Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2018, 08:23   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Should we change history for political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh look, more "inconvenient truth", the leftists liberal bedwetters don't like & won't mention .... can't for the life of me think why.
Perhaps cos they are that thick they are not aware?
Old 15-02-2018, 15:39   #17
Beacon of light

No...it is just that they do not wish to acknowledge what is an inconvenient truth that does not sit well with their political dogma.

It is we, the colonialists, who are in the wrong(according to them)not the corrupt greedy leaders who took over after the Brits left.
DaveinGermany and hilleluk like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 16:03   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No...it is just that they do not wish to acknowledge what is an inconvenient truth that does not sit well with their political dogma.

It is we, the colonialists, who are in the wrong(according to them)not the corrupt greedy leaders who took over after the Brits left.
Which to me means they are THICK.
DaveinGermany and hilleluk like this.
Old 15-02-2018, 17:40   #19
Beacon of light

Not necessarily....they are turning away from the truth....that does not make them thick, it makes them ignorant.
Old 15-02-2018, 18:06   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Not necessarily....they are turning away from the truth....that does not make them thick, it makes them ignorant.
To me means too thick to recognize the truth.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 24-09-2018, 18:24   #21
Senior Member+

A dog called Nigger? for a short period my nick name at school was that because of my first name. Some one just called it me for a while but I didn't complain then it stopped.

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-09-2018 at 18:28.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 19:00   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Okay ... so how do they stand on the derogative "White Nigga" ? Will the snowys wet themselves over its "Cultural appropriation" connotations? If that's the case then their tacitly admitting that ethnics use "Nigga" as one of their words & should others not be allowed to use it, well that's just discriminatory surely??? And as we keep getting told discrimination is right up there with, hatecrime, xyzphobic attitudes etc, etc!

Ooh, I can see them writhing & squirming in their "White guilt" cesspit of leftist self loathing, and yes I'm loving it!
Old 24-09-2018, 19:24   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

An older article admittedly, but I present it for perusal as an example of changes in recent "History" to accommodate the ever whining wankeratti. Bear in mind it's an English university, whose founders where white & as such profligated the "Culture & history" of our Isles, dominions & that of our European neighbours & trade partners.

If these ingrates & their Ilk wish to study BAME "Culture & History" Why not go to a land that has such educational facilities that relate to their desires for ethnic doodads, try Saudi, Iran, Iraq or Africa even, surely the amount of countries within that particular land mass must have centres of unbounded educational excellence relating to their people & culture, let 'em study there ......

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...black-history/
Old 26-10-2018, 09:36   #24
Beacon of light

Today I read that Emily Dawes, the Feminist, vegan president of the Students Union of Southampton University wants to remove the Mural in the senate room of the University, that was painted by Sir Willian Rotherstein in 1916. This painting is showing the unknown soldier being conferred with an honorary degree.
It denotes all of those men who left university to fight in World War One.
What is her beef about this picture?
Well, it is showing only men and they are all (shock, horror) WHITE MEN.
Now this women is from Virginia in the good old US of A.....she says that if the picture is not taken down, the she would take steps to paint over it.

I thought that the universities in this country were places of learning and were populated by people who were the cream of the intelligentsia crop.
Emily Dawes herself is a student of astrophysics....so no intellectual slouch.
However she fails to recognise that at the time of WWI....it was mainly white males who went out and fought for the freedoms that she now enjoys....that many of those who went out to fight for those freedoms made the ultimate sacrifice and paid with their lives.

She has since made a lukewarm apology for her ill considered and thoughtless comments.
We cannot(however much we might like to....and I am not sure that I would like to) change our past....we can only(if we are wise) learn from it.
Someone needs to tell her that her mind is SO open, she is in danger of her brain falling out.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-10-2018, 11:42   #25

I’m not sure what it is about the Southampton area but it does seem to be a hotbed of political over-correctness. I’ve noticed several such events in the past. One stupidity in particular sticks in the mind, someone wanted to remove the syllable ‘man’ from the words ‘management’ and ‘manager’ despite being at a loss to provide replacements and totally failing to recognise that both words are related to the verb ‘manage’ and all are gender irrelevant anyway.

However in respect of this painting it specifically honours those who interrupted their studies and in many cases lost their lives for the sake of this country, virtually all of these were white, British and middle or upper class because that’s who were in British Universities at that time. There were a very small number of non-white colonial students that were being educated for administrative positions in their home countries but their circumstances would usually have precluded their involvement. I wonder how many non-whites were in American Universities in 1916 - answered possibly on the fingers of one or two hands?

It should however be noted (because its often forgotten) that there were significant numbers of both British and French colonial troops in the trenches in France as well as in conflict in other parts of the world where conflict occurred.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 12:15   #26
Beacon of light

Yes you are right about it being a place of ill considered political correctness.
The comments that this American woman made were ahead of a week where the debate is entitled 'All things Black'.
Now forgive me,but isn't this just a bit of questionable virtue signalling.

I was aware of the history behind this mural, and it is part of our history....the fact that young white men gave up their academic pursuits to defend our freedoms....many of them never coming back.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-10-2018, 19:47   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats nowt Cambridge University the Students union have BANNED Poppys these that attend yon are a majority of high class people ( if i'm not mistaken?)these are in the main the scumbags that will go on to represent us in Government. so what chance is there of us returning to a country we are proud of? very little i am sorry to say.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 26-10-2018, 20:24   #28
Beacon of light

More on the story of that bit of lint at Southampton.....she has had a very privileged upbringing and she is taking a year out of her studies to be President of the Students Union.....and get this.....being paid £20,000.

As for poppies being banned by the Students Union in Cambridge....these are supposed to be people who are intelligent....they are supposed to be able to formulate ideas and ideals of their own, they are supposed to be capable of thought and critical analysis, yet they act like a mindless herd.
It does not give me any great hope for the future of this country.

Cashy, gone are the days when it as only the top knobs that got into the prestigious Universities....now it boils down to whether you can pay.
These seats of learning are now commercial businesses....yes of course you DO have to get the right exam results as well, but with money....anything is possible (as the Philip Green debacle goes to show)
hilleluk and hilleluk like this.
Old 02-11-2018, 14:23   #29
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Can you imagine how hurtful it must be to be a black lesbian stuck in a wheelchair and getting banned from your studies in Cambridge, just because your name is Poppy?
ray honda and ferret man like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 15:25   #30
Beacon of light

I have a very good imagination, but no....this is a step too far for me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..