Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 22:18   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: The Appropriate Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
don't forget the second one is on tonight at 9

Wish I had.

Fizzled out.

Over long, in need of a good editing, and not as interesting as last week's opening episode.

Disappointing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2011, 23:06   #32
Senior Member+

I agree Rindy.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 23:15   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
I agree Rindy.
How many times does that happen, with two part dramas?

Starts off great, and the second part/ending's rubbish.

I think writers try harder to make the beginings exciting, because that's all the programme makers usually have to go on, when commissioning new programmes.

Perhaps they should look at the ending instead.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:56   #34
God Member

Yep, it was crap
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:16   #35
Resting in Peace

Didn't watch the one last Sunday or last night either, but there was a report in a Sunday Paper saying that Rose West was hurt and very annoyed that the program had portrayed her as a monster, anybody thing of a different word to describe her, no me neither
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Didn't watch the one last Sunday or last night either, but there was a report in a Sunday Paper saying that Rose West was hurt and very annoyed that the program had portrayed her as a monster, anybody thing of a different word to describe her, no me neither
There was an article about her and the programme, in last week's Sunday Times.

There was an old photograph of Rose West, describing her as 'hauntingly beautiful' in her youth.

I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but that seemed to be stretching things a bit too far, and it's certainly not how I'd have described her.

I think I'd have settled for looking a bit simple.

Last edited by garinda; 12-09-2011 at 08:40.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:39   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There was an article about her and the programme, in last week's Sunday Times.

There was an old photograph of Rose West, describing her as 'hauntingly beautiful' in her youth.

I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but that seemed to be stretching things a bit too far, and it's certainly not how I'd have described her.

I think I'd have setled for looking a bit simple.
Would have loved to see how the hack would have portrayed a real minger
Old 12-09-2011, 21:53   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Wish I had.

Fizzled out.

Over long, in need of a good editing, and not as interesting as last week's opening episode.

Disappointing.
The problem with Internet forums is that they breed ignorance in that certain types of people can make one line quips and then get their mates to back them up! This would not happen in real time situations as it would end up in physical violence. Problem with the Internet people can behave deviously and highly negatively in away they could not do before.

I don't think the 2nd one was dissapointing - it went into how the appropriate adult was manipulated and used by "evil" Fred West. I don't know how true that was the way she kept visiting him with out Police knowledge, but she was a fool to do it without telling the Police! Perhaps the week break killed the momentum but I thought it was very good all in all!

Last edited by kestrelx; 12-09-2011 at 21:58.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 22:14   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The problem with Internet forums is that they breed ignorance in that certain types of people can make one line quips and then get their mates to back them up! This would not happen in real time situations as it would end up in physical violence. Problem with the Internet people can behave deviously and highly negatively in away they could not do before.

I don't think the 2nd one was dissapointing - it went into how the appropriate adult was manipulated and used by "evil" Fred West. I don't know how true that was the way she kept visiting him with out Police knowledge, but she was a fool to do it without telling the Police! Perhaps the week break killed the momentum but I thought it was very good all in all!
Trust me, ever since I learned to speak I've spoken my own mind.

I neither care, nor am particularly bothered, if others happen to share my own point of view. Though I do find it fascinating to know what others are thinking.

It doesn't make my thoughts more, or less important than anyone else's.

I do pity your situation, in which differences of opinion end in 'physical violence'. That's a very sad situation to be living with.

Anyway, back to the subject of the programme Appropriate Adult, which subsequently seems more than a little ironic.

I, and it seems others who've posted, were disappointed with the final episode, compared to the opening one, the Sunday before.

You liked it.

The rest of us obviously aren't as easily satisfied.

Takes all sorts.

Old 12-09-2011, 22:18   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
she was a fool
There's always one.

Well in most dramas there is.

Old 12-09-2011, 22:35   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well i never watched it,but have read the thread outa interest,plus i'm a nosey get, but either yeh talking a load of crap here, or yeh consorted wi a load of clowns oer the years?
Old 12-09-2011, 22:43   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i never watched it,but have read the thread outa interest,plus i'm a nosey get, but either yeh talking a load of crap here, or yeh consorted wi a load of clowns oer the years?
Plus, Flashy and Junetta know and speak their own mind.

To suggest they posted to 'back up their mate', is utterly ludicrous.

Next we'll be hearing, yet again, about the sinister and evil workings of the Accy Web 'clique'.

Old 12-09-2011, 22:51   #43

I don't see anything wrong with Garinda's comments on the second programme. We all have our own likes or dislikes with tv programmes. So why is someone suggesting physical violence would be used in a face to face situation? I don't like Coronation Street. WHACK! How dare you criticise Ken Barlow!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 07:32   #44
God Member

Backing mates up hey.....whatever happened to freedom of speech? And believe me, i do say WHAT i want, WHEN i want, i don't ever feel the need to back anyone up, if i think what they are saying is right i will agree, if i think what they are saying is wrong then i'll air my views, kestrelx, you really haven't got used to me yet have you? Tut tut
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..