Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2017, 12:41   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Not Smoking.

My husband went cold turkey and he has been off cigarettes for oh...about 30 years, but he still says there are times when he could murder a fag.
Hope they are looking after you Margaret...and hope your longings disappear too.
Good to see you have access to accyweb...even if there is nothing you want to post on, you can still keep your eye on us. we aren't good if left unsupervised for too long
Eric and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2017, 14:55   #47
Always EVIL within us

Can I give a little of my history for anyone that is interested or keen to pack in the weed? I had been a heavy smoker for over 40 years. At my peak I was getting through up to 70 ciggies a day At my best, I was down to a mere 30 a day.
Around the late 90's I gave up by using patches. This worked for three months until one night I convinced myself I was a "non-smoker" and promptly bought a pack of 10 and lit one. No logic and I threw 9 of them out of the car window in disgust - - only to stop at the next tobacconist

A few months later, tried again with patches only to find that my skin was now showing a bad reaction to plasters or plastic BUT I KNEW THAT NON-SMOKING WAS ACHIEVABLE!!
Time after time, I kept trying using all the new innovations as they came on the market. I finally achieved my goal using pastilles (way over maximum dosage) but my stomach was reacting badly to them (diarrhea and flatulence) I moved on to mini tablets and then those small squares of gel that dissolve in the mouth. (Difficult when driving to get them out of their packaging)
Finally, Nicorette brought out a mouth spray which is perfect but expensive (On promotion at Asda's at the moment for £12-00)
After 9 years of non-smoking, I am still addicted to nicotine but no longer associate nicotine with cigarettes

I am not smug, it was extremely hard to stop but I am proud of my achievement.
My advice to Less and all those others that want to stop is;
A) After being unsuccessful, try again soon afterwards AND---
B) Make use of all the methods now on the supermarket shelves.

Good luck.
Eric and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 20-02-2017, 15:16   #48
Beacon of light

Well Done Busman.
When my husband first gave up, he put all the money he would have spent on fags into a jar and bought himself some fancy alloy wheels for his car(something he had been hankering after for a long time).
Having the savings visible was a huge motivator for him...and with his continued savings he bought me my first car.

You are right not to be smug. it is only a msall step from being a non smoker to lighting up a fag.
Himself says that there have been many times he has been tempted to lapse.
Old 20-02-2017, 18:26   #49
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post
Can I give a little of my history for anyone that is interested or keen to pack in the weed? I had been a heavy smoker for over 40 years. At my peak I was getting through up to 70 ciggies a day At my best, I was down to a mere 30 a day.
Around the late 90's I gave up by using patches. This worked for three months until one night I convinced myself I was a "non-smoker" and promptly bought a pack of 10 and lit one. No logic and I threw 9 of them out of the car window in disgust - - only to stop at the next tobacconist

A few months later, tried again with patches only to find that my skin was now showing a bad reaction to plasters or plastic BUT I KNEW THAT NON-SMOKING WAS ACHIEVABLE!!
Time after time, I kept trying using all the new innovations as they came on the market. I finally achieved my goal using pastilles (way over maximum dosage) but my stomach was reacting badly to them (diarrhea and flatulence) I moved on to mini tablets and then those small squares of gel that dissolve in the mouth. (Difficult when driving to get them out of their packaging)
Finally, Nicorette brought out a mouth spray which is perfect but expensive (On promotion at Asda's at the moment for £12-00)
After 9 years of non-smoking, I am still addicted to nicotine but no longer associate nicotine with cigarettes

I am not smug, it was extremely hard to stop but I am proud of my achievement.
My advice to Less and all those others that want to stop is;
A) After being unsuccessful, try again soon afterwards AND---
B) Make use of all the methods now on the supermarket shelves.

Good luck.
You are one of the most smuglest people I have ever met, however I am back on fags, I am comfortable being back on fags, I hate not being on fags, the biggest mistake I have made recently was to consider giving up fags.

Life is back to normal, if, when, I'm dumped in a home like MargaretR I'm told to give up I'll act like a schoolchild and find a bike shed or it's modern day equivalent, and smoke away to the disgust of those that claim they know better.

Excuse me now, I'm off for my freedom of choice, a fag.
Eric and hilleluk like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 19:50   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

The topic may be a bit of a dull stub Less,but at least it provided for the opening of the comments....which have turned out to be slightly more interesting

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 18:09   #51
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Looks like "Nanny" is stepping up its' purge on the faggerists again!

Smoking law and cigarette ban to change in May | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Although "Nanny" is applying swingeing measures on the goodly folk of UK, (and at the same time conveniently lining their pockets) the master puppeteers pulling the strings are .....

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Commission calls for Smoke Free Europe by 2012
Old 19-03-2017, 18:30   #52
Beacon of light

Well now, what a surprise.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:51   #53
Junior Member+

I lost count how many times I'd quit cigs. Longest was 3 years but caved in at mums funeral, its a bast'*d addiction. Switched to vaping 3 years ago, not ideal but comfortable with it. Worth doing if only to stop the house/car/clothes/me smelling like an ashtray. )
Chris Cross is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..