Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2018, 11:47   #1

Netflix v Amazon

I am going to try one of the streaming video internet services for TV/ films. I wonder if any member is using Amazon Prime or Netflix and what they think of it. They are both about the same price per month. I would rather not have loads of US crime dramas if possible.
Thanks, Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2018, 12:08   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Netflix v Amazon

We started with Amazon prime earlier this year, (yearly subscription €69,00 so about 62 Quid) that said though it was mainly for the "Grand Tour" to be honest but I'm enjoying the "Vikings" series too & Marion gets her German telly.

Added to that it gets me next day delivery on orders from amazon, I can borrow books from the kindle library instead of buying & apparently I can listen to free music aswell, so for our needs it does us fine.
Old 14-02-2018, 13:43   #3

Thanks Dave, I think I am veering more towards Amazon as a first choice.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 09:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
Thanks Dave, I think I am veering more towards Amazon as a first choice.
Mark
Me too!
dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2018, 06:14   #5
God Member

the USA netflix has a lot more variety and content than the UK netflix

netflix provide a substandard service in comparison for the UK

you used to be able to trick netflix pretty easily in to allowing you a USA account but they have tightened it up now so it is a lot more difficult to do

netflix UK is O.K as long as you arent aware of how much a better service they provide to other countries

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 13:17   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here you go Cashy, not as indepth as I thought, but now it's up again & a coüple of years on maybe more folk can add their information & experiences to the thread.

https://www.dummies.com/consumer-ele...fire-tv-stick/

Hopefully this helps others as well as your good self.
Old 29-08-2021, 22:52   #7
Full Member+

I have Amazon Prime and if you order stuff from Amazon using Prime you can also get free next day delivery. Not used Netflix so can't really compare the two.
Old 31-08-2021, 20:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the USA netflix has a lot more variety and content than the UK netflix

netflix provide a substandard service in comparison for the UK

you used to be able to trick netflix pretty easily in to allowing you a USA account but they have tightened it up now so it is a lot more difficult to do

netflix UK is O.K as long as you arent aware of how much a better service they provide to other countries
Seconded.
I keep seeing partial videos on farcebook that are supposed to be on netflix.
Well not on Netflix UK they are not! grr.
While it may have some good stuff, it is very much populated with sub b/c rated films with bad sync, voiceovers and bad actors.

I can log onto both netflix and prime via my sky box or the pc etc.

That said, I'm almost finished watching all 5 series of "better call saul", after that I'll do breaking bad and on top "Bad Girls" season 4 has just been released so I'm watching that right now.

Amazon prime is good too although I have not watched that as much as its on the wifes account, prime 1 day delivery seem to be a myth now, many times things are way later than promised and non prime deliveries just as fast.

The free ebooks etc. the wife likes.

So we have prime, netflix and disney.... covers everyones tastes.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..