Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2008, 13:57   #1

orange mobile signal

Is anyone in ossy on orange mobile that is fed up of no signal on the mobile i am fed up with them last week we had 4 days without it and it is off again today .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2008, 14:10   #2
God Member

Re: orange mobile signal

We had an outage weekend before last up Bash as Julies went off. Strangely, Voda share the mast and mine was fine.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 16:22   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Is anyone in ossy on orange mobile that is fed up of no signal on the mobile i am fed up with them last week we had 4 days without it and it is off again today .
I am bondi, I even got a new mobile because, I thought mine had gone kaput, the signals on and of like a bride's nightie
Old 19-12-2008, 09:26   #4
God Member

I'm on Orange and just recieved my monthly bill. I decided to give them a ring to see what they were doing about crediting anyone who's service was down last week.

There was no fuss or argument from them and they credited my bill for five days worth - which with my plan works out at roughly £5. It'll come off my Jan bill as the Dec one has just gone through but that's fine.

I suggest anyone who was affected to give them a ring and get it credited.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 10:55   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I'm on Orange and just recieved my monthly bill. I decided to give them a ring to see what they were doing about crediting anyone who's service was down last week.

There was no fuss or argument from them and they credited my bill for five days worth - which with my plan works out at roughly £5. It'll come off my Jan bill as the Dec one has just gone through but that's fine.

I suggest anyone who was affected to give them a ring and get it credited.
You really don't have any come back Gayle if your on pay-as-you-go, I only have a mobile for emergencies and texting, I just happened that last Saturday when there were power cuts I didn't have a signal, suppose that's called sods law
Old 19-12-2008, 11:05   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You really don't have any come back Gayle if your on pay-as-you-go, I only have a mobile for emergencies and texting, I just happened that last Saturday when there were power cuts I didn't have a signal, suppose that's called sods law
You could always have a spare sim for another provider ie O2 in the hope that if your Orange is down your O2 would not be. You would need an unlocked phone to be able to use either sim and make sure the credit is not time limited on your pay as you go sims. On some phones there is just enough room to put a spare sim on top of the battery and still get the cover back on.
Old 19-12-2008, 11:56   #7
God Member

you don't actually need an 'unlocked' phone if you use a "smartSim", available for most phones for 1/2 teh cost of getting a phone unlocked.

Old 19-12-2008, 12:15   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

The majority of phone's bought from carphone warehouse are unlocked anyway.
Old 19-12-2008, 12:29   #9
God Member

I didn't think that was so true any more. It used to be but I heard that teh networks were forcing them to be sold locked, particularly the high end models

Old 19-12-2008, 13:11   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I have just bought one from them. He said most of their phones are unlocked. Saves having to stock 5 or 6 times as many phones.
Old 19-12-2008, 13:24   #11
God Member

Orange and Voda normally brand their phones so not sure how they get round this. I'm not talking a little icon on teh case, down in teh actual firmware they lock them to their preferred apps and startup screens etc.

Old 19-12-2008, 14:10   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I think you are right with the new model phone thing as I know they do brand them. The one I got was a PAYG Samsung U600 and it is unbranded and unlocked.
Old 19-12-2008, 16:24   #13
Resting in Peace

I have a Sony Ericsson and have just got an LG, I ain't got a clue whether they are locked or not, I'm not a techno like you lot
Old 19-12-2008, 17:41   #14

right i am off down to the orange shop tomorow to report my 6 days of no signal i am on contract with internet and mobile so i wont half give them something to think about tomorrow when i state my case in this day and age when out in car on your own your mobile is your life line.
Old 24-11-2011, 13:32   #15

Well here i am again sick to the teeth of orange not been able to access my e mails now for a week on computer i have rung them up which costs a fortune on your land line .
They come at with with all this tecnical jargon which you have to have a GCSE to understand what they are talking about so thats me i am coming off orange and going with another server really fed up.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..