Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2011, 08:12   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Peel Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Shut up!
Take yer own advice?
Old 25-06-2011, 08:48   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Take yer own advice?
Hear Hear
Old 25-06-2011, 13:05   #63
Bee
I am Banned

Delete these posts PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 14:26   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Delete these posts PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.
If that was the case your post count would be at -10
Old 23-07-2013, 23:15   #65

Nothing much happened with this space for soooo long but guess what. Public consultation at the civic Ossy Town Hall in August for_

Wait for it!!!

Are you ready?

Yes!

A home for the elderly.
Old 24-07-2013, 11:15   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
Nothing much happened with this space for soooo long but guess what. Public consultation at the civic Ossy Town Hall in August for_

Wait for it!!!

Are you ready?

Yes!

A home for the elderly.
That should be interesting, who and how much money has been made out of that site

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:03   #67
God Member

I don't know much about the consultation other than I was contacted by the architects who wanted to hire a room.

As far as I know the architects are based in Birmingham and are called M.E. Architects. The company that bought the land has three other care homes - in Rochdale, Bolton and Colne (from memory so not 100% sure I've got the locations right).

The consultation is 1st August, 6pm to 8pm.

On the one hand I think it will be a massive improvement on a blot on the landscape and will give a little boost to some shops around it as presumably there will be visitors coming and going. My only concern I guess, is where the car park entrance will be as it can't come out onto Union Rd because of the bus stop and traffic, if it was on Lord St it would seriously reduce the Civic's limited parking, Sun Street residents would probably complain if it was there and Haworth St already has congestion because of the school and health clinic.

I can't see it being refused permission though as it was a care home ten years ago.

PS - it's at the Civic Arts Centre - I hate to keep pointing this out but the Town Hall doesn't exist anymore.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:53   #68
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
My only concern I guess, is where the car park entrance will be as it can't come out onto Union Rd because of the bus stop and traffic, if it was on Lord St it would seriously reduce the Civic's limited parking, Sun Street residents would probably complain if it was there and Haworth St already has congestion because of the school and health clinic.
The old entrance was on Haworth street and is still there so that would be the obvious place for it. On Sun Street opposite Lock Street would also be ok.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:41   #69
God Member

they may not build it in the old shape though Neil, my mum and dad worked there when i was little, we lived in one of the houses attached to the home, it all depends on which way round they build it
Old 31-07-2013, 21:58   #70
God Member

Consultation tomorrow about the spare land next to the Civic. Call in tomorrow at 5.30pm to see the plans.

There is a picture in the boards outside the Civic. The layout is different but the car entrance is in the same place.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..