Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2018, 22:18   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Banned from hyndburn chat

Indeed
Old 24-01-2018, 02:02   #47

Groucho Marx once said it best:

"I would never be a member of any club that would accept ME as a member".
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 00:23   #48
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
But how do you automatically hit the formatting buttons every post

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Formating buttons, eh, aint geet any o them, this keyboard is nearly as old as you, it was specially made when WorsStar was the word processor of the day, it a heck of a lot bigger than modern keyboards, and I look after it, the keys are covered with cling film to protect it from dust and other stuff.
When I am doing my WW1 stuff I'm on another computer, the OS of which is DOS 6, no time wasting mousies, keys only. I know what your thinking before you say it, but there are 1000's like me across the world who still use it, and think its far superior to any of Gill Bates crap, and most of them are film script writers, and authors in the best seller lists as well, the WordStar group have their own web site.

Last edited by Retlaw; 25-01-2018 at 00:28.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 07:29   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Formating buttons, eh, aint geet any o them, this keyboard is nearly as old as you, it was specially made when WorsStar was the word processor of the day, it a heck of a lot bigger than modern keyboards, and I look after it, the keys are covered with cling film to protect it from dust and other stuff.
When I am doing my WW1 stuff I'm on another computer, the OS of which is DOS 6, no time wasting mousies, keys only. I know what your thinking before you say it, but there are 1000's like me across the world who still use it, and think its far superior to any of Gill Bates crap, and most of them are film script writers, and authors in the best seller lists as well, the WordStar group have their own web site.
I think I meant formatting options

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 25-01-2018, 08:01   #50
Senior Member+

Are you telling me yours doesnt light up when you listen to ella fitzgerald ?

Well anyway.... that is pretty cool - ultimately better than using windowsXP....hell i have 2 spectrums here

Old 25-01-2018, 10:33   #51
Beacon of light

Wow Rob!
I like that...I really like it.
Restless likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 13:01   #52
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Are you telling me yours doesnt light up when you listen to ella fitzgerald ?

Well anyway.... that is pretty cool - ultimately better than using windowsXP....hell i have 2 spectrums here

Sorry Restless me owd chucky buttie, bud id ony ez two red lights caps lock an scroll lock, and as for yon Ell wotsit, never heard of her, we don't have a radio in our house, an I definitely don't listen to garglers, in fact I don't think there's been any decent music written since Rackmarinove an Rymsky Corsets off died, an tele gets muted if any o them cat gut twangers, an tin can bangers come on, just tu see which on em can make the most noise, I do occasionally like a bit of Mantovani, and some times Johan Sebastius, or yon Sebeylius fella, Now Mozart he could write music, Magic Flute, flight of the Bumble Bee. James Galway playing, nowt better.
Old 25-01-2018, 15:12   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
When I am doing my WW1 stuff I'm on another computer, the OS of which is DOS 6, no time wasting mousies, keys only. I know what your thinking before you say it, but there are 1000's like me across the world who still use it, and think its far superior to any of Gill Bates crap.....
I always thought MS-DOS was Microsoft which is Bill Gates unless you are using one of the other DOS 6 clones
Old 25-01-2018, 15:12   #54
Senior Member+

I thought I'd choose something you might've heard.... next time I'll do it to nine inch nails for you haha
Old 25-01-2018, 15:14   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I always thought MS-DOS was Microsoft which is Bill Gates unless you are using one of the other DOS 6 clones

For the most part it was
Old 25-01-2018, 15:38   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I couldn't imagine using a DOS box now for my everyday computing. I've 3 monitors, 2 landscape and one portrait. I've 2 browsers open and shed loads of tabs. Spotify, WhatsApp, a programming tool, sniping tool and some other stuff.

DOS belongs in the past but we actually have 5 DOS computers at work controlling production equipment and they were only installed new on new equipment about 2007
Old 25-01-2018, 16:16   #57
I am Banned

Quote:
I never mentioned MS, there were many others including DR DOS 6
Old 25-01-2018, 16:26   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
I couldn't imagine using a DOS box now for my everyday computing. I've 3 monitors, 2 landscape and one portrait. I've 2 browsers open and shed loads of tabs. Spotify, WhatsApp, a programming tool, sniping tool and some other stuff.

DOS belongs in the past but we actually have 5 DOS computers at work controlling production equipment and they were only installed new on new equipment about 2007
So if they are doing their job controlling the machines why change.
Every time gill bates breaks wind, every body rushes out his latest crap
Old 25-01-2018, 17:09   #59
Senior Member+

As PC gamer unfortunately have to use his operating system - linux is in no way shape or form suitable for gaming

Quite interesting actually is the dos6 i dont know much about it
Old 25-01-2018, 17:11   #60
Senior Member+

I had a PC I assembled myself which ran TRS-DOS.
The O/S was on a 5.25 floppy disk and program on another.
I wrote a small program to teach children arithmetic on it around 1980.
Eventually converting it to run a two metre radio packet system.
Nowadays I’m happy to leave the technical stuff to the professionals and be content using my Mac or Toshiba windows PC,s.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..