Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 20:34   #1
I am Banned

Sense of Humor

Well, I am sorry to say it but I denote a distinct lack of a sense of humor amongst the folk who frequent Accrington Web. It's a pity because there is so much more fun in repartee involving a modicum of laughs. Now I'll probably get attacked by all an sundry. I've really put the pigeon amongst the cats. Any Indians out there looking for feathers?
steve2qec likes this.
Tesco Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2013, 20:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Sense of Humor

Aren`t you a busy bee recently, not noticed much to laugh at in your posts, but never mind, maybe you could start soon, just leave out the extreme racism and you might get a better response from everyone.
Stevie R likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 21:03   #3

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

The smallest billy goat Gruff was the first to get to the bridge. Trip-trap, trip-trap went his hooves as he walked across the bridge.

"Who's that trotting over my bridge?" growled the troll. "Billy goat Gruff," the little goat replied. "I'm going to the mountain to eat the tasty green grass."

"Oh no you're not. I'm going to gobble you up for my breakfast," laughed the troll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (7.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-07-2013, 23:09   #4
Senior Member+

Ive seen people get banned from other forums for making as many threads as tesco has in such a short period of time
BERNADETTE likes this.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 00:36   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Ive seen people get banned from other forums for making as many threads as tesco has in such a short period of time
I like the way you're thinking
Old 13-07-2013, 06:57   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I like the way you're thinking
So what do you you all want: a little group of yes men and women. Your grey matter would ossify. Can't you stand contrary opinions? Can't you conceive of the possibility that your ideas need a bit of a tweak and that you might just see something new or challenging.
Old 13-07-2013, 06:57   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Now that would be very funny.!
Old 13-07-2013, 07:24   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesco Rambler View Post
So what do you you all want: a little group of yes men and women. Your grey matter would ossify. Can't you stand contrary opinions? Can't you conceive of the possibility that your ideas need a bit of a tweak and that you might just see something new or challenging.
It is all very well having contrary opinions......but it isn't OK to post your views in such an inflammatory and confrontational way....because this is what Trolls do.
This is the first time I have responded to one of your threads.
Why might that be? I like a good discussion, I like diversity.......I'm certainly no 'YES' woman.

I'll tell you why...I have a belief, that if you do not feed trolls they bu88er off, and peddle their mischief somewhere else.

Finished now.
Eric, BERNADETTE, Gremlin and 1 others like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 08:00   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
See Margaret's post below and you will see that isn't the case. Problem is users like yourself have driven away quite a few members.
Old 13-07-2013, 08:03   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is all very well having contrary opinions......but it isn't OK to post your views in such an inflammatory and confrontational way....because this is what Trolls do.
This is the first time I have responded to one of your threads.
Why might that be? I like a good discussion, I like diversity.......I'm certainly no 'YES' woman.

I'll tell you why...I have a belief, that if you do not feed trolls they bu88er off, and peddle their mischief somewhere else.

Finished now.
First, you are swearing and that could get you a warning as I understand it.
Oh dear,Oh dear, I have just written elsewhere that I am of ------- ancestry and my forbares may have been transported to Australia for stealing a slice of Hovis and now toy link me with: 'A troll is a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore.' At this rate I will end up with a split-personality.
Old 13-07-2013, 08:15   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
See Margaret's post below and you will see that isn't the case. Problem is users like yourself have driven away quite a few members.
I am sorry, but I do not believe that stating strong arguments (without swearing or personal abuse) would drive people away. These are exceptional times and the three generations of traitor politicians have stifled the discussion of the single most important issue facing this nation. They have used the 'racist' card and the 'Nazi' card to make it appear that anyone who wishes to question the current direction of immigration policy in this country can be freely abused and villified. The success of these excuses for 'the great and the good' has been remarkable and millions are now afraid to discuss either their concerns or to stand up for their heritage. I am not. What do you want to do ban me for an opinion genuinely held. Who is the fascist then?
Old 13-07-2013, 08:25   #12
Senior Member+

I mean the fanatical and the moronic users. KesX drove quite a few people away with his over the top obsession with drug use. I think I myself drove somebody away years ago because they didn't like that I thought God didn't exist and that religion on a whole is evil(especially those white religions )

You didn't strong argument. Just your opinion which was shared in an obnoxious and disgusting racist-like manner. You will find over the years. People that have done this usually snap at some point and are swiftly banned and good riddance too.

Oh. I don't stand up for my heritage. I am human. That is my heritage. I Don't give a damn if I am White or English. Not a popular view. But I often don't stand up for my heritage because the majority of humans are just trash, no matter what race, colour or heritage we are a plague on this planet.

There are a few good people in this world and they are hard to find. Some of which, can be found on accringtonweb.
Old 13-07-2013, 08:36   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:

You didn't strong argument.
Grammar nazis on the way ?

Last edited by Restless; 13-07-2013 at 08:41.
Old 13-07-2013, 08:39   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
At this rate I will end up with a split-personality.
DId the shrink not say yeh had one?
Restless likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..