Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > WillowTheWhisp
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

a little bit of a somewhere for me to ramble on more than usual
  1. Old Comment

THE OP !!!

Re: THE OP !!!

Busman told me while we were away that you'd had the op and were home again. I couldn't believe it was so quick. Good to hear it went ahead as planned and that everything went OK. It sounds like it was quite an ordeal at the time but worth it in the end.
  2. Old Comment

Blackpool at last

Re: Blackpool at last

What a let down! Especially as you'd rung up and they said there were plenty of beds.
  3. Old Comment

Lament......

Re: Lament......

I totally understand what you are saying Lettie. Not long ago we watched a TV program about children who had been born prematurely and in a lot of cases the parents said that the child's life had been an existence rather than a life and that it would probably have been kinder for them not to have survived. It was terrible to see all the awful disabilities both mental and physical which they had to endure. There are times for medical expertise to interfere with nature and there are times when nature should be left alone and I think this is definitely one of them.

It must be awful for the parents and difficult for the medical staff trying to help them to cope with it. I can relate to this especially just now as whilst we were away a friend had to go through the process of giving birth to her 7 month baby which had died. There is absolutely nothing I feel capable of saying. To lose a baby is a devastating experience but I cannot imagine what it can be like to actually go through the birth knowing that at the end of it there will be no living baby to hold.

I'm sure you must have many tragic experiences in your job along with the joyful ones and it must be very difficult to deal with them.
  4. Old Comment

Eeewwwww!!!!!!

Re: Eeewwwww!!!!!!

What a shame you didn't get to enjoy the evening.

Busman and I had been hoping to get to this as we'd been looking forward to it and he'd actually turned down a job that evening in the hope that we'd have moved all his stuff up here by then and have the evening free. No such luck! We were still at it on Monday! Best laid plans and all that nonsense.

Hope you're feeling better now.
  5. Old Comment

A bit more...Everyone's out to get you.

Re: A bit more...Everyone's out to get you.

What's the business A-b?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..