Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 16:25   #1

James St Club

Just heard that a planning application has been submitted to change the working mens club into function rooms for Asian weddings etc. That will cause traffic chaos around that area during an event.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2008, 16:53   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: James St Club

Ah ... thanks Firefighter ... we have queried this before, as knew already knew there was a function room but as it incorporates weddings, appears to explain it.

See application 11/08/0213:-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...08TO040408.pdf
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 18:40   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

so was there never traffic chaos when it was a WMC when they had functions? or am i missing summat?
Old 08-07-2008, 18:43   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so was there never traffic chaos when it was a WMC when they had functions? or am i missing summat?
We didn't turn up in Limo's Cashy.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 19:46   #5
God Member

So where does it say that it's just for Asian weddings?

Surely a function room is a function room?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:27   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

Well, the applicant could be a bit of a clue Gayle ... Mr. Nasif Yousaf. As muslims don't drink, they will be all turning up in their cars, unlike us lot who get taxis .. Are extending the car park. Suppose just a change of usage of the function room, but like you say, we do not really know, as H.B.C. do not have the facilities yet on their web-site to elaborate.

The decision is not yet posted (nowt unusual there) .. so decision may have been already reached !!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 21:44   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, the applicant could be a bit of a clue Gayle ... Mr. Nasif Yousaf. As muslims don't drink, they will be all turning up in their cars, unlike us lot who get taxis .
bit pedantic i know but thats complete cobblers, i used to drink with a couple of muslims from work, of coarse they didn't drink at all when visiting friends n family.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:49   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bit pedantic i know but thats complete cobblers, i used to drink with a couple of muslims from work, of coarse they didn't drink at all when visiting friends n family.
Well in general Cashy, ya daft apath .. if the gossip as provided by Firefighter is true ( makes sense), then all friends and family will be at these 'functions'.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:26   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, the applicant could be a bit of a clue Gayle ... Mr. Nasif Yousaf. As muslims don't drink, !!!!
how ya know he's Muslim?...he could be Hindu...
Old 09-07-2008, 12:26   #10

Quote:

I was actually talking to the fella who owns it (horses mouth) and he told me his plans also they are not applying for a drinks/gaming license so I guess not so many Ossy folk will want their eighteenths there anymore.

Quote:
Your missing summat, they used the car park, go and watch one they are very eye opening but part of the celebration is about 100+ males in hired powerfull cars (usually merc convertables) driving around pipping horns with music blaring, then they go driving like idiots and we end up cutting them out, I can't remember such events when it was a WMC.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:57   #11
God Member

go and watch one they are very eye opening but part of the celebration is about 100+ males in hired powerfull cars (usually merc convertables) driving around pipping horns with music blaring, then they go driving like idiots and we end up cutting them out, I can't remember such events when it was a WMC.[/quote]

No change there then, I thought that was just the idiot taxi drivers!
Old 09-07-2008, 13:01   #12
God Member

I thought that they ferried all their family women in stretch limos.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 13:44   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753 View Post
I was actually talking to the fella who owns it (horses mouth) and he told me his plans also they are not applying for a drinks/gaming license so I guess not so many Ossy folk will want their eighteenths there anymore.

Your missing summat, they used the car park, go and watch one they are very eye opening but part of the celebration is about 100+ males in hired powerfull cars (usually merc convertables) driving around pipping horns with music blaring, then they go driving like idiots and we end up cutting them out, I can't remember such events when it was a WMC.
don't need to go watch one, have been to a couple at accy town hall, n never noticed a big traffic problem there.
Old 09-07-2008, 15:56   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753 View Post

Yet another person trying to make a mole hill appear to be Everest!

If the guy can afford to buy it and is going to put it to use, for celebrations and people getting together what on Earth is wrong with that?

It's doubtful you will get an invite, they probably want to enjoy themselves.

If you are a genuine firefighter, shouldn't you be against fanning the flames, rather than pouring your flammable prejudice all over the place?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 22:22   #15

Quote:
Yet another person trying to make a mole hill appear to be Everest!

If the guy can afford to buy it and is going to put it to use, for celebrations and people getting together what on Earth is wrong with that?

It's doubtful you will get an invite, they probably want to enjoy themselves.

If you are a genuine firefighter, shouldn't you be against fanning the flames, rather than pouring your flammable prejudice all over the place?

Who the hell are you calling me prejudice, I haven't got a predudicial bone in my body and find all your comments offensive.

I don't care who wants to use the club or for whatever reasons, I am merely pointing out traffic problems associated with asian weddings. Blackburn Police have towed dozens of cars away due to poor parking ie fire appliances, ambulances etc unable to proceed down streets in Blackburn, its a massive problem and I have every right to be concerned as, as the rest of the residents in the immediate area.

I am just pointing out a potential traffic problem, it might never happen but it might.

People like you make me sick, as soon as anybody comments about other cultures you call people prejudice, thats why people are scared of commenting on problems with other cultures.

Maybe you should think before you start attacking people for having concerns on traffic issues in the area where they live, if our cultures weddings where so well attended I would have concerns about that too.

Get off your high horse.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..