Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 21:06   #166

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Dont want to sound harsh,but time to make it over 16s only.If one of the adult performers mucked it up would they be given a second chance?
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2009, 21:15   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwich stanley View Post
Dont want to sound harsh,but time to make it over 16s only.If one of the adult performers mucked it up would they be given a second chance?

No just like none of the others have had a parent on stage with them.
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 21:37   #168
Passed away 25-11-09

Although Holly was very brave to go on again she mustn't win. She's a lovely kid but she hasn't got what it takes to get out there and perform no matter what the stress. I really don't think she can cope with the Royal Variety Performance - and she wouldn't have Dec there to cuddle her.

It's not just the age thing, though. Susan Boyle has nearly cracked up through all the stupid publicity. To be honest, I didn't think her last performance was all that good and I think she got through, originally, on the strength of being a middle aged spinster. This week has shown that she appears to be obsessed with Piers Morgan (or Piersy Baby as she calls him). Her outburst in the hotel seems to have been down to his saying someone else was the best singer in the show.
Old 29-05-2009, 21:51   #169
God Member

Agreed west ender, I thought the winner tonight was the right one too, Holly would probably fair better in a couple of years, we have seen/heard a few have a bad start, they pulled it together, Holly didnt, and hopefully that was her age and inexperience. I didnt want to see another dancer win, but Aiden is going to take some beating imo, and the saxophonist will fair well, but not just for talent, but because they seem to be very humble, genuine, nice people, and I am not sure that is right either.
Old 29-05-2009, 21:55   #170

If she can't do a performance without crying, surely she's not that great. Surely everyone who makes a mistake now should be allowed a 2nd chance?
will be interesting to watch her tomorrow night
Old 29-05-2009, 21:58   #171
God Member

I have seen Holly performing with the dance school she attends. In fact given the show I attended the school seems to be branching out into more like a performing arts sort of thing with singing, dancing and drama all combined. She was very good in that and I'm not saying she wasn't good tonight(when she conquered her nerves) but to me it seemed to be her mothers dream rather than hers. Just my opinion but she seemed to really crave it more than Holly.
Old 29-05-2009, 22:18   #172
God Member

I missed it when it was on as we had a power cut.

However, I saw Hollies second performance live and have since watched her first performance on youtube.

I think what happened is a shame and we will never know if she would have got through to the final anyway if she hadn't broken down. That happening has just given the school bullies a chance to taunt her further by saying she only got through because folk felt sorry for her......but that might not have been the case, we will never know. I did feel sorry for the other guy that the judges chose her over because as soon as he heard his name against Hollie he probably thought he'd no chance but he may not have had anyway, we will never know.

I didn't think it was Hollie's nerves that gave way. I took it to be that she started singing well and then missed a couple of words, she mumbled into the microphone that she'd like to start again but the music kept playing and by this time she'd lost her place, realised she'd fluffed, panicked and started crying.

I think that this must have happened to hundreds of singers and actors or we wouldn't have shows like 'It'll be Alright on the Night'..........ok these people usually fluff in rehearsal rather than on the live performance but there you go. It happens.

My children watched tonight with me and it did make uncomfortable viewing but I turned it into a positive by saying how brave she was to ask to do it again and not just run off and refuse to come out again.

How do we know what would have happened if another contestant broke down? That hasn't happened.

I don't think it shouild be made over 16s only.......the Welsh fella was shaking something shocking and cried a lot (but not on the live show) and nobody started saying that Welsh men in their 40s should be banned from entering BGT.

I'm quite confident that tonight was a one off and that Hollie will be fine tomorrow.
Old 29-05-2009, 23:23   #173
white rabbits

I loved the Barcelona chap...now that was different,,it was supposed to be a variety of talents
Old 30-05-2009, 07:14   #174
Senior Member+

Angry Re: Britain's Got Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I loved the Barcelona chap...now that was different,,it was supposed to be a variety of talents
Totally agree.Thought at least he was different & made an effort with his visuals to accompany the song.As for Hollie...i thought it was verging on child abuse the way Cowell & co played mind games with her...you can't sing again..no time....you can sing again...we've miracously found a couple of minutes.This show is an end of pier freak show that plays more on emotions than talent(all to line Cowells already fat wallet) & to play on the already fragile state of a 10 year old is scandalous.
Old 30-05-2009, 09:19   #175
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Totally agree.Thought at least he was different & made an effort with his visuals to accompany the song.As for Hollie...i thought it was verging on child abuse the way Cowell & co played mind games with her...you can't sing again..no time....you can sing again...we've miracously found a couple of minutes.This show is an end of pier freak show that plays more on emotions than talent(all to line Cowell's already fat wallet) & to play on the already fragile state of a 10 year old is scandalous.
The little lass is there because she wants to be, just like the rest of the thousands who entered, It was only the intervention of Simon Cowell that allowed her to sing again.
Old 30-05-2009, 10:07   #176
God Member

You may find that Holly was there because her mum is chasing a dream more than Holly herself, I doubt that Holly entered herself into the competition.
Old 30-05-2009, 11:16   #177
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
You may find that Holly was there because her mum is chasing a dream more than Holly herself, I doubt that Holly entered herself into the competition.
I doubt she did this herself either,Hollie Steel or her facebook page.

Quite frankly I doubt I'll be watching tonight. After last nights awful happenings.

The sight of her mother manically begging Simon Cowell to let her try again said it all for me.

Re Greg Pritchard, I thought he was brilliant. Didn't have a chance when up against Hollie did he? Doubt the cape thing was his idea though. May have contributed to him going off key slightly coz he was having problems with it. He will be a star soon whatever happens.

Another thing that really annoys me is local papers and TV programmes urging us to vote for Hollie because she is local. Erm, pardon? Surely we will vote for who we think is most talented?

I sincerely hope she doesn't win tonight. I don't think she could cope with it.

Also, just wondering how they managed to find her extra time? Seeing as with singing plus judges comments, would probably amount to about 5 minutes. Had they allowed for this possiblity in the first place?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 12:27   #178
Resting in Peace

I always thought you couldn't have a Face Book account at 10 years of age
Old 30-05-2009, 15:23   #179

Think if i was Hollies mum id be pulling her out of tonights final the pressure for such a young girl isnt good.I remember Lena Zavaroni and that was a sad ending for such a sweet girl who won a talent show.
Old 30-05-2009, 17:03   #180
Resting in Peace

I suspect Hollie won't bottle it tonight .. therefore gaining votes from the public for not doing so ...

Didn't like her performance anyway when she got that second chance .. cracking up on most of her notes, and sadly needing some sort of personality transplant ... sorry.

Greg was rubbish too irrespective of the situation ... he was off notes mostly, and the fear in his eyes made me very uncomfortable.

Anybody's guess who is going to win this ... think you have to ask yourself whether you would pay good money to see any of them. For me, the only one is the saxophonist ... would watch him in concert.

Aiden is excellent with a wonderful personality ... but how would his career shape up ? Maybe not as a solo performer .. bit limited ... mmm not sure.

Haven't seen 'em all though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..