Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > lettie
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

1. Old Comment

The Immac story.

Thanks for this-funny read!
    I'm adverse to anything 'immac-like' due to once giving myself a 'chemi-burn' due to it!Not nice!

There are no reasonable ways of getting rid of 'feminine' hair, I conclude.NONE! All have consequences that I blatantly DO NOT WANT!
  2. Old Comment

The Immac story.

I had a good laugh - thanks for this !
  3. Old Comment

The Immac story.

least you still walking lettie now...
  4. Old Comment

The Immac story.

Oh Lettie, that is on a par with Sparkies Olympic 'movement'...and my run in with the emjoi.
    age and coughing has done teerible things to my pelvic floor so my drawers are more than a bit 'damp'...they've had to be changed

More please!
    Posted 07-02-2014 at 11:53 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  5. Old Comment

The Immac story.

Dead funny Let.
  6. Old Comment

The perils of.....DIY beauty treatments

I tried doing DIY on my legs and Bikini area using a TRIA home laser hair removal device. I like yourself am not the best at DIY as my husband would tell you. Anyways to cut a long story short I made a right mess. I had hair in some places but not others and I always got a red rash near my private area. I know just go to the London Premier Laser Clinic to have it done professionally. Just wish it wasnt as expensive
  7. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cashman View Comment
    why yeh using crap like that? good lookin birds don't need it.
    A good looking bird comes in a roasting tin swimming in gravy & surrounded by tatties.

The truth about the penny pinching bottle of St. Moritz fake tan... It was actually Tango!
  8. Old Comment

get some latex gloves from the poundshop .. and a fake tan mitt from superdrug .. does save having the orange hands ...
  9. Old Comment

I agree with you Cashy......Pale and interesting, pale and interesting......but I'm glad lettie tried it, but from a purely selfish point of view....it gave me the best laugh I have had this week......sorry Lettie
    Posted 06-04-2012 at 16:43 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  10. Old Comment

why yeh using crap like that? good lookin birds don't need it.
  11. Old Comment

Never mind, the weather now means you won't be showing much flesh again for a while! Surprised you had any skin left on your hands after trying that lot on them!
    Updated 06-04-2012 at 16:01 by susie123
  12. Old Comment

Oh, Lettie...if you could see me now........I'm sat here with big fat dobrous tears of laughter coursing down my cheeks........you have really given my chuckle muscle a run for it's money today........I'm going to look for one of your posts and deliver you a chunk of Karma!

As for the Immac incident.......I hope it is going to be blogged and it is of laughalicious proportions(a bit on the style of my Hairy Mary blog)
    Posted 06-04-2012 at 14:36 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  13. Old Comment

Heatwave..

I agree with Cashy. Make the most of the lovely sunshine.

I'm with you on the line dried bedding though........lovely to snuggle down under sheets which smell of fresh air.

having said that, it has been too warm for me to snuggle down........I have been sleeping on top of the duvet for at least the last week.......something wrong with my internal thermostat
    Posted 28-03-2012 at 08:18 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  14. Old Comment

Heatwave..

yer doin right let, just chill n recover, enjoy yer jaunt to blackpool, yeh can do jobs anytime, but the sun, not quite as often.
  15. Old Comment

Gardening Leave.

As well as the Lodger possibilty sheds are also a target fer our wandering friends Let, Leave it aint a bad idea.
  16. Old Comment

Gardening Leave.

When you get back, it will feel like you have never been away........in oh........about half an hour.
    Enjoy the rest of your leave Lettie....and leave the blooming shed......if you tidy it out you may get a family of Romanians squatting in it.
    Posted 05-03-2012 at 20:38 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  17. Old Comment

Giving up

yeh got more will power n me Let, I once stopped fer 14 months (Mid 80s) The rest is history, Well Done.
  18. Old Comment

Giving up

Glad to hear that you have been successful in giving up the fags...it is hard to do.
    Himself stopped and started for several years before he finally kicked the habit.
    Even now he says there are times hwen he could happily light up and he has been stopped for about 30 years.
    Posted 22-02-2012 at 16:23 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline
  19. Old Comment

Recovery.

agree a few days away chilling if yeh can, Build up slowly Let, i got the T-shirt.
  20. Old Comment

Recovery.

Take your time Lettie....as AMP used to say 'hasten slowly'.
    It takes time....the cuts maybe small but the op was a biggish one....and inside takes time to recover....yes, I know I am preaching to the converted....working for the NHS isn't like working for M&S....no discount for the workers!
    Recuperate...see if you can get away for a few days...it'll do you a power of good.
    Posted 21-02-2012 at 14:59 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is offline

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..