health problems with these new gadgets ?
I get headaches from mine when the battery runs low-because I kind of inhale too hard, when it isn't giving me the usual sensation. But I've tried to solve that by never letting it run low!
Ingredients are listed on the website where mine's from and the shop assistant talked me through it before I began using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I'll go for recipe 1-less chemicals, more nicotine. And this time of year I need antifreeze.
The prices are ridiculous, though( E cigs in particular)- are there other makes less expensive?
The one I have I checked-they're £45 for two batteries, a filter, spare liquid holders, e-liquid and a battery charger (plug and USB). I've not looked at any other brands so not sure how they compare, although I know my partner is always on the website as they have sales often-he probably bought mind on discount.
Old 15-02-2013, 19:03   #42
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sounds like swapping one addiction for another.
Old 15-02-2013, 19:40   #43
JCB

Thanks for the info Margaret and sugarmouse .
Sunflower49 likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 06:08   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Sounds like swapping one addiction for another.
It's the SAME addiction even lol just a different method!
I do feel better for not smoking, though. I didn't expect to notice a difference (because I didn't smoke much compared to most smokers) but I did.

I hate the scent of smoke too, so I'm happier now I don't have that.
Old 16-02-2013, 09:55   #45
Senior Member+

The people I know that have them don't use them for long before they are back on the real thing

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..