Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2012, 21:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: pc wont boot up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Screen stays black? sounds more like display. Usually one long and two short, neither your suggestion nor mine by description sounds like a bell.
I first thought video reading the thread. I remember from when I fell asleep drunk(really drunk) in front of pc and woke up with cramp and kicked pc over and video card came out....
Old 17-10-2012, 21:13   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
and the monitor showed the usual icons. .
What icons??
Old 17-10-2012, 21:34   #18
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I remember from when I fell asleep drunk(really drunk) in front of pc and woke up with cramp and kicked pc over and video card came out....
I'm getting the picture, Rob...
Old 17-10-2012, 21:56   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I'm getting the picture, Rob...

Isn't that normal life?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 22:11   #20
Resting In Peace

Sorry forgot the last bit...
Old 17-10-2012, 22:44   #21
Senior Member+

I was very drunk that night. Me and a couple of friends shared 2 bottles of whiskey, cider and beers(think I even tried a can of Special Brew(my friend actually likes it).

Hangover for two days. Mixing drinks not advisable!

I had fallen asleep on the spinny chair. How I stayed on the chair is beyond me. I woke up with cramp in the back of my leg. It happens a few times a year. In the process I booted the pc about 5 feet(it was a long desk i had at the time)

Falling asleep drunk.... One summer it was unbearably hot&humid and I lay down the fan I had at the time and put my face to it; I Fell asleep like that for about 4 hours.

Back on topic? hehe
Old 17-10-2012, 22:46   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats right make me jealous.
Old 18-10-2012, 08:17   #23

Could it also be a stuck key on the keyboard?

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 19:18   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whats the comptuter/board? bios?

HP comes up in search. One short, one long usually means memory problem.
Hi well I was given the PC about 5 years back - I don't have any details you ask on this. It doesn't even have a brand name on it. It has windows XP in it. I'm not that bothered as i have 3 other lap tops. It's the photos and some documents I wanted on it.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 19:41   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
What icons??
When you turn some PC's on - I don't think my lap tops do it but the PC's certainly did - as it first starts up there are some graphics on the screen of the company that installed the system or other stufff!
Old 18-10-2012, 19:41   #26
Senior Member+

does anything come up on the screen when first turning on.. black screen white writing. usually tells u what bios it is there
Old 18-10-2012, 19:45   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
does anything come up on the screen when first turning on.. black screen white writing. usually tells u what bios it is there
I've unplugged it now and I can't tell you at the moment. Is it F12 the hot key on all computers that should take you into the BIOS on boot up?
Old 18-10-2012, 20:19   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Hi well I was given the PC about 5 years back - I don't have any details you ask on this. It doesn't even have a brand name on it. It has windows XP in it. I'm not that bothered as i have 3 other lap tops. It's the photos and some documents I wanted on it.
In that case the best way is to slave the harddrive in another machine and just browse it to recover the files.

Hope this helps.
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 20:39   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob97531 View Post
In that case the best way is to slave the harddrive in another machine and just browse it to recover the files.

Hope this helps.
Yeh good idea - except I don't have an other old PC and I don't think a brand new PC would be compatible with this machine.

I had a PC before that after about 6 years just clapped out that's what they do.
Old 18-10-2012, 20:56   #30
Senior Member+

can be F2, F12 or Delete. But why go into the bios setup. I mean when the screen comes on you can see whether it is award bios, phoenix whatever...

Identify your motherboard with its BIOS ID (Award, AMI, Phoenix, Mr BIOS, System Soft, IBM BIOS)

see the pics. Identify the bios then we can figure out exactly what the beeps mean.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..