Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 13:51   #31
Junior Member+

Re: wanted house swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1985 View Post
Hi Lisa, can you call me when you receive this email. I can help publise your need for the swap. My number 01254 871444 or 07887830892.

Thanks Vanessa
hi i have rang and left my number
thanks lisa
bluediamond305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2008, 05:50   #32
Junior Member+

still no luck
Old 18-09-2008, 07:33   #33

any one tried eavesbrook housing association ? they may have some thing to swap or register for / website on line and telephone number in the book , office in accrington
The Blue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 10:08   #34
Junior Member+

hi i have registerd with them as well its just when a house becomes available and you have to bid for it.
Old 18-09-2008, 18:33   #35

Cant you rent somewhere privately ?
Old 20-09-2008, 14:09   #36
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoman View Post
Cant you rent somewhere privately ?
i wish i could but its so expensive you have to put a bond down and a full months rent in advance and im not in the position to do that so im stuck
Old 24-09-2008, 21:03   #37
Senior Member+

I just want to ask all of you who want/ need that extra bedroom, have you actually asked HH or your council or h/a if you are eligible for the extra room because some landlords have a min occupancy and a max occupancy for each home, and just to put a dampner on things a livingroom and dining room are now classed as bedrooms to some landlords councils and H/A, i know it sounds daft but before you jump into an exchange ask your landlord, i know where i live you cant have a 3 bed if there is only 1 child or same sex children no matter what size the home is. If you have a look on the council exchange lists on the web most tell you what to expect from an exchange. i hope you all get what you need i know what its like to live in a cramped house and we all could use extra room but just seek advise before accepting an exchange that your landlord might not agree to
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 22:53   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Four children, 3 bedrooms, to be honest I would have thought that should somehow be a practical arrangement.

One for you and your spouse.
and two to share between your offspring.
Even if you have three of one sex and one of the other, practical arrangements can be made.

How would you have coped in the days of 1 up 1 down, with no contraception and a house full?
Understand what you are saying Less, but times have changed, people expect more.

I was also brought up in a 2 up/2down (with small kitchen extension). I slept in the bedroom with my parents, brother (who is 4 years older)on small back bedroom,due to bathroom installation, and Gran 'til she died, when I was 13, in the front parlour.

Not expecting you to do this Bluediamond, but perhaps you could consider a 3-bedroomed terrace, and use the front parlour as the 4th bedroom. i.e. if any available I suppose...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 23:30   #39
Caz
God Member

Smile Re: wanted house swap

This has been the situation with us, for the last 18 months, 1 attic room, 2 bedrooms and front parlour used as 4th bedroom. Gas fire of course had to be capped off in parlour, otherwise not legal as a bedroom. Also need to remember if downstairs is used as a bedroom will need a smoke alarm on that floor, or attic room if used as bedroom. Usually when fire brigade come out they put them on the landing, but when they were talking to us and discovered people sleeping on all floors, they put 2 extra in for us.

Lived in a 3 bed council house at one time , when there were 8 of us, 2 adults and 6 kids. 4 bed council properties are few and far between. We did get offered one at one stage, but it was one of the estates you wouldn't really choose. Would rather stay a little cramped and cosy, than take it. Got to admit, even having a large family myself, there is a limit I think to how far the council, or HH as it now is, should go to accommodate us (lol, pardon the pun), and if we choose to have larger families, we should work round that problem.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 14:46   #40
Junior Member+

Smile Re: wanted house swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Understand what you are saying Less, but times have changed, people expect more.

I was also brought up in a 2 up/2down (with small kitchen extension). I slept in the bedroom with my parents, brother (who is 4 years older)on small back bedroom,due to bathroom installation, and Gran 'til she died, when I was 13, in the front parlour.

Not expecting you to do this Bluediamond, but perhaps you could consider a 3-bedroomed terrace, and use the front parlour as the 4th bedroom. i.e. if any available I suppose...
yes i would do that
Old 28-09-2008, 23:11   #41

There is a four bedroomed and a three bedroomed house both empty and next door to each other on Queensway, Church.They are both boarded at the moment. I am assuming that they are owned by Hyndburn homes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..