Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2010, 17:57   #1
Resting in Peace

Anybody remember this guy

The other half picked me up a copy of yesterdays LT this morning merely because there was quite a lot of copy on Ronnie Clayton (she met him when we toured Ewood a few years ago). I was having a quick look through when I noticed a letter from this chap who's name rag a hell of a bell with me, it was Ron Loebell Ribble Valley UKIP. I remember this chap from wen I was very young, I maybe wrong but I seem to think he lived in the house which was in what is now the Foxhill Nature Reserve, anybody else bring this guy to mind
Old 21-11-2010, 12:41   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Anybody remember this guy

Ronnie Loebell was an electrician in the 60s and 70s,worked for the same company as I did.He has been a councillor in Clitheroe for a long time.
gbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 14:05   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The other half picked me up a copy of yesterdays LT this morning merely because there was quite a lot of copy on Ronnie Clayton (she met him when we toured Ewood a few years ago). I was having a quick look through when I noticed a letter from this chap who's name rag a hell of a bell with me, it was Ron Loebell Ribble Valley UKIP. I remember this chap from wen I was very young, I maybe wrong but I seem to think he lived in the house which was in what is now the Foxhill Nature Reserve, anybody else bring this guy to mind
Think your right Jaysay, I can remember playing around the 'Planny' and being told that he lived (or had lived in the big house there.)
Didn't he also go to Rhyddings.
( I know my friend Pauline knew him so I'll see what she can remember.
Hope you are going on ok
Susan
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 09:36   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Think your right Jaysay, I can remember playing around the 'Planny' and being told that he lived (or had lived in the big house there.)
Didn't he also go to Rhyddings.
( I know my friend Pauline knew him so I'll see what she can remember.
Hope you are going on ok
Susan
Ya Susan thought you may remember him, hadn't heard of him for years well since those days in my early teens and its not really a name you forget
Old 27-02-2013, 21:18   #5

hey up its me ronnie loebell, saw your bit on internet search, now a member of this
still living in clitheroe been there 45 yrs now and now fully retired . still wander around ossy visiting mates there frank mitchell crapet man top or stonebridge lane.. tony perkins ex butcher .. geff pendregrast ex gem press .. help out eddie person with the rhyddings school reunion which we hold every 3 yrs or so. eddie does a rock and roll night at the popular club near accie police station area . let me know if you get this ..
Ronnie Loebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 21:20   #6

hello its me ronnie loebell just saying hello just joined this site so we can chat more soon
Ronnie Loebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 08:47   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Loebell View Post
hello its me ronnie loebell just saying hello just joined this site so we can chat more soon
Hi Ronnie, I started this thread after reading about you in the press, can remember you living in ossy all those years ago, I mated out with Jack Johnson who lived on spring terrace and Peter Parker, how sadly is no longer with us) he lived on Milton Street they both went to Rhyddings, I know Eddie quite well worked with him at Shopfitters and he still goes in Ossy Con
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..