Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > West Ender
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

1. Old Comment

Bessie

I can just picture Bessie in my minds eye
  2. Old Comment

Bessie

Cath, Again....I like it...it is warm and human.
    Posted 09-07-2009 at 21:34 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  3. Old Comment

Untitled 2

Agree with Marg Cath it is great
  4. Old Comment

Untitled 2

Cath, it is very hard to judge your own ability....but I have just finished reading the William Woodruff book......and in my estimation it is just as good.......it is believable, it transports you..it gives you a glimpse of the lives of our antecedents....does what a good book should do....that is leave you wanting more of it.
    Posted 09-07-2009 at 11:49 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  5. Old Comment

Untitled 2

You're very kind, Margaret, but I really don't know if it's good enough. I've got up to 1918 in the story and it's going to go to 1929, when my parents first met. It will take a fair time - I'm always going back and revising or rewriting bits - but even if the world doesn't want it, it will be a record for future generations. I have to imagine a lot of scenarios but the essential facts are all true.
  6. Old Comment

Untitled 2

Cath, you must persevere and continue to write this story.
    It is every bit as good as William Woodruffs 'Road to Nab End' and you should try and get it published once it is finished.
    I would certainly buy it.
    Posted 08-07-2009 at 21:17 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  7. Old Comment

Untitled

Mmmmm Cath, Rave reviews? Not rubbish then
    Posted 08-07-2009 at 12:23 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  8. Old Comment

Untitled

more more
  9. Old Comment

Untitled

tell em no more, if it gets published they wont buy it, if they read it here. good start cath.
  10. Old Comment

Untitled

go for it ...and agree with margaret more please!!!
  11. Old Comment

Untitled

Brilliant Cath you will have to let us know when it goes to print
  12. Old Comment

Untitled

Absolutely love it Cath......as Oliver said 'Can we have some more, Sir?'
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 21:15 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  13. Old Comment

Festivals, Scarecrows Etc.

Cath, I think you are biased......and should let someone else decide what is rubbish......and it is the impure rubbish we would probably enjoy most .

Thankyou for your vote of confidence on my ramblings too
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 19:12 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  14. Old Comment

Thank you, Marg (and may I also return the compliment?), but there are hundreds of the things. I get the "creative urge", sporadically, and write non-stop but it's probably at least 50% pure rubbish.
  15. Old Comment

Cath, you could always put the poems and stories on here as blog entries........I would enjoy reading them.....very much.
    Your blogs are a very entertaining read. I love them.
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 06:38 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  16. Old Comment

....The Conclusion

I experienced the same when I lived in Belthorn - there was no water either because the water pumps lost power too.Melting snow on an open fire is cosy.
    It snows up there even when there is none in Accy.
    The joys of country living
  17. Old Comment

....The Conclusion

memories are what makes life worth living Westender x
  18. Old Comment

Whitby

MORE MORE .....x
  19. Old Comment

First Flight

Loved it Cath....imagination(mine) is a wonderful thing.

I have flown many times......mostly long haul, but I love it......I never tire of the actual flying...but hate the airports and all that faffing about with security. Yes, I know it is important....but I just want to feel the speed at my back as we take off into the wide blue yonder.
    Posted 21-06-2009 at 09:09 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  20. Old Comment

Lymm May Queen

i agree with mrs p cath its a shame all the processions have gone, i remember walking with sacred heart through town i was so proud . so sad they gone forever.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..