Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > West Ender
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

1. Old Comment

Pete at 24

Thank you both. Yes, I am proud of him, he's a credit to his mum and a thoroughly nice young man.
  2. Old Comment

Pete at 24

fair tugs at the heart strings......isn't it good to know that you have played a part in the development of this boy...into a talented young man?
    You must be very proud Cath.
    Posted 18-11-2009 at 18:37 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  3. Old Comment

Pete at 24

A lovely blog Cath
  4. Old Comment

A Cold Wreaking Havoc

Hope your feeling better by now Cath xxxx
  5. Old Comment

A Cold Wreaking Havoc

I know that feeling .. i was really rough when i got that cold .. turned to a chest infection .. and im still sneezing now .. 3 weeks later... get better soon westender ..
  6. Old Comment

Mrs Muscles

I feel slightly hungrier, Margaret, but I have a far too healthy appetite anyway and never lost it even when I was very ill. I'm afraid, due to my lack of serious activity, I've put on an awful lot of weight so I'm hoping with more energy I can get back to long walks and digging the garden - and lose some of this damned fat.
  7. Old Comment

Mrs Muscles

Yes Cath, it is the steroids that are giving you this wonderful feeling of well-being......has your appetite increased too?
    When I was nursing, we used to give a short course of steroids to patients who were feeling less than their best........and also those whose recovery was blighted by lack of appetite........they always worked......and in general patients reported to feeling better even when the steroids were finished.
    Glad they have helped you.
    (I think the kind of steroids taken by athletes are just a bit different......but if I see you scooting past my front room window at a great rate of knots, then I'll know I'm wrong )
    Posted 06-10-2009 at 12:44 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  8. Old Comment

More Trivia

they'll be buying a throw to chuck over it when he visits ..
  9. Old Comment

My Last Ginger - and The New One.

No idea where they got Otis. Could be Otis Redding but he's a bit before their time.
  10. Old Comment

hes lovely ... how did they come up with the name otis?
  11. Old Comment

Nik and Laura have gone to visit him tonight. I was running late and hadn't had my tea or I would have gone too. May go tomorrow......
  12. Old Comment

Oh what a handsome wee laddie.

I know that some women go nuts over babies, but give me cats or kittens every time.

I want to bury my face in his lovely soft fur.......aaaaaaah.
    Posted 02-10-2009 at 17:55 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  13. Old Comment

A New Family Memeber

I love the name, and I love ginger cats.......My mum had two ginger cats......both were as soft as your pocket, and soooo affectionate.
    I used to have a ginger stray which visited me for a good feed every couple of days and he was lovely too....alas all deceased now...please, please post some pic soon.
    Posted 01-10-2009 at 21:17 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  14. Old Comment

A New Family Memeber

They can stick to kittens for a while before they make me a great grandmother, thanks.
    The kitten has been named Otis.
  15. Old Comment

A New Family Memeber

God help us if they ever have a "human", best of luck with the kitten
  16. Old Comment

Trivia

Ive a visitor like yours .. except mines called thomas and hes grey with a white chest .. and hes used our house as his second home ... since he was first allowed out .. he had my mum wrapped round his paws ... and now he has spugs wrapped round em ...
  17. Old Comment
  18. Old Comment

Sad Events

Tragic
  19. Old Comment

Sad Events

Gareth's friends and his girlfriend have started a tribute page to him on Facebook. He was very popular as he was the sort of lad who was always laughing and cheerful, a lovely boy.
  20. Old Comment

Sad Events

Cath, I have a different belief system....and I am confident that he would have been walking into the arms of his beloved mother......his earthly life done....whatever he was here to do has been achieved, and Mum called him 'home'.
    There is not much comfort in death on this side of life, and words seem so hollow.........after all, there are no words to adequately describe what we want to convey...or if there are I don't know them.
    His remaining family will miss him, their lives have been enriched by his presence...so that is what they must console themselve with...for now.
    Posted 24-09-2009 at 07:48 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
    Updated 24-09-2009 at 07:51 by Margaret Pilkington

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..