Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Blogs > MargaretR
Donate! Join Today

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

1. Old Comment

escape arranged for tomorrow 16/5

good luck Margaret xx and hope you get settled in and sorted in the new place xxx
  2. Old Comment

Oh Margaret...I can't tell you how pleased I am to read this.
    I hope you will be happier and more settled in your new place.
    Well done for escaping.
    Posted 15-05-2018 at 19:33 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is online now
  3. Old Comment

Glad yer escape is on the cards Margaret, good luck.
  4. Old Comment

Escape plan started

Margaret, I have my fingers crossed for you and if that doesn't work...I think we might come and dig you an escape tunnel.
    Though, you might have to wait a couple of days as I am not feeling crash hot today.
    Something to do with a whole drawer of cutlery (including the fluted fruit spoons) attacking my face yesterday.
    Hang on in there...what was that song used by thenTony Blair campaign.....ah yes....Things can only get better!
    Rooting for you!
    Posted 20-04-2018 at 12:32 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is online now
  5. Old Comment

Living with zombies i.e. the living dead

As far as I can see, a lot of these homes are just waiting rooms for the dying.
    They(in the main) offer no real attempt at making life valid or enjoyable for the people in their care.
    It is a very sad state of affairs.
    When you get to the end of a useful and productive life, you should be able to rely on having some comfort.
    Posted 04-03-2018 at 12:42 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is online now
  6. Old Comment

Well i called it a nuthouse Matgaret And i dont give a stuff.
  7. Old Comment

Thanks for your messages. My son is very preoccupied at the minute with hospital admission of mother in law in Morecambe. She is older than me and has had both kidneys removed - cancer. Her husband needs help with visiting - he is even older and very frail. She has been having dialysis for a long time before this hosp admission - this now looks like she is near the end of her time.
    I am web searching myself and have sent for some brochures and info from other homes.
    I thought that some people would be offended by my calling them zombies.
  8. Old Comment

Don't see how your recounting things as you find them can be seen as offending. Bad practices & ineptitude should always be exposed & held up for what they are.

Hopefully you'll get your move soon to somewhere better.
  9. Old Comment

Hope yeh are moved from that nuthouse soon Margaret.
  10. Old Comment

Oh Margaret, what a shocking state of affairs. It sounds like something from the dark ages, doesn't appear that anything has improved since then. No one should be treated like this and you should be getting looked after with care and with consideration for your well-being. You should be treated with respect and dignity. The situation as it is is absolutely disgraceful.

I feel so very sorry for you, Margaret, and hope that your son can find a better Care place for you to go to very soon. Surely it would be an improvement on this horror story.
  11. Old Comment

Margaret, that's a terrible story. We read it but there's nothing we can do. God forbid it happens to me.
    Keep strong, it's all you can do. It shouldn't develop into this. You deserve more.
    Updated 03-03-2018 at 22:00 by Gordon Booth
  12. Old Comment

Oh Margaret, my heart bleeds for you.
    That someone who is intelligent, but needing physical care that cannot be delivered in a home environment, it is torture for you to be subjected to this substandard care...and whatever the CQC say...it IS substandard.

I hope your son does find you a different home that will look after you in the way you should be looked after.
    Posted 03-03-2018 at 19:23 by Margaret Pilkington Margaret Pilkington is online now
  13. Old Comment

Never too old to move house

Working ok for me
  14. Old Comment

Never too old to move house

I have 'enabled comments' but have been told that someone tried to comment and couldn't - I have told Mick there seems to be a problem. Thanks to the people who have PM'd me and 'liked'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..