Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2018, 16:11   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Banned from hyndburn chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Are these rules the same as the AccyWeb forum?
The rules I posted are AccyWeb rules, there is a link in my signature to them.
Old 21-01-2018, 16:15   #32

Didn't realise that...posting and watching the football at the same time...not good
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 18:35   #33
Senior Member+

Never once did say I was correct - just the way myself (and others) believed to be true
Old 21-01-2018, 18:36   #34
Senior Member+

Placate all you want - doesn't change the fact my banning was bullpoop
Old 22-01-2018, 05:30   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

There are a few local Facebook groups beside Hyndburn Chat. A few of them were created by people who were removed from Hyndburn Chat for one thing or another and they have all but vanished. A couple of them have grown to 2000+ members. One, in particular, is where those removed from Hyndburn Chat often join. If I have doubts about the moderation in Hyndburn Chat I go and have a read through this particular group. They have many threads just moaning about people being removed from Chat, the nastiness towards Chat admins soon comes out and I'm reminded we really don't want those people so we did the right thing.

I almost feel sorry for the creator of that group, she made a big thing about it wouldn't be like Chat and people wouldn't be removed for their comments. A few months ago the anti-Hyndburn Chat comments were taking over that group so she said there would be no more posts about it. Her insistence that people wouldn't be banned has put her in the position where she can't keep order and they have ignored her and continue with their silly nastiness. It's a shame because the vast majority in the group are good folk just wanting to talk about where they live.

The same would and has happened in here. People are removed for nasty comments towards others, swearing, repeated trolling, spamming etc.
Old 22-01-2018, 08:15   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nobody on here to my knowledge is bitching about the reasons for removal!! the issue to me is giving people a reason for removal. yeh can go around the houses all yeh want, but telling someone seems pretty straight forward to me.
Restless likes this.
Old 22-01-2018, 10:21   #37

At one time or another we all make typos when typing. However, it's difficult to see how an N can be typed instead of an L because the letters are not side by side on a keyboard. And the relevance to this thread? Someone knows.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 13:28   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
At one time or another we all make typos when typing. However, it's difficult to see how an N can be typed instead of an L because the letters are not side by side on a keyboard. And the relevance to this thread? Someone knows.
Michael, its not diffcult at all to hit the wrong key, I've been bashin these keys for over 35 years and I still cant type, I have to watch my firts two fingers all the time, and I still keep hitting wrong keys, my daughters amaze me when I watch them typin whilst reading from notes, I must be a keyboard dyslexic, I have to keep mumbling what I want to type. an my flamin great fingers can hit 4 keys at once.
and these dammed things give me night mares :::;;;''',,,""", I call em
twiddly bits
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 15:38   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Michael, its not diffcult at all to hit the wrong key, I've been bashin these keys for over 35 years and I still cant type, I have to watch my firts two fingers all the time, and I still keep hitting wrong keys, my daughters amaze me when I watch them typin whilst reading from notes, I must be a keyboard dyslexic, I have to keep mumbling what I want to type. an my flamin great fingers can hit 4 keys at once.
and these dammed things give me night mares :::;;;''',,,""", I call em
twiddly bits
But how do you automatically hit the formatting buttons every post

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 22-01-2018, 15:51   #40
Senior Member+

Was told today it probably wasn't frank or any of the group creators that banned me. So quite frankly hyndburn chat has an admin that is a badmin. Needs addressing or bans should be approved temporarily disabling the person to post. Although i agree with what you say i find it irrelevant Defending their actions as a badmin makes you as bad as them.

Nobody should be banned without a warning unless content was really negative and severe. Especially one should not be banned for simply questioning the harshness of a ban - then not warned. Again. If you agree with the banning your as bad as them. That's the way i see it anyway

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
cashman likes this.
Old 22-01-2018, 18:13   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I had no idea what the reason for the ban was, if the reason you give is correct, then thats what i call "Petty" and "Pathetic"
Restless likes this.
Old 22-01-2018, 21:26   #42
Senior Member+

It was like this.....

John Doe posts a new post to hyndburn chat

Quote:
I have taken up exercise this year and to help with that I bought a fitbit - must be helping as it states I have wanked 5 miles already
A few comments that consisted of light humour followed and I found a few mins later that the post was removed and I found John Doe was banned

So I thought thats a bit drastic and posted

Quote:
Surely John Doe could've stayed?
within a couple of minutes I was banned
Old 22-01-2018, 21:57   #43

You have failed to mention that you also repeated this "typo". I have seen the screenshot that was posted on the rival Hyndburn Chatters page.
Restless likes this.

Last edited by Michael1954; 22-01-2018 at 22:02.
Old 22-01-2018, 22:50   #44
Senior Member+

My comment was “check back in when you have wanked 100 miles”

Like I said - comments of light humor followed. Didn’t have time for every detail!

Anyways Neil has resolved this issue for me......
Old 22-01-2018, 22:59   #45

Back on Chat? Problem solved!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..