Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2010, 17:48   #61
Senior Member+

Re: X Factor 2010 Live Finals

Glad that Katie has gone, so fed up with her drama & crap singing! Its looking like Matt to win, with Rebecca & One Direction filling the 2 runners up spots!!

Why do these singers such as Justin Beiber fly all that way over just to mime for 5 minutes?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2010, 17:54   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Glad that Katie has gone, so fed up with her drama & crap singing! Its looking like Matt to win, with Rebecca & One Direction filling the 2 runners up spots!!

Why do these singers such as Justin Beiber fly all that way over just to mime for 5 minutes?

Best Regards - Taggy
Agree she got her cumupance. Matt is good at slow songs singin high - not so good on faster songs. Anyone could win but perhaps Cher will be the wild card

Justin Beiber flys in because there are 10 million viewers.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 18:16   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Agree she got her cumupance. Matt is good at slow songs singin high - not so good on faster songs. Anyone could win but perhaps Cher will be the wild card

Justin Beiber flys in because there are 10 million viewers.
I just cant see enough people voting for Cher, & Mary is basically a Pub Singer but nice with it!! Lol! Rebecca has a good voice, but is a dull as dishwater on stage, Matt will prob get a lot of ladies voting for him, which will probably sway it for him i think, although one direction could nick it from him if a lot of teenage girls stay in & vote!

I know a lot of technology is used musically these days, what with autotune & lipsyncing etc, but you'd think acts would have pride in their own performance & abilities when appearing on such a big show....Beiber didn't sing a single note live!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I just cant see enough people voting for Cher, & Mary is basically a Pub Singer but nice with it!! Lol! Rebecca has a good voice, but is a dull as dishwater on stage, Matt will prob get a lot of ladies voting for him, which will probably sway it for him i think, although one direction could nick it from him if a lot of teenage girls stay in & vote!

I know a lot of technology is used musically these days, what with autotune & lipsyncing etc, but you'd think acts would have pride in their own performance & abilities when appearing on such a big show....Beiber didn't sing a single note live!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Taggy, any one of them could win - I suppose it's down to what they pull out of the bag in the next show. You can't say Cher won't win as she may get all the young kids voting in as they did for George Samson on Britain's Got Talent a few years ago.

I notice Wagner was not on any TV shows on Monday, but Katie Waissel was - it turns out Simon Cowell and show boses apparently banned him from doing so...

Wagner banned from interviews after X Factor exit | News | What's on TV

Kestrel X.
Old 01-12-2010, 14:05   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Hi Taggy, any one of them could win - I suppose it's down to what they pull out of the bag in the next show. You can't say Cher won't win as she may get all the young kids voting in as they did for George Samson on Britain's Got Talent a few years ago.

I notice Wagner was not on any TV shows on Monday, but Katie Waissel was - it turns out Simon Cowell and show boses apparently banned him from doing so...

Wagner banned from interviews after X Factor exit | News | What's on TV

Kestrel X.
Yep he's too much of a loose cannon for them isn't he!!...OK he's a crap singer, but i think there were "things" put in place in the media over the last 2 weeks to make sure he got booted out. But as Ms Widdecombe says about Strictly..."its Saturday night entertainment"!
Guess things could turn round for Cher, but i doubt it, if those kids were voting in large numbers she'd never have been in the botton two...but stranger things happen!
Lets face it, its not a serious music show, but it is fun, and sure packs in the viewers!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 02-12-2010, 23:35   #66

I believe One Direction will win the x-factor not been wrong yet.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 19:45   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Alleged Phone scam kept Wagner in the X-factor for so long...

Phone scam allegedly kept Wagner in The X Factor | News | The X Factor 2010 | Reality TV | What's on TV
Old 05-12-2010, 08:05   #68
Senior Member+

Well the first part of the show was a refreshing change that they all did some up-tempo songs which I thought worked well, but the 2nd part I could easily turned over. All the 2nd songs were pants.......

Hard to decided though on who is going to go tonight, I hope Rebecca (sorry Garinda!!!) or Cher goes to be honest
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 18:48   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Your probably right - I got a hunch Mary out tonight, 5th December.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:59   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
As for the acts that will get to the final, there is only one act guaranteed on the basis of the voting patterns of the great British public, and that is One Direction. They have the Eoghain Quigg/George Sampson cuteness factor that grandmas, mums and adolescent teenagers love. They will be in the final.

As for the other two places, it will depend how Aiden, Matt, Rebecca, Cher and Treyc do in the coming weeks. Aiden looks a bit too much like last years winner, but he is probably the best of the bunch.

My predictions for the final 3 are Aiden, Rebecca and One Direction.
This was my prediction on 10th October, at the start of the live finals. I was proved right about One Direction and Rebecca. Aiden fell by the wayside because he didnt come across with much of a personality, and Matt grew into the part.

My prediction for the winner? I think we are in for a first. A group winning X Factor.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 21:07   #71
Senior Member+

Well,well,well One Direction out!!!! I dont think Matt or Rebecca deserve to be the final 2 to be honest but hey ho!!
Old 12-12-2010, 21:15   #72
God Member

Matt should win
Old 12-12-2010, 21:16   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Well,well,well One Direction out!!!! I dont think Matt or Rebecca deserve to be the final 2 to be honest but hey ho!!
Yeh that was a bit of an upset. I thought Matt had the weakest voice out of the 3. I think perhaps, just maybe people voted against One Direction as a statement against Simon. I don't really care though.
Old 12-12-2010, 21:30   #74
Senior Member+

Congratulations to Matt.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 21:33   #75
Senior Member+

What a loada poo this years X Factor has been!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..