Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > West Ender
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

1. Old Comment

Nostalgia

Those magical times aren't gone forever, they're there as long as you keep remembering them.
  2. Old Comment

Nostalgia

Oh Westender you have got me crying. Nobody can take those beautiful memories away
  3. Old Comment

Nostalgia

Isn't it amazing how music and perfume have the power to transport us....and let us relive the times that were important to us? Beautifully written West Ender....I can feel those wistful sad notes....and the tears too.
    Posted 12-04-2008 at 19:59 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  4. Old Comment

Breakdown

Oh I got my first dish washer in 2006. before then it was called PAUL!!

Before I got one I always thought that people with dish washers were very lazy!!

HOW WRONG WAS I?? god I love my dish washer like one of the kids..... and god forbid anything happens to it. If something does go wrong with it ( please god, don't let my baby go wrong) I will be straight on ti blower for another one!!
  5. Old Comment

Breakdown

My dishwasher is A 1943 MODEL.......there was no manual with it....i have to use psychology and coercion....it runs on cups of tea....and has been known to even put the pots and pans away....by the way it is called David (Dave).

Seriously, I hope you can get it fixed Cath.....we come to rely on our bits of equipment.
    Posted 28-01-2008 at 20:16 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  6. Old Comment

Gee, It was Fun in the Horse-pickle. part 2

Oh I really enjoyed that off to read the next one now.... can't wait hehehe
  7. Old Comment

Gee, It was Fun in the Horse-pickle. part 3

im glad your home cath......know how you feel ive been bad since the begining of december can't seem to shake it off ........good that at least you've got sorted out x x x
  8. Old Comment

Oooo yes you aim for that holiday in the sun

Hope you are back to full health soon xxxx
  9. Old Comment

Dignity......that's what you leave at the door when you go into hospital. I know it shouldn't be so, but that is the reality.
    I was on a benchmarking working group just before I retired and dignity was one of the things we looked at.
    I think where a lot of staff fall down is in not asking patients how they want things to be. Some people will be happy being transported to different departments in their dressing gown and slippers....though I do not think the auxiliaries should have been carrying on a conversation to which you were not party....and why two of them?

Anyway, i'll take off may nursing head now and say that I enjoyed your tales of the 'horsepickle'....just wish there had been more....no....I take that back. I'm glad you are better, and I hope you keep on improving....and that you get the OK to have a lovely relaxing time in Malta.

PS. Can you fit me in your bag?
    PPS......I know all about how folk view the occupants of wheelchairs!!!!!!!
    Posted 23-01-2008 at 17:42 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
    Updated 23-01-2008 at 17:44 by Margaret Pilkington
  10. Old Comment

Hehehehe... I've looked after a few Pats in the past and they are not necessarily old women. If you feel that the ward was short staffed then write to the chief exec and say so. Nobody listens to the staff when they complain about staffing, maybe patients will have better luck. :-)
  11. Old Comment

Not sure if it was really tasteful, but found myself laughing, oops, sorry

NURSE!! NURSE!!!
  12. Old Comment

I am waiting for the next episode......I am a sucker for Horsepickle drama's....is it going to get like ER....oooh I hope so!
    Posted 22-01-2008 at 19:39 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  13. Old Comment

Six month reprieve.

Re: Six month reprieve.

You are so brave to have it done without anaesthetic. I can stand the needles but I can't bear to think of drilling in an un-numbed mouth. Well done!
  14. Old Comment

A Decade On My Own

Re: A Decade On My Own

Perhaps it's not the done thing to comment on my own entry but I wanted to say thanks for the comments I've received and for the PMs. What you have said to me is comforting and very welcome. Many thanks.

Cath
  15. Old Comment

Real miracles do happen.

Re: Real miracles do happen.

Lovely story, Lettie. Sad to think of the termination of pregnancies not far off that stage. It's great to read a story like this and I wish mum and baby good luck and good health.
  16. Old Comment

flippin eck............

Re: flippin eck............

Ooooh I do sympathise. I have a "glass back" too. Not much fun, is it?
  17. Old Comment

Making the best of it..

Re: Making the best of it..

What a shame you didn't like Malta. I go twice a year and I love it - but I stay in Melieha, I'm not too fond of Buggiba. I do recommend the Villa Maré in "Geriatric Square" though. Wonderful lasagne.
  18. Old Comment

Not a lot....

Re: Not a lot....

Malta is my "second home". Enjoy!
  19. Old Comment

Looking on the bright side..

Re: Looking on the bright side..

Lettie, I compliment you on writing about your experience. You have obviously emerged from this a much stronger person and I'm glad for you.
  20. Old Comment

The Autumn Years

Re: The Autumn Years

Thanks for your comments, every one. Jet says thanks too, she's the Important One.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..