Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > Fly me to the moon
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

It's been a interesting 12 months, this time last year I was looking for a job and paid good money to go to Morocco to fly a Boeing 737-800 for 500 flight hours. As things turned out I was offered a job in July with a rival airline based in Casablanca, flying both the 737-800 and the older 737-400. So now I get home to Accrington and my Girl once a month for a week or so.
  1. Old Comment

A fuel leak.......

I like the way you all kept cool and didn't "Flap" LOL.
  2. Old Comment

A fuel leak.......

Talk about Dutch boys with their finger in the hole in the dyke... Yikes! What a tale. Thanks for this - I enjoyed reading
  3. Old Comment

A fuel leak.......

If your Spanner didn't use a big hammer he didn't do a proper job!
  4. Old Comment

A fuel leak.......

Si, It is always interesting to read what is going on in someone elses world.......come on in...pull up a chair and get yarning.
    It has been a bit lonely in here just me, talking to myself.
    Good blog by the way!
    Posted 04-05-2014 at 15:42 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  5. Old Comment
  6. Old Comment

Comming home, 5th July

enjoy your visit home and don't forget to tell these people just how much you miss them.
    I enjoyed your blog. I felt like I was there with you.
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 10:01 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
    Updated 07-07-2009 at 19:47 by Margaret Pilkington (typo)
  7. Old Comment

Conakry, Guniea

That was great ! you should write a book about your exploits !
  8. Old Comment

Conakry, Guniea

i really enjoyed reading that, what a nice day trip out in the open air you had lol
  9. Old Comment

Conakry, Guniea

So did I sounds exciting and scary at the same time
  10. Old Comment

Conakry, Guniea

me too marg, thought you were gonna say when you landed you were told it was just a pub brawl great read
  11. Old Comment

Conakry, Guniea

Oooh, what an interesting and exciting life you lead.
    I enjoyed that!
    Posted 17-06-2008 at 11:57 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  12. Old Comment

Coming Home tomorrow!!!

Really hope you get home soon to see your girl. sounds like you are really missing her ! best of luck.
  13. Old Comment

Having a Bloody cold when away from home

Thanks for your kind words and I will try the jug Margaret in the morning. Off to bead early as I feel rough.
  14. Old Comment

This may help you Boeing Guy.
    Try inhaling steam...if you have a pyrex jug put a couple of inches of boiling water in the bottom and place your nose and mouth over the opening(nose in the pouring place) and inhale the steam......do this every couple of hours.
    It will help flush out the mucus and kill off the virus....and get your pals to do the same now before they start with a full blown cold.
    Posted 09-03-2008 at 20:19 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  15. Old Comment

really hope you feel alot better in the morning. have a safe flight! I had a cold last week but it has gone now. We have 80 mph winds expected tomorrow , so watch out for them! good luck..
  16. Old Comment

Hope you are feeling better soon.
    It is bad enough feeling rough when you are home - at least there, you have someone to minister hot lemon and stuff.....but away from home.....no fun, no fun at all.
    Posted 09-03-2008 at 11:15 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..