Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > Harwood Red's waffle
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

1. Old Comment

a paler shade of white

Oh I had this over xmas and new year too Not good. I got the " other end " first. Then when then went I got the vertigo feeling in my head for 24 hours. THEN I got the sickness.....my body won't do it all at once and enjoys making me suffer.
  2. Old Comment

a paler shade of white

no idea whether it was that novo thingy Mick but if it was we were lucky to get over it so lightly!! Glad you are better now
  3. Old Comment

a paler shade of white

Your lucky i had the novovirus over Christmas and it was both ends .
    i had half a tin of chicken soup for Christmas dinner and that did not stay down.
    i ended up at the docs on the 28th Dec and he gave me some stuff as i was loosing fluid fast.
    i had just been for a chest x-ray and the doc said that's where i caught it as they had to shut a ward at accy vic
    i also ended up with a really bad cough which does not go well with the runs
    it was that bad every-time i went to bed i was coughing and keeping myself and Anne awake so slept down stairs i pulled a muscle coughing and retching which hurt when i coughed, i could not eat for 3 days
    better now though .
    hope your both ok its a nasty bug to get.
    Updated 01-02-2008 at 08:08 by Mick
  4. Old Comment

a paler shade of white

Oh, what a nasty time you have both had.
    Hope you are both feeling better now.
    Posted 01-02-2008 at 07:40 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  5. Old Comment

Job Done!!

thanks for the comment derek but this blog entry was from 2 years ago, lol!!!!!!
  6. Old Comment

Job Done!!

Had a thought, the fact that you were apparently concerned about quite a few things could be half the reason you were feeling a bit down, so that begs the question, do you now feel a little better having achieved some weight loss and made a success of your presentation? I am glad things are going a little more your way, given recent form, even the footy cancellation may be a good thing. lol
  7. Old Comment

Day of reckoning...

Their loss.

The perfect position for your many talents will just appear out of the blue one day, when you least expect it.
  8. Old Comment

Day of reckoning...

Thanks for your kind comments, and know what you mean about the saving face Marg. Many people expected me to walk this job as it is pretty similar to what I do now but the more I have talked to people (as keep being asked if I got the job) the more I realise it probably wasn't the time for me.
  9. Old Comment

Day of reckoning...

sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but if it wasn't for more money, and you were only going to get a 'limited' challenge out of it...then you haven't exactly lost anything.
    I once knew of someone who went for a job not disimilar (inasmuch as it wouldn't have made much difference to her life materially, but maybe would have socially)...she didn't get the job and was really miffed about it...felt she had lost 'face' and all that....what she didn't know was that those who interviewed her knew of a job that was coming up in the future, which was better for her finanacially and had more kudos attached.......so she applied for that and got it....the ironic thing is, the person who got the job that she had originally applied for couldn't hack it and left after 3 months.

No Lesley....nothing lost......the cosmos has something better for you.
    Posted 17-01-2008 at 16:04 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  10. Old Comment

Day of reckoning...

I think that you have the right attitude, something better will probably come along, just make sure that you are in the right position to grab it.
  11. Old Comment

Day of reckoning...

Aww shame about the job, but at least they are taking note of what you do and are willing to look into the role you are currently in and as you said something better could come along Good Luck in the future
  12. Old Comment

no news is good news???

I have everything crossed for you.
  13. Old Comment

no news is good news???

No news is annoying, but try and forget about it...until Wednesday at least.

Ke sera, sera.
  14. Old Comment

no news is good news???

keep your fingers crossed girl.
  15. Old Comment

The Day of I....

equal ops my backside. I have not yet worked for a company that did not have a pretty good idea who they were going to give the job too when internal applicants were involved before the interviews.

Before my last internal interview I was given the nod that I was "high up the list" by the gaffer.
  16. Old Comment

Interview

I wonder if your bosses read your blog
  17. Old Comment

The Day of I....

I have everything crossed for you H.R.....you'll have to let us know how you fared. I will be on tenterhooks.
    Posted 10-01-2008 at 12:29 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  18. Old Comment

The Day of I....

What a hectic day!
    Fingers Crossed
  19. Old Comment

Interview

Oooh, Good luck HR. Hope you get the job.
  20. Old Comment

Interview

Fingers crossed.

You'd be so good for this job, as I told you.

Hope they too see how suitable you are.

Good luck. x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..