Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > slinky
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

the life of me
  1. Old Comment

Limbo 2

Re: Limbo 2

Hope you feel better soon. I think margaret is right, anti-climax after xmas, having to return to work, getting on top of the bills again after all the spending....... it's enough to send anyone into depression.
  2. Old Comment

Alien abduction.

Re: Alien abduction.

OMG!! I used to suffer with the same problem. The bed takes on a world of its own and starts spinning around the bedroom.
    I have actuually took time out to solve this. I usually leave my t.v on standby, and I found that if I just stare at the little red light, my bed stops dancing round the room, and, I can finally fall asleep with no spinning, and no sick!!!! good eh??
  3. Old Comment

Cat........astrophe 2

Re: Cat........astrophe 2

OMG I wish I hadn't read this blog now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor kitty.
  4. Old Comment

The time has come...

Re: The time has come...

I had a real tree for three years running. Yes they look very good at the beginning, and smell lovely first thing in a morning when you first get up BUT.......BUT........after a few days when the central heating has dried them out, they droop, look brown and miserable and smell bad. Then when you take them out after the new year, you are still finding pine needles under crevices in summer......................so last year i went to B&Q and bought a artificial one, that looks lovely, shapes to anyway you like, and will stay in that position all christmas. And goes away in a box at the end of it with no effort at all really.
  5. Old Comment

Bits and bobs...

Re: Bits and bobs...

I know what you mean about having chapped hands. I suffer from the same thing with having to wash my hands permanently at work. All the backs get cracked, and the finger joints ouch!!!!!
    I suppose the only good thing about my job in winter is, it's always warm in nursing homes hehehe!!! beats a factory any day in winter. Only my skin always suffers in winter, with walking in the cold to get to work, then roasting while i'm working, my skin doesn't know if it's coming or going and i usually end up with spots.
  6. Old Comment

Nosey beggar....

Re: Nosey beggar....

that brings back some memories for em too!! must be a kid thing.
  7. Old Comment

Yawn...........

Re: Yawn...........

awww poor love!!!!! hope he is better soon. There are a lot of sick and diarrhea bugs going around and the moment.
  8. Old Comment

Rest in Peace, my Jettie

Re: Rest in Peace, my Jettie

That was lovely, and had me in tears. Do you know how silly I look crying at a computer??......I only usually do that when it wont work!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss.................
  9. Old Comment

Conned.....

Re: Conned.....

Lmao very crafty.................... they learn young these days. When I was younger, my aunt used to look after us while my mum worked in the evening.
    I used to cry like mad that my mum was going to work, and my mum used to feel really guilty about leaving me. I would sit at my mums ankles sobbing "please mummy don't leave me". 2 seconds after my mum had left, my auntie would have me down the shop buying sweets. I loved staying with my aunt, she was goof fun and always took me to the shop, but I still cry for hours before my mum went to work, just to be hard work lol.
  10. Old Comment

Days off.

Re: Days off.

Oh good luck with the shift swap.......It's bloody hard work at times, like you said, no-one wants to swap a weekend off for a weekend in.

Bribery usually helps when there is no other option
  11. Old Comment

Don't read..........it's boring!!!

Re: Don't read..........it's boring!!!

Owww romps, I get excited over stupid things too!!!!! I hate this getting older malarkey...........it brings out the stupidity of us. I have a friend who has no children and a fancy foot loose life........she must think I'm a div.......but I wouldn't change a thing!!
  12. Old Comment

Part 5, conquered but never forgotten

Re: Part 5, conquered but never forgotten

Well done HR.................thats all I can say!!!! well done.
  13. Old Comment

SO CROSS................puke!

Re: SO CROSS................puke!

I go with margaret on this one, I would go hell for leather....................people die from these things.
    My mum is allergic to eggs, and all her throat swells up if she comes into contact with one.

I'd would have been spitting feathers.........grrrrr
  14. Old Comment

Part 4, pain, anger then conquer

Re: Part 4, pain, anger then conquer

Well done RED!!!! yet another good blog. You always me leave me on the edge of my seat, and definitely wanting more.
  15. Old Comment

Tiles!

Re: Tiles!

hehehehe poor baby......... ummmm maybe tinks will get some smart price things this year!!!! you know with her getting on a bit hehehe.
  16. Old Comment

confusion, contemplation and conquer....

Re: confusion, contemplation and conquer....

Awww red................. must have been a hard blogg to write, but I await what happened next!!!!!!!
  17. Old Comment

Jab day..again

Re: Jab day..again

I always had to get my mum to take mine to the doctors for jabs. If i had gone, I dont know who would have cried more, me or my baby!!!!

Have a nice nite on friday Romps you deserve it.
  18. Old Comment

Not My Season

Re: Not My Season

I too love winter..........curled up next to ginger, on a cold night, with the fire roaring and a nice warm drink. Watching the snow falling outside, and everything is crisp and white outside. The t.v is good too in winter!!
  19. Old Comment

Done it at last!

Re: Done it at last!

awwwww Romps, it's hard leaving them for the first time!!!!...................good luck with going back to work!!.

Good luck with the decorating too, I hate the mess it makes, but it is worth it in the end.
  20. Old Comment

What a fab evening!

Re: What a fab evening!

Lmao Romps, me and tinks are good at ann summers, we actually worked for them for a short while.
    IT WOULD be bloody funny though!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..