Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > slinky
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

the life of me
  1. Old Comment

Oh God Help Me Sleep!!

Another one for you is Lanes Quiet Life tablets......I used to use these when I was on night duty. They worked for me...but you do need to take three an hour before you go to bed.
    Posted 29-01-2008 at 16:54 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  2. Old Comment

Oh God Help Me Sleep!!

Cheers Rindy, yeah they are the herbal ones??

I think I might give them a try!! everything is worth trying when in desperation
  3. Old Comment

Oh God Help Me Sleep!!

Same here. Not sleeping is a nightmare. Well not really a nightmare, as you can't get to sleep to have one.

I hate drugs, but Kalms sometime help. You can buy them at the chemists, and they are natural.
  4. Old Comment

Oh God Help Me Sleep!!

ahh poor slinks ya have my sympathy,n if it makes ya feel any better, ive had sleep problems for yrs, you are not alone.
  5. Old Comment

Mad saturday's

Oh No Slinky, I wasn't being critical. I would do it in a flash if i thought my old creaky knees would stand it....and I would mind if it gave someone a laugh.
    I get the point about the blades on ice skates OUCH!
    Posted 26-01-2008 at 20:29 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  6. Old Comment

Mad saturday's

Don't get me wrong Margaret!! I said 30/40 year old.... I'm more on the 30 side myself, but I can think of better things to do with my saturday mornings than making an Arse of myself in front of approx 200 strangers lol.

And yes I guess roller blading/booting is similar to Ice skating!! Only thing is, you don't get your fingers chopped off with a roller boot and when you fall... you tend to stop, instead of skiding another 3 mile then hitting a very hard board with your head

Its all very amusing anyway
  7. Old Comment

Mad saturday's

Slinky, I am not sure about the guts and determination of the older adults.
    i always wanted roller blades....My daughter bought them for my 50th birthday....she said it was the best laugh ever....but I did master them, and surprisingly didn't fall too often. I'm sure ice skating is along similar lines......and even now at 60 I would give it a go...though hubby says 'Old bones break easily, and take a long time to mend'
    You see, I don't actually see myself as 'old'.
    Posted 26-01-2008 at 19:54 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  8. Old Comment

Been a while ........

testing testing 123
  9. Old Comment

public transport

Re: public transport

That'll teach you for getting on a bus lol.
  10. Old Comment

Bathing the Cat

Re: Bathing the Cat

LMAO Cats with attitude!!! my cat has attitude and a couple of week ago kicked ten bells out of a Staff dog for coming into the back garden and growling at my dog lol.......the staff left quickly.
  11. Old Comment

Pride.

Re: Pride.

AWWWW a baby!!!! welldone Grego and Lettie you are obviously a GLOWING auntie!!!!! ;-)
  12. Old Comment

leahs last week

Re: leahs last week

So sorry to hear about this. Poor doggy. :-(
  13. Old Comment

R.I.P Spike

Re: R.I.P Spike

I am sooo sorry to read this, and keep wiping my eyes because they are full of tears. I have a cat myself that I love sooo bloody much!!! I can only imagine what you are going through. R.I.P spike!!! Poor cat
  14. Old Comment

A Decade On My Own

Re: A Decade On My Own

That was tear jerking to say the least. XXXXXXXXX and now I am lost for words ( which you should be very proud of )
  15. Old Comment

Giving up smoking today!!

Re: Giving up smoking today!!

Good luck!!! It's easy giving up smoking!! i have done it loads of time :-)
  16. Old Comment

No decision.

Re: No decision.

Sooooo sorry Lettie!! The decision was made for you mate!! which hopefully will make it a little easier for you.
  17. Old Comment

Bubble burst.

Re: Bubble burst.

AWW Lettie, I'm so very sorry to hear that. Poor thing!!........my dog is also getting old now, and I dread the day I have to face this!! I'm such a wimp when it comes to my animals. I actually think i can deal better with humans being ill, probably a occupational hazard of mine. But when it comes to animals..........I just cry.
  18. Old Comment

To strike or not to strike

Re: To strike or not to strike

Oh bloody hell HR.....aren't them kind of days awful...........but dont let the buggers grind you down.........stick to what you want, and not what others expect of you!!
  19. Old Comment

Something to look forward to.

Re: Something to look forward to.

My friend is 8 days over due, and getting very impatient now. She has tried everything to get that little girl moving....but....looks like another stubborn baby. She had a membrane sweep yesterday,but, to no avail.

So maybe she could be one of your patients tonight with any luck...
  20. Old Comment

A day at B.V.H.

Re: A day at B.V.H.

Glad it went well. Sounds a little too painful for me. You must be brave....I think I would just have cried.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..