Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2007, 13:29   #1

bike thief

my son left his bike outside the spar on thwaites road on sat evening and when he came out some litle git had stolen it, just want you to be aware then it doesnt happen to you, he bought the bike back in june out of his own money, he spent his birthday money and a bit of spending money on that bike, it was his pride and joy, his dad went out looking for it but it was long gone, i hope i dont bump into anyone on it because i wont be responsible for what i might do.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2007, 13:32   #2
Senior Member+

Re: bike thief

hiya, sorry to hear about the bike... can you post a description so that the accyweb members can keep an eye out for it?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 13:39   #3
Senior Member+

couple of weeks ago my brothers bike got nicked and its a silver bmw with a little blue on it. I heard of the police officer alot had been stollen around accrington , so beware!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 13:40   #4
Senior Member+

probably somebodies christmas present now..........

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 13:51   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
couple of weeks ago my brothers bike got nicked and its a silver bmw with a little blue on it. I heard of the police officer alot had been stollen around accrington , so beware!

your brother drives a car bike or did you mean BMX?
Old 19-11-2007, 13:59   #6
Senior Member+

hehe hes only 11 so i dont think he can drive lol Yes i ment bmx lol!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 15:04   #7
God Member

I am forever telling my grandson off for leaving his while he gets me to open the back door. These thieving gits are just waiting for the chance to pounce!!
Old 19-11-2007, 19:32   #8

I hope you get it back,its the same were i live i went in to a shop on the main road for a paper and some kids or should i say teenager,s tryed to nick my weel chair but i was just comeing out of the door.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 17:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 View Post
my son left his bike outside the spar on thwaites road on sat evening and when he came out some litle git had stolen it, just want you to be aware then it doesnt happen to you, he bought the bike back in june out of his own money, he spent his birthday money and a bit of spending money on that bike, it was his pride and joy, his dad went out looking for it but it was long gone, i hope i dont bump into anyone on it because i wont be responsible for what i might do.

An unfortunate reminder then to others to not leave their bike unattended at anytime unless left secure.

Hope you have some joy in seeing its' return.
Old 21-11-2007, 20:44   #10

bike long gone, been looking but the scum have probably sold it on for a few pence.
Old 21-11-2007, 20:46   #11
God Member

Has the spar got cctv???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 18:10   #12

didnt think of that, i know they have inside but not sure about outside, worth a try, thanks.
Old 22-11-2007, 19:39   #13
God Member

I had similar, I have been renovating the garden, when we moved in, the privets at the back prevented people driving to thier driveways, so I cut them down, now they can see the garden, somebody nicked the new green wheelbarrow, then 3 days later, a two wheeled red sack barrow, with a cover over the bars (used for moving flags) was taken, Funnily enough, the 'scrap men' in a white front, and blue flat back transit, had just been round on both occasions.
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 08:36   #14

yeah, they are round a lot, but it wasnt them this time,lol. it was just after tea when his was stolen.
Old 23-11-2007, 11:25   #15
white rabbits

If you took your false teeth out ,someone would knick them these days,,..i do hope you get your bike back but i wouldent hold my breath

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..